Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Stephen Hawking

2311 North Los Robles Avenue has 8 floors, with 2 apartments per floor.

Recommended Posts

For some time, I've been trying to figure out how many floors and apartments there are, in 2311 North Robles Avenue, and now I've finally figured it out.

I worked it out, using the following information.

1. There are 16 mailboxes.

2. There are at least 5 floors.

Based on the above there can't be 4 apartment per floor, and we know there are at least 2 per floor.

Three is also out of the question, so it must be 8 floors, with 2 apartments per floor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

For some time, I've been trying to figure out how many floors and apartments there are, in 2311 North Robles Avenue, and now I've finally figured it out.

I worked it out, using the following information.

1. There are 16 mailboxes.

2. There are at least 5 floors.

Based on the above there can't be 4 apartment per floor, and we know there are at least 2 per floor.

Three is also out of the question, so it must be 8 floors, with 2 apartments per floor.

Why not 5  floors with 3 apartments and one apartment on the ground floor.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

Why not 5  floors with 3 apartments and one apartment on the ground floor.

I've studied the ground floor in the various episodes (sad I know. ☹️), and there's only one door, and it has a name on it, rather than a number,  like all the other apartments, so I'm concluding it is some kind of office/storage/janitors room.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I've studied the ground floor in the various episodes (sad I know. ☹️), and there's only one door, and it has a name on it, rather than a number,  like all the other apartments, so I'm concluding it is some kind of office/storage/janitors room.

There are only 5 floors in the building, because in the episode about the tenants association where Lenny met several neighbours, one was the neighbour in 5B and in that scene we can see that the stairs doesn't go any higher than that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

So where is the third apartment on each floor, and why didn't Leonard and Penny visit 1C, 2C 3C, 4C or 5C, when canvasing votes?

On that side that face the audience, I really don't think that there is a giant hole in the wall.

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

So where is the third apartment on each floor, and why didn't Leonard and Penny visit 1C, 2C 3C, 4C or 5C, when canvasing votes?

Because they didn't think it through... The building doesn't make sense architecturally

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bfm said:

Because they didn't think it through... The building doesn't make sense architecturally

Agree, all B apartments in the building has no ground support , because the entrance to the building is on the same side.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In episode 1 of season 2 when Leonard and Penny come back from their date, Howard's spy cam shows much of the wall that is the audience's POV . There doesn't appear to be any doors on the wall. Also since there are no apartments on the ground floor the building would need to be nine stories to have sixteen apartments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cereal Apist said:

Also since there are no apartments on the ground floor the building would need to be nine stories to have sixteen apartments.

I said 8 floors, by which I meant 1st floor through to 8th floor.

Here in the UK, we have a ground floor, and 1st floor, 2nd floor, etc.

Maybe I phrased it badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are only 5 floors in the building. The stairwell ends at the fifth floor at a door with a sign that says "roof access".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2018 at 3:09 PM, veejay said:

Perhaps this will bring new insights...

Sheldon-Leonard-and-Penny-Apartment-from-TBBT

l_157.gif.a70d34d08ea0df7dc806291821048891.gif

...maybe not.  :shy:

2311 N. Los Robles is obviously a TARDIS . I assume the controls were in the elevator shaft and when Leonard's rocket fuel exploded the Time-Lord (Sheldon) was stranded. Would explain Sheldon's obsession with DR. Who.🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.