The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tripper

1207 'The Grant Allocation Derivation' (November 1)

7 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Well this was a decent episode nothing great ( Still waiting for the greastest season ever to start). It was good to see President Siebert again and of course Kripke. The Leonard plot was good , him being decisive was good to see and Penny finding it sexy is believable as she has said in the past she likes it when he is more sure of himself. Although her reaction in the apartment did feel abit odd , but the way she was talking about him to Bernadette was believable. The Bernadette plot was understandable but was ruined by the way it was delivered and by including Penny then Amy into it as well. I don't even know why Penny wanted to hide from Leonard , i get him going from decisive to worried didn't do it for her , but to go and and hide on him felt wrong. When Bernadette asked Penny had she ever told Leonard a little white lie, i was actually expecting her to say something to put him down in some way. So i was surprised when all she did was admit that she that she hasn't seen all the Star Wars movies. Also when Bernadette told Penny what she was doing , Penny said it made strange and a little sad, yet ended up doing the same thing. Oh and i was surprised when Leonard mentioned that Penny asked him to go to Coachella , i'm wondering if they did go as he did mention heatstroke .

I’m confused though. When was it established this would be the best season ever? Just because it’s the final season. Doesent mean the writers are suddenly going back to 2009. 

5 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Almost, but not quite there!

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I’m confused though. When was it established this would be the best season ever? Just because it’s the final season. Doesn't mean the writers are suddenly going back to 2009. 

True, all I heard was they were going out with a bang. The last two episodes are a nice start. I'm hoping it doesn't fizzle out the rest of the way!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Chrismo said:

What are the qualifications to review TV shows? She complained it was too light on the Sheldon storyline? What should be my response?

Probably that she's as entitled to her opinion as much as anyone else is?

Besides, I agree with Kimberly on this part:
With several worthy projects in competition, and Siebert confirming the project was one he offloaded to Leonard in order to avoid making an unpopular decision himself, it’s only a bit of advice from Sheldon that finally clarifies for Leonard what he should do.

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Probably that she's as entitled to her opinion as much as anyone else is?

Besides, I agree with Kimberly on this part:
With several worthy projects in competition, and Siebert confirming the project was one he offloaded to Leonard in order to avoid making an unpopular decision himself, it’s only a bit of advice from Sheldon that finally clarifies for Leonard what he should do.

Kimberly I didn’t have a big problem with. Jessica IMO is clueless. The thing is she gets interviews with the cast and in exchange never really asks any tough questions. 

13 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Kimberly I didn’t have a big problem with. Jessica IMO is clueless. The thing is she gets interviews with the cast and in exchange never really asks any tough questions. 

Affirmative!

4 hours ago, Chrismo said:

While I find myself at odds with her opinion many times, I disagree about the tough questions. I think she is the interviewer that asks them the most serious and to the point questions. She was the one who surprised them by asking, close to the end of season 10, if Lenny were in trouble (or something to that effect). They seemed clueless about the seriously negative vibe they were giving.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bfm said:

While I find myself at odds with her opinion many times, I disagree about the tough questions. I think she is the interviewer that asks them the most serious and to the point questions. She was the one who surprised them by asking, close to the end of season 10, if Lenny were in trouble (or something to that effect). They seemed clueless about the seriously negative vibe they were giving.

interesting

On 11/2/2018 at 11:25 AM, Chrismo said:

What are the qualifications to review TV shows? She complained it was too light on the Sheldon storyline? What should be my response?

Not everyone hates Sheldon. He has a lot of fans and is ok for her to want more Sheldon in this episode. Contrary to popular belief on this forum it is ok to enjoy the Sheldon character. Would you complain if she said it was Leonard light? Or just because someone enjoys another character more then Leonard? Like it or not Sheldon is a strong, stand out character on the show. He isn't going to be a simple background character as much as you want him to be. 

• Like 4
  • Koala Face 1

Not everyone hates Sheldon. He has a lot of fans and is ok for her to want more Sheldon in this episode. Contrary to popular belief on this forum it is ok to enjoy the Sheldon character. Would you complain if she said it was Leonard light? Or just because someone enjoys another character more then Leonard? Like it or not Sheldon is a strong, stand out character on the show. He isn't going to be a simple background character as much as you want him to be. 
My friends seem to think if tptb concentrated more on all the characters and less on sheldon the program would be funny again again jmo

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Some people complain merely because he is in an episode...even if it is a light Sheldon episode. They complain just to complain about him. Gets old after awhile.

I wouldn't complain about Leonard on a daily basis or complain about why someone likes him over another character.

All of these characters have fans. To each their own...

Just my opinion.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, legacy99 said:

My friends seem to think if tptb concentrated more on all the characters and less on sheldon the program would be funny again again jmo

Friendships are very self-selecting and not representative of the viewing population, as a whole.

Though it's nice your friends and you agree on this topic.

Edited by Capt. Hilts
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I whole heartedly agree! More ensemble episodes trump single character episodes completely!

On 11/3/2018 at 10:11 AM, Chrismo said:

Love Jessica!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I hate her

Because she doesn't hate Sheldon and Amy? I think she does great interviews. I love her Instagram pics. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sah said:

Because she doesn't hate Sheldon and Amy? I think she does great interviews. I love her Instagram pics. 

Because she generally hates Penny and Leonard. Her episode review of this one proved that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Because she generally hates Penny and Leonard. Her episode review of this one proved that.

I will re-read it. I might have missed something...

Rewievers may have more background on media, cinema, etc., but at the end of the day they are people who express their opinions aa we do in our posts. One may agree or disagree with them, that doesn't necessarily* makes them bad at their job.

*If the disagreement stems from some mistake regarding the content then that does mean the reviewer did not do their job well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

Rewievers may have more background on media, cinema, etc., but at the end of the day they are people who express their opinions aa we do in our posts. One may agree or disagree with them, that doesn't necessarily* makes them bad at their job.

*If the disagreement stems from some mistake regarding the content then that does mean the reviewer did not do their job well.

She basically admitted she didn't pay attention to the Leonard Storyline.

15 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

She basically admitted she didn't pay attention to the Leonard Storyline.

I saw that as a way of saying "the Leonard storyline wasn't interesting to me". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bfm said:

I saw that as a way of saying "the Leonard storyline wasn't interesting to me". 

Its a 20 minute show and isn't the idea to pay attention? She claims she understood how Bernadette felt. How?

Its a 20 minute show and isn't the idea to pay attention? She claims she understood how Bernadette felt. How?
Isn't she paid to review the whole program not just what she's interested in

• Like 3

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

Isn't she paid to review the whole program not just what she's interested in

I don't think they have such strict definitions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

She watched that part...

I loved the Bernadette stuff with with girls. I loved Howie giving her some needed alone time. This was the highlight of the episode for me. 

The Leonard stuff was ok. I was more excited to see Kripke back. I wonder if that will be his last episode?

The Pigeon lady was really funny. 

• Like 2