The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

1206 'The Imitation Perturbation' (October 25)

12 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

First half was brilliant. Laughed my ass off. Opening scene gave everyone something to contribute. Howard as Sheldon had me in stitches the whole and loved Sheldon being clueless about it. Even loved the Shamy fight back as Howardette. But the reaction to the impersonations was whiny and laboured and the fallout and solution slowed the comedy down.

Loved the Lenny story. No problem with the contradictions and delays in revealing the truth of Penny’s statements. Been a long time since the show had portrayed Lenny “lusting” for each other. Tag was shoehorned in. Best laugh this season but still had flat spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on accurate!

• Like 1

Are Bert and Denise on a rotation system? Bert not needed and neither was Stuart if Denise didn’t come. Stunise would have made more sense since Stuart held the last Halloween party and has shown an interest in cosplay and dress up parties and Denise is clearly cut from the same cloth. Weird character choices for extras.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2
  • Leonard Cupid 1

7 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

Are Bert and Denise on a rotation system? Bert not needed and neither was Stuart if Denise didn’t come. Stunise would have made more sense since Stuart held the last Halloween party and has shown an interest in cosplay and dress up parties and Denise is clearly cut from the same cloth. Weird character choices for extras.

The actress simply may not have been available that week. 

• Like 1

truly great episode with one flaw, denise seem to be dissapeared

p.s. that helium joke was awesome 😀

Edited by margarete
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

I mean all Howard did was imitate Sheldon

What about all the things Howard has done in the past?

Remember, it was Howard who started it, way back when they first met, and he recently sent them on a non-existent Treasure Hunt.

17 hours ago, vasu said:

imagine the horror if Bernie made fun of Amy's bodily attributes.

She did once make a really nasty attack on Amy's appearance and attractiveness.

• Like 2

I didn't think Amy could be any sexier, but I was wrong.

ETA: Not sure what the Confused Emoji is for.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

I didn't think Amy could be any sexier, but I was wrong.

ETA: Not sure what the Confused Emoji is for.

The heart loves what the heart loves...

I think it is nice you love Mayim/Amy so much!

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 11:24 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

he recently sent them on a non-existent Treasure Hunt.

Howard did not send them on a treasure hunt. Raj gave Howard/Bernadette a present they didn't like. They gave the unwanted present Lenny who in turn gave it to Shamy. Not knowing what it was and not asking Lenny what the present was, They did what Leonard always does an over thought the situation. Shamy thought it was a" treasure hunt" that was never the intention of the gift givers! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Howard did not send them on a treasure hunt.

Sheldon asked Howard if it was a clue to a Treasure Hunt, and he implied it was, when he knew full well it wasn't.

3 hours ago, Sah said:

I think it is nice you love Mayim/Amy so much!

They're the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

• Like 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

17 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

She pales in comparison with Kaley and Melissa.

17 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Sheldon asked Howard if it was a clue to a Treasure Hunt, and he implied it was, when he knew full well it wasn't.

Howard was being sarcastic and as usual Sheldon didn't or couldn't understand sarcasm unless someone shows him a sign with sarcasm written on it ala Leonard in Episode 1/2!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chucky said:

She pales in comparison with Kaley and Melissa.

Totally disagree.

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Howard was being sarcastic

I don't think Howard was being sarcastic at all.

I think he was being malicious, and playing on Sheldon's gullibility, just as Leonard did when he sent Sheldon to the wrong Hotel, to meet Bill Gates.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Totally disagree.

I find that I am in disagreement with you again. That's cool, life would be boring if everyone agreed on every issue. Have a nice day .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

She's done some lovely photo shoots. The one she did in Israel a couple of years ago was amazing.

• Like 4

On 10/26/2018 at 7:59 PM, chucky said:

Spot on accurate!

Thought this was the best episode so far this season.  When Bernadette told Amy that Sheldon can dish it out and should be able to take it and would not apologize, I don't feel she was completely wrong.  Sheldon has belittled Howard many, many times even if he does not understand what he is saying is inappropriate. I think by now he should get the sarcasm and jokes instead of acting like a petulant child whose feelings were hurt. And like that petulant child seek revenge towards a friend.  These guys have been friends supposedly for over 15 years and they bust on each other. That is what true friends do. It is not done maliciously just as a goof.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2018 at 5:13 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't think Howard was being sarcastic at all.

Your opinion. Mine's different.

