The Big Bang Theory Forums
Gillani

Young Leonerd

I move to suggest that as Young Sheldon is a great idea to portray the past of Sheldon Cooper and it touches the horizons; why not Young LeoNERD should be started being persecuted by his mom's psychological practice.

Leonard is my favorite on TBBT, but a Young Leonard show would be a tragedy. He had a terrible childhood, he was mentally abused by his mother, his father was never around and his brothers and peers bullied him. They changed some things to make Sheldon's childhood a family comedy, but I don't think Leonard's is "redeemable".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bfm said:

Leonard is my favorite on TBBT, but a Young Leonard show would be a tragedy. He had a terrible childhood, he was mentally abused by his mother, his father was never around and his brothers and peers bullied him. They changed some things to make Sheldon's childhood a family comedy, but I don't think Leonard's is "redeemable".

As Mrs. Hofstradter tells about his childhood I mean; his bedwetting, competition with his other siblings and  other events in the past may make a funny and comedy story. 

I’d like you to redeem your proposal in this context.

regards

Edited by Gillani

I don’t see abuse as anything funny, so it’s a no from me also. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gillani said:

As Mrs. Hofstradter tells about his childhood I mean; his bedwetting, competition with his other siblings and  other events in the past may make a funny and comedy story. 

I’d like you to redeem your proposal in this context.

regards

With the way he has been treated, these are relatively minor consequnces compared to what could have been. I see these as the effects of abuse on a poor child, so I don't find it funny. What do you mean by redeem my poposal? This is my opinion and what you wrote doesn't change it. It's okay to disagree.

I see the appeal. Theirs alot their to explore, character wise. But alot of Bevs abuse of Leonard is funny. Because it works from a comedy sense. And the fact Leonards an adult. But abuse when he was a child is not that particularly funny. Not sure I Want too see Leonards terrible childhood. Changed enough cannon with YS. Would I watch a Young Leonard pilot? Yeah I would be intrigued. But not pro it.