What was the first episode of the BBT that you watch?

I am a late comer to this TV series. The first episode I watched was the "White Asparagus Triangulation". Just as CBS (or Channel 9 in Australia) wanted it, I tuned in just by dumb luck, after watching an episode of "Two and a Half Men". The opening sequence of a chap (Sheldon) trying street-talk, including "wha-up!", and "peace-out!" got me laughing, and made me want to keep watching. I wasn't disappointed - with Sheldon butting into Leonard's date with Stephanie, Sheldon making noises in the cinema as he seeks the "acoustic sweet spot", and asking Penny where she was in her period (that one made me cringe!!). The references to Star Trek and Superman (Kal-El) really made this a fantastic episode. I don't think this is a popular episode with most fans, but it was the first one I watched - it is still very funny to me, and is a sentimental favourite. From then on, I was hooked.

Which was the first episode that Forum members watched?

I think it was the one where Raj and Howard go goth, the one Sheldon tries to housebreak Penny...

I watched the whole series (up to that point) all in the weekend after that episode...

Same here, heard about it and liked the idea and downloaded the pilot, now I'm an addict.

I've seen all eps some twice and some 3-4 times...

I understand you completely. For the first time in my life I decided to buy the original DVDs (usually I just download movies/shows using torrents, don't want to spend money), but this I have to have in it's original form, and I have to have it all :D.

Same here, heard about it and liked the idea and downloaded the pilot, now I'm an addict.

I've seen all eps some twice and some 3-4 times...

I understand you completely. For the first time in my life I decided to buy the original DVDs (usually I just download movies/shows using torrents, don't want to spend money), but this I have to have in it's original form, and I have to have 'em all :D.

Yeah, BBT is kinda like Pokemons in that way!

LoL

I started with the pilot. after seeing kaley on "charmed" i looked up what else she had done and found bbt. i watched the pilot on youtube and was immediately hooked. i downloaded season 1 and loved it. now i download the current season and as soon as they become available i order the dvds.

I'm sure why but I seem to have missed it up till the start of season 2 at the time channel 4 never seemed to push the show but I got season 1 on DVD almost at once and have never looked back as they say

I watched my first episode when season 2 was on.

I thought it was so terrible I changed the channel immediately...

The show started just with the way they leonard and Sheldon talk.

There was a Family guy episode where they made reference to the show, and even still I didn't understand why it was popular.

So when Season 3 was on air I decided the watch it on tv again just to bug my wife. Thinking the show would annoy her (it did) but slowly I grew a passion and when I got to really learn the characters and why they talked the way they did I just couldn't get enough. Next step Season 1 dvd ><

and beyond.

The pilot, its always better to start from the beginning. Many shows that I don't see it's because I missed the first episodes or even the first season so "lost" and "heroes" passed out for me because of that, but to be honest I started to watch it because 1.- I saw Kaley in a preview (wow!) then 2.- heard about geeks and the persuit for Kaley and I thought: "now that's something worth watching hahaha".

I saw my first on an airplane. I was used to airplane TV shows sucking but I was bored so I tuned in. It was the Halo episode. I was sitting there, wearing my Halo 3 T-Shirt. It was love at first sight. I watched the whole thing and told anyone who'd listen about the show. I've gotten my mom, my brother, my uncle, my cousins, and even some of my friends into the show. I can't imagine a world without it.

If I'm not mistaken, The Wheaton Recurrence was my first episode. Looking back on it, I could tell why when I saw it, I was confused and intrigued at the same time. :p

Other than that, I also remember that the person who recommended the show to me is the only person who watches the know that I know. :p