48 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Thought this was the best episode so far this season.  When Bernadette told Amy that Sheldon can dish it out and should be able to take it and would not apologize, I don't feel she was completely wrong.  Sheldon has belittled Howard many, many times even if he does not understand what he is saying is inappropriate. I think by now he should get the sarcasm and jokes instead of acting like a petulant child whose feelings were hurt. And like that petulant child seek revenge towards a friend.  These guys have been friends supposedly for over 15 years and they bust on each other. That is what true friends do. It is not done maliciously just as a goof.

The crux of the episode is though that Bernadette is kind of the same - she was so eager to dish it out and stick it to Sheldon but couldn't take the revenge. That's the point of it all, hence the Sheldon/Bernie scene in the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, April said:

The crux of the episode is though that Bernadette is kind of the same - she was so eager to dish it out and stick it to Sheldon but couldn't take the revenge. That's the point of it all, hence the Sheldon/Bernie scene in the end.

It's true Bernie was not completely right in this instance, but the point I was trying to make was that everyone gives Sheldon a pass when he insults or talks down to them and once in awhile he should take it as well. Even Amy half-heartedly agreed about his condescencion.  Maybe Bernie should have apologized but then there would not have been any story.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

It's true Bernie was not completely right in this instance, but the point I was trying to make was that everyone gives Sheldon a pass when he insults or talks down to them and once in awhile he should take it as well. Even Amy half-heartedly agreed about his condescencion.  Maybe Bernie should have apologized but then there would not have been any story.

I wouldn't agree that everyone is giving him a pass cause this behaviour of his is the source of conflict in soooo many plots in this show.

And it's not so much that Bernie was completely wrong but it's one of those things that's easier said than done. She herself is one of those characters that is painted as someone who is mean and manipulative (and unlike Sheldon she's completely aware of what she's doing in such situations) so of course in the end she'll have to eat her own words.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, April said:

She herself is one of those characters that is painted as someone who is mean and manipulative.

A few instances that come to mind:-

Trying to sabotage Barbara Chen's career, by spreading the rumour that she was pregnant. 

Using Sheldon's desire to meet Stephen Hawking, to make him replace her, taking Mrs. Wolowitz clothes shopping.

Tricking Sheldon into doing her housework.

Throwing Penny under the bus, in regard to Amy's Wedding Dress.

3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Sheldon has belittled Howard many, many times

Howard started it, way back when they first met.

• Like 1

I really didn't need to see the Howard dressed as Sheldon discussion past the cafeteria. I think the storyline besides Lenny should of been about Raj and Anu considering she was meeting the guys for the first time.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, April said:

l liked that scene, when  they were trying to find some common ground.

• Like 2

Finnally got around to watching this episode. I dont agree it should of just been about Raj and Anu. IT is an ensemble comedy. Focus should be mainly on the Primary Characters. I Thought it was the best episode of the season. Not as good as The Holigraphic Excitation. But it was really fun. The first half of Howard dressed up as Sheldon was hilarous. IT was funny, as it is rare Sheldon gets his own back. I dont think he was in any position to pout. Like Bernadette said. He has been mocking Howard for years. If you cant take it, dont dish it out. I felt Amy was a bit of a doormat in this one. She can be a bit like that sometimes when it comes to Sheldon. I really did like the SW Dialogue though. And Sheldon and Bernadette finding some common ground. Alot of the references were really old school Big Bang. 

Leonard and Penny were awesome. I loved them in this one. TBH this is the first time i have seen Penny long for Leonard, and desire him since S6 The Holographic Excitation. And I Got vibes of Lime Kiss too. Personally it makes sense Penny does not want to remember The Middle Earth Kiss as their first kiss. Because re watching it. Shes right Kurt was still involved some what (Although Penny did say 'I was still with Kurt". They were broken up technically at that time. But I guess he still had some kinda power over her). She was drunk. And feeling really bad for herself. Leonard even pointed this out. Where as Leonards Birthday was more memorable in a sense. It was all about Leonard. And her kissing Leonard. Was not based on any false pretenses. On every lvl she wanted to kiss him. I got the felt bad thing too. She felt bad, he diddnt get his bday. IT was great too see them kiss about 3 times in this episode too. Rare. I LOVED the Halloween reference at the end too. That music is just so iconic. I gave the episode a good in the poll. 

• Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Finnally got around to watching this episode. I dont agree it should of just been about Raj and Anu. IT is an ensemble comedy. Focus should be mainly on the Primary Characters.

Isn't Raj a primary character?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Isn't Raj a primary character?

Yes, he is, but easily the most expendable!

• Run to India 1