The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gillani

Young Leonerd

I move to suggest that as Young Sheldon is a great idea to portray the past of Sheldon Cooper and it touches the horizons; why not Young LeoNERD should be started being persecuted by his mom's psychological practice.

Leonard is my favorite on TBBT, but a Young Leonard show would be a tragedy. He had a terrible childhood, he was mentally abused by his mother, his father was never around and his brothers and peers bullied him. They changed some things to make Sheldon's childhood a family comedy, but I don't think Leonard's is "redeemable".

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bfm said:

Leonard is my favorite on TBBT, but a Young Leonard show would be a tragedy. He had a terrible childhood, he was mentally abused by his mother, his father was never around and his brothers and peers bullied him. They changed some things to make Sheldon's childhood a family comedy, but I don't think Leonard's is "redeemable".

As Mrs. Hofstradter tells about his childhood I mean; his bedwetting, competition with his other siblings and  other events in the past may make a funny and comedy story. 

I’d like you to redeem your proposal in this context.

regards

Edited by Gillani
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

3 hours ago, Gillani said:

As Mrs. Hofstradter tells about his childhood I mean; his bedwetting, competition with his other siblings and  other events in the past may make a funny and comedy story. 

I’d like you to redeem your proposal in this context.

regards

With the way he has been treated, these are relatively minor consequnces compared to what could have been. I see these as the effects of abuse on a poor child, so I don't find it funny. What do you mean by redeem my poposal? This is my opinion and what you wrote doesn't change it. It's okay to disagree.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

I see the appeal. Theirs alot their to explore, character wise. But alot of Bevs abuse of Leonard is funny. Because it works from a comedy sense. And the fact Leonards an adult. But abuse when he was a child is not that particularly funny. Not sure I Want too see Leonards terrible childhood. Changed enough cannon with YS. Would I watch a Young Leonard pilot? Yeah I would be intrigued. But not pro it.

First, it speaks poorly to 'Young Sheldon's' success , that another spinoff is discussed on a forum about 'Young Sheldon'. It's like making vegan chicken and rice. Perhaps in this particular time line/universe 'Old Sheldon' ceases to exist due to 'Young Sheldon's' cancellation. I would like to see either a prequel, or sequel, of all the characters. Situation and character chaos breeds the best humor. If situations and characters are all 'homeostatic' , then comedy nuggets are harder to excavate. Child abuse is never funny. Giving Jimmy Speckerman his own show would be 'improbable'. Perhaps, the episodes can show how Leonard survived, and flourished. Perhaps Leonard got back a Jimmy Speckerman in ways yet revealed, such as:  Sheldon's Panty Pinata, or foamy vengeance against Kripki. Although,  testicular stapling should be left to the professionals, such as Steve O.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/30/2018 at 5:20 AM, Gillani said:

I move to suggest that as Young Sheldon is a great idea to portray the past of Sheldon Cooper and it touches the horizons; why not Young LeoNERD should be started being persecuted by his mom's psychological practice.

WHAT? Are you being serious or just trying to be funny? A show like the one you suggest is definitely not funny, IMHO!

Edited by chucky

4 hours ago, chucky said:

WHAT? Are you being serious or just trying to be funny? A show like the one you suggest is definitely not funny, IMHO!

Agreed now I realised that young Leonard is a bad idea.

I don’t try to be funny but I thought as young sheldon became a hit searial likewise YL could also be. But I didn’t keep  the abuse aspect in mind. 

Good day

Edited by Gillani
  • Like 1

It would depend very much on the premise. What Leonard remembers does not make for comedy. As it is, Young Sheldon doesn't contain much to laugh at. Not for me, anyway.  It contains much that contradicts - or throws a different light on - what Sheldon as an adult chooses to remember, or at least to relate. That's why I watch it. Could they make a series about Leonard's childhood that leaves out the remembered abuse ? I doubt it. There's no shining a different light on no birthdays, only dissertations for Santa and no hugs from Mummy. They would have to be very creative indeed to overcome that.  

13 hours ago, joyceraye said:

It would depend very much on the premise. What Leonard remembers does not make for comedy. As it is, Young Sheldon doesn't contain much to laugh at. Not for me, anyway.  It contains much that contradicts - or throws a different light on - what Sheldon as an adult chooses to remember, or at least to relate. That's why I watch it. Could they make a series about Leonard's childhood that leaves out the remembered abuse ? I doubt it. There's no shining a different light on no birthdays, only dissertations for Santa and no hugs from Mummy. They would have to be very creative indeed to overcome that.  

True, not to mention his only school memories are of being bullied!