Jump to content

2311 North Los Robles Avenue has 8 floors, with 2 apartments per floor.


Recommended Posts

For some time, I've been trying to figure out how many floors and apartments there are, in 2311 North Robles Avenue, and now I've finally figured it out.

I worked it out, using the following information.

1. There are 16 mailboxes.

2. There are at least 5 floors.

Based on the above there can't be 4 apartment per floor, and we know there are at least 2 per floor.

Three is also out of the question, so it must be 8 floors, with 2 apartments per floor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

For some time, I've been trying to figure out how many floors and apartments there are, in 2311 North Robles Avenue, and now I've finally figured it out.

I worked it out, using the following information.

1. There are 16 mailboxes.

2. There are at least 5 floors.

Based on the above there can't be 4 apartment per floor, and we know there are at least 2 per floor.

Three is also out of the question, so it must be 8 floors, with 2 apartments per floor.

Why not 5  floors with 3 apartments and one apartment on the ground floor.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

Why not 5  floors with 3 apartments and one apartment on the ground floor.

I've studied the ground floor in the various episodes (sad I know. ☹️), and there's only one door, and it has a name on it, rather than a number,  like all the other apartments, so I'm concluding it is some kind of office/storage/janitors room.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I've studied the ground floor in the various episodes (sad I know. ☹️), and there's only one door, and it has a name on it, rather than a number,  like all the other apartments, so I'm concluding it is some kind of office/storage/janitors room.

There are only 5 floors in the building, because in the episode about the tenants association where Lenny met several neighbours, one was the neighbour in 5B and in that scene we can see that the stairs doesn't go any higher than that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

So where is the third apartment on each floor, and why didn't Leonard and Penny visit 1C, 2C 3C, 4C or 5C, when canvasing votes?

On that side that face the audience, I really don't think that there is a giant hole in the wall.

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

So where is the third apartment on each floor, and why didn't Leonard and Penny visit 1C, 2C 3C, 4C or 5C, when canvasing votes?

Because they didn't think it through... The building doesn't make sense architecturally

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bfm said:

Because they didn't think it through... The building doesn't make sense architecturally

Agree, all B apartments in the building has no ground support , because the entrance to the building is on the same side.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In episode 1 of season 2 when Leonard and Penny come back from their date, Howard's spy cam shows much of the wall that is the audience's POV . There doesn't appear to be any doors on the wall. Also since there are no apartments on the ground floor the building would need to be nine stories to have sixteen apartments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cereal Apist said:

Also since there are no apartments on the ground floor the building would need to be nine stories to have sixteen apartments.

I said 8 floors, by which I meant 1st floor through to 8th floor.

Here in the UK, we have a ground floor, and 1st floor, 2nd floor, etc.

Maybe I phrased it badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2018 at 3:09 PM, veejay said:

Perhaps this will bring new insights...

Sheldon-Leonard-and-Penny-Apartment-from-TBBT

l_157.gif.a70d34d08ea0df7dc806291821048891.gif

...maybe not.  :shy:

2311 N. Los Robles is obviously a TARDIS . I assume the controls were in the elevator shaft and when Leonard's rocket fuel exploded the Time-Lord (Sheldon) was stranded. Would explain Sheldon's obsession with DR. Who.🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Have you ever considered that their could be mailboxes specifically for packages? Just a thought as I am now seriously intrigued by this. Also, we are actually told that even though Sheldon and Leonard's apartment is 4A actually their is only 3 flights of stairs, they also say that it goes: ground floor, 2,3,4. So this means that with only two on each floor their would only be 8 apartments meaning it would makes sense to have two mailboxes per apartment. This conclusion would make sense to me but would appreciate some other opinions.

However on closer inspection in season 1 episode 10: The Loobenfield Deficiency , the opening scene is Sheldon and Leonard in the hall. Leonard collects some mail and if you pause it at the right time you can actually see that the mailboxes say 1A,1B,1C,1D, this goes from floors 1-4. So this does actually tell us that their is 4 on each floor and 4 floors so their for there is 16 apartments but some how have 4 on each floor they just do not show it and the architecture of the whole building is flawed...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 4:22 PM, Evz-14 said:

Have you ever considered that their could be mailboxes specifically for packages? 

I might, if the mailboxes weren't the same size as the ones for the regular mail.  Not to mention it was shown a package for Penny, was left on the table just below the mailboxes.  

 

On 11/26/2019 at 4:22 PM, Evz-14 said:

However on closer inspection in season 1 episode 10: The Loobenfield Deficiency , the opening scene is Sheldon and Leonard in the hall. Leonard collects some mail and if you pause it at the right time you can actually see that the mailboxes say 1A,1B,1C,1D, this goes from floors 1-4. So this does actually tell us that their is 4 on each floor and 4 floors so their for there is 16 apartments but some how have 4 on each floor they just do not show it and the architecture of the whole building is flawed...

The other problem is that there is a fifth floor, referenced in at least two episodes.  The labels should have read 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D through 5D.  

And yeah, the whole thing is flawed   Penny's apartment (all of the 'A's for that matter) hang out over the street.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tensor said:

The other problem is that there is a fifth floor, referenced in at least two episodes.  The labels should have read 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D through 5D

I think they may have forgotten about the smaller inconsistencies with the building etc. as the show developed. In the later seasons I cannot see any scenes where you can see the details on the mail boxes so I don't think their is any way of truly finding out unless you tried challenging the set creators or possibly producers of when the show ran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.