The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BigBangEnthusiast

The Conners

I really don't know, but I'm sure that most taping's of any shows should be the same so if you maybe PMed TENSOR he would probably know. Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, walnutcowboy said:

I really don't know, but I'm sure that most taping's of any shows should be the same so if you maybe PMed TENSOR he would probably know. Hope this helps.

The AU site said not all shows offer food, so that's why I questioned it. Not a huge deal.

OK, I haven't been to a taping since I was a teenager* (a LONG time ago) and they never served food/drinks back then.

* I wish I had gone to see TBBT when I still lived in Southern California !

Johnny was on "The Conners" tonight

From TV Line

The Conners Recap: Darlene vs. Blue — Plus:

's Drinking Problem

This week on The Conners, Johnny Galecki reprises his role as David, and brings with him his “crayon” of a girlfriend Blue, played by former Christmas Vacation sister Juliette Lewis. Becky, meanwhile, takes on a second job.

<full recap in the link>

the-conners-season-1-episode-2-david-blue.jpg

It lost 25% of its viewers from the premiere. I think there will be a strong will and determination by those execs to complete the season, but I would be surprised if it gets a second one.

I've seen both episodes.  It seems more serious to me than TBBT. Viewers tuning in for quick laughs aren't going to find they get them. I hope the company finds the right audience to aim at and gets another few seasons. 

One episode was more than I needed. I found out how Roseanne died and that was enough. If I wanted to see how my neighbors lived I'd spend more time over there instead of watching the Conners.

41 minutes ago, walnutcowboy said:

One episode was more than I needed. I found out how Roseanne died and that was enough. If I wanted to see how my neighbors lived I'd spend more time over there instead of watching the Conners.

I hope neither you nor your neighbours have the money  issues behind  the Conner family's situation.    

Edited by joyceraye

6 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I hope neither you nor your neighbours have the money  issues behind  the Conner family's situation.    

We spent most of our married life living most Conners life and not just the money part, which is why I've failed to see the humor in either Roseanne or the Connors. 

24 minutes ago, walnutcowboy said:

We spent most of our married life living most Conners life and not just the money part, which is why I've failed to see the humor in either Roseanne or the Connors. 

I watched all the episodes of Roseanne earlier this year and then both episodes of  The Conners. I couldn't see what was supposed to be funny. There was a line about the president declaring a state of emergency, which meant work for Dan and money for an operation for Roseanne. Somebody asked if it still counted if the president couldn't spell the name of the state. There was nothing else amusing. 

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I watched all the episodes of Roseanne earlier this year and then both episodes of  The Conners. I couldn't see what was supposed to be funny. There was a line about the president declaring a state of emergency, which meant work for Dan and money for an operation for Roseanne. Somebody asked if it still counted if the president couldn't spell the name of the state. There was nothing else amusing. 

I agree. I've found more funny jokes at a funeral home. IMO it shows what this world is coming to. I don't see the show making it. However if Sarah Chalke had a full time roll then maybe......Nah, not even for her.

FYI as we are both now retired, we are now living better, with no real worries. 

Edited by walnutcowboy
  • Like 1

From TV Line

The Conners' Sara Gilbert Talks Finale's 'Surprise' Guest and Cliffhanger Ending, Offers Season 2 Update

The Conners wraps its inaugural 11-episode season tonight (8/7c, ABC) with a fair amount of wind in its sails. Despite its controversy-plagued birth, the Roseannespinoff has been a ratings winner (it’s the network’s No. 2 show behind only Grey’s Anatomy), making a second season more a question of when than if.

For her part Sara Gilbert, who in addition to starring as Darlene serves as an exec producer on the offshoot, tells TVLine that she remains “hopeful that there will be a Season 2” particularly since the episode ends “with a bit of a cliffhanger.”

Might said cliffhanger involve the rumored return of Gilbert’s onscreen ex Johnny Galecki? (ABC has been dropping strong hints that Galecki’s David will resurface to potentially throw a monkey wrench into Darlene’s plans to relocate to Chicago with new boyfriend Ben, played by Jay R. Ferguson). Without officially confirming Galecki’s return, Gilbert says, “I think David and Darlene are so tied to each other emotionally that they keep coming into each others’ lives. I don’t think either one of them can easily step away from each other.”

Regardless of what the future holds for The Conners, Gilbert believes this finale serves as a fitting “bookend” to the show’s October opener. “Some of the emotions of the premiere come up again in this episode,” she shares. “That’s something that was really important to me. I didn’t want to do a sitcom version of loss where there’s one “very special episode” and then it’s done and everybody moves on. This episode shows that emotional themes run through people’s lives and not just through a week.”

• Like 1

From Entertainment Tonight

'The Conners' Finale: Are Darlene and David Getting Back Together?

Darlene is finally happy -- which means it was just about time for David to come back into her life.

On The Conners season finale, Darlene (Sara Gilbert) excitedly begins to tell her family that Ben has asked her and her kids to move to Chicago with him. She does feel a little guilty, seeing as she promised to stay and help Becky (Lecy Goranson) raise her baby, but her pregnant sister is fully supportive of the move, as is her dad, Dan (John Goodman), who's pretty thrilled about the idea of having some peace and quiet -- before Becky inevitably becomes the next Conner child to move back in. Darlene's kids, Harris (Emma Kenny) and Mark (Ames McNamara) are just as stoked about the idea of getting out of Lanford, where Harris especially feels she's been tortured in suburban hell for the past couple of years, so the move seems like a no brainer for Darlene, who is finally happy and in what seems like a solid relationship with Ben, a small miracle after divorcing her childhood sweetheart, David (Johnny Galecki). 

Naturally, this is about the time David comes knocking on the door of the Conner home. He reveals to Darlene that he's finally broken up with his girlfriend, Blue, because she wanted kids and "the whole package" -- a fun fact she revealed to Darlene at Becky's baby shower in the last episode -- which David just couldn't give her. His family, after all, had always been with Darlene. It's a completely unfair move on his part, especially when he tells Darlene to say no to Ben's Chicago request, which included one hell of a guilt trip from David: "Are you really going to bail on me to move in with some stranger?" Darlene makes sure to let him know how crappy that is, especially since that's exactly what he did to her with Blue, but she's obviously thrown by the confrontation -- which would happen to anyone who's grappling with a major relationship move just as an ex decides to re-declare their love for you.

<full article in the link>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not reached TV on this side of the pond so I've only seen it so far on a laptop screen. I found it amazing to see so many TBBT cast-members in it and yet accept them in their Conners roles and not where I was used to watching them. I suppose that's what good casting does.

When will the new series be made and shown ?