The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tripper

1209 'The Citation Negation' (November 15)

10 hours ago, HeWolf said:

The killing off of Shamy's super asymmetry idea seemed overly simplistic. One obscure paper from 40 years ago would not be sufficient to disprove their theory. While it is conceivable for Sheldon to react like a big baby over a contrary professional opinion, it is less believable from Amy. Just feel this was poorly conceived, written, and played out.

Yes. It is only a sitcom and there has to be some suspension of disbelief, but world class scientists would KNOW this and look for corroboration or further evidence before throwing the towel in.

The show is coming to an end and each episode seems to be intent on confirming this - probably a real pity that the team knew this before writing and producing all but the first two episodes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, The Lash said:

Yes. It is only a sitcom and there has to be some suspension of disbelief, but world class scientists would KNOW this and look for corroboration or further evidence before throwing the towel in.

The show is coming to an end and each episode seems to be intent on confirming this - probably a real pity that the team knew this before writing and producing all but the first two episodes.

Interesting concept!

Just watched it, i did not mind it tbh. I agree the plot was a tad over simplistic. They diddnt seem to put much effort into the plot. I guess you could argue if their theory has already been disprooven. Even by a Russian Physicist. 40 years ago. That would be enough for Shamy to accept their hard work is all for nothing. But than again I was not expecting Sheldon to give up that easy. TBF though Amy initially did not overeact, until Sheldon forced it out of her. But As World Class Physicists, they must know one disprooven citation from 40 years ago shouldent be enough to deteer them. But I just think TPTB, wanted to kill of this plot. In the most quick and simplistic way as possible. I thought it was a case of the strength of the acting carrying the writing. I Thought Johnny was excellent, as was Jim and Mayim. I Did kinda feel sorry for Sheldon TBH. But I am glad plots done, so its not a long recurring thing through out the season. Other parts

• I loved Penny shooting Bernie. Bit of a callback to Season 1 The Dumpling Paradox
  • I found it funny when Leonard was aganozing to Walk into 4B. And Penny was spying on him. Got a sense. Huh that is what he used to do for knocking on my door

I feel like the show is less about nerds now. And more about Young Student Professionals. And yeah Pennys wearing alot of black. But she looks so sexy in black 😍.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2018 at 6:13 PM, 3ku11 said:

But she looks so sexy in black 

As well as denim, sweats and everything else she puts on! Any color and fabric looks good on her!

• Like 2

On 11/22/2018 at 6:13 PM, 3ku11 said:

But she looks so sexy in black 😍.

I don't like her in black at all. I like her better in patterns.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't like her in black at all. I like her better in patterns.

Sorry to disagree again. She looks great in all colors and fabrics.

On 11/16/2018 at 9:43 PM, chucky said:

She is the only woman chasing after Sheldon, well, except for Ramona.

What about Martha and Vanessa Bennett?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

What about Martha and Vanessa Bennett?

Oh my god, three women.That's a harem!

4 minutes ago, chucky said:

Oh my god, three women.That's a harem!

They certainly had an appreciation of Sheldon from the little they knew of him. Whether they'd have kept  it up with the patience of Amy is another matter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

They certainly had an appreciation of Sheldon from the little they knew of him. Whether they'd have kept  it up with the patience of Amy is another matter.

Sheldon had no interest or patience for the last two. Ramona, he had patience in the beginning. That changed fast when she wanted to share credit for his paper!

Edited by chucky

7 hours ago, chucky said:

That changed fast when she wanted to share credit for his paper!

Not to mention keeping him from Paint-balling and Halo Night.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Not to mention keeping him from Paint-balling and Halo Night.

Yep. Ramona curtailed all his fun!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chucky said:

Yep. Ramona curtailed all his fun!

I think Amy's also done quite a bit of curtailing, but I don't think he's quite so bothered about it with Amy.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I think Amy's also done quite a bit of curtailing, but I don't think he's quite so bothered about it with Amy.

Yeah, he's happy with Amy, so he let's most things slide,

• Like 1

I thought this ep was as bad  as Leonard's hair, which looked like a really unconvincing wig.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

I thought this ep was as bad  as Leonard's hair, which looked like a really unconvincing wig.

I have to agree that it's bad, but with some giggles.

• Like 1

Given the premise that the absurd "Super-Asymmetry" Shamy have cooked up gets knocked on the head, it was very badly done. Instead of L doing their s**work (why would he?) and telling them privately, it would have been much better if they'd announced their theory at a seminar at Caltech where Kripke, already aware of the Russian paper, publicly demolished them (which they deserve for not doing a proper literature search beforehand, as well as for being who they are). They could have been so discredited that even Bert wouldn't speak to Amy. This storyline shows how Sheldon has been softened to nothing: classic Sheldon, as soon as the theory was debunked, would have blamed Amy for it, with sarcastic remarks about a life-scientist trying to do physics. Totally unfair, of course, but what's the point of a fair Sheldon?

13 hours ago, chucky said:

I have to agree that it's bad, but with some giggles.

The ep, or L's hair?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Given the premise that the absurd "Super-Asymmetry" Shamy have cooked up gets knocked on the head, it was very badly done. Instead of L doing their s**work (why would he?) and telling them privately, it would have been much better if they'd announced their theory at a seminar at Caltech where Kripke, already aware of the Russian paper, publicly demolished them (which they deserve for not doing a proper literature search beforehand, as well as for being who they are). They could have been so discredited that even Bert wouldn't speak to Amy. This storyline shows how Sheldon has been softened to nothing: classic Sheldon, as soon as the theory was debunked, would have blamed Amy for it, with sarcastic remarks about a life-scientist trying to do physics. Totally unfair, of course, but what's the point of a fair Sheldon?

The ep, or L's hair?

Both, actually. I said giggles not laughs! Loved Penny's reaction to L's indecision in telling Shamy the bad news!

24 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Sheldon's been wrong about science matters before.

Sheldon has been wrong about many things, mostly about when to keep his mouth shut!

On 11/23/2018 at 12:13 AM, 3ku11 said:

Pennys wearing alot of black. But she looks so sexy in black 😍.

Another good reason why certain characters should be killed off. I think we first saw Penny looking irresistable in black at Professor Proton's funeral.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnPhD said:

Another good reason why certain characters should be killed off. I think we first saw Penny looking irresistable in black at Professor Proton's funeral.

No, there was that time the guys played D & D while Raj and the girls went on girls night. She wore that little black number that got her out of 2 speeding tickets and jury duty!!

Edited by chucky

8 hours ago, chucky said:

No, there was that time the guys played D & D while Raj and the girls went on girls night. She wore that little black number that got her out of 2 speeding tickets and jury duty!!

Well, I was thinking of of the more restrained, elegant appeal of Penny in more formal black clothes. But now you mention it, Penny wore one of her most sensational little black dresses to the memorial meeting for Professor Tupperman, whose death created a tenured vacancy. So either way, more deaths please.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JohnPhD said:

Well, I was thinking of of the more restrained, elegant appeal of Penny in more formal black clothes. But now you mention it, Penny wore one of her most sensational little black dresses to the memorial meeting for Professor Tupperman, whose death created a tenured vacancy. So either way, more deaths please.

It don't have to be a black dress. Red, blue, green, pink or white will do as well!