Jump to content

Looking for a scene in an episode


joeybrooks3232@gmail.com
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NeckShotLime said:

Think it's from the episode "Fuzzy Boots Corollary" in season 1. Leonard is feeling down because the " earth didn't move" after he kissed Leslie and Howard says "well, as usual, Wolowitz has the solution" and they go to a salsa class 

Leonard was lucky that the Earth didn't move. He might have gotten stuck with Leslie. Loved her "Doctor Dumbass" nickname for Sheldon. 

Edited by chucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, chucky said:

Leonard was lucky that the Earth didn't move. He might have gotten stuck with Leslie. Loved her Doctor Dumbass nickname for Sheldon. 

I love Leslie , too bad we didn't get to see her much . I thought she was a very believable scientist , much more than Bernie imo. 

" There are no wrong equations on my board" is one of my favourite lines 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, NeckShotLime said:

I love Leslie , too bad we didn't get to see her much . I thought she was a very believable scientist , much more than Bernie imo. 

" There are no wrong equations on my board" is one of my favourite lines 🤣

I liked Leslie. She just dogged the male scientists. I would say she's basically a female version of Sheldon. But, that was Beverly. Loved her putting Sheldon in his place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 5/5/2022 at 1:17 PM, TLW said:

I saw a scene on Youtube that was part of a music video for The Big Bang Theory. There was this scene that I've never caught in any of the episodes I've watched. The four guys are standing in a line and are learning or practicing a dance move.

 

On 5/5/2022 at 2:43 PM, NeckShotLime said:

Think it's from the episode "Fuzzy Boots Corollary" in season 1. Leonard is feeling down because the " earth didn't move" after he kissed Leslie and Howard says "well, as usual, Wolowitz has the solution" and they go to a salsa class 

I just watched this episode recently on the TBS network and it was not the one with the 4 guys learning to dance (unless it had been cut out). It was in fact, the one where Leonard takes Penny out to dinner and shows her the olive spinning in the glass trick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TLW said:

 

I just watched this episode recently on the TBS network and it was not the one with the 4 guys learning to dance (unless it had been cut out). It was in fact, the one where Leonard takes Penny out to dinner and shows her the olive spinning in the glass trick.

I've just checked the episode on Netflix and we definitely see the guys dancing . Next scene is Leonard entering the apartment " singing" , then Sheldon pointing out that Penny didn't reject Leonard, he didn't ask her out etc... So it's definitely been cut! 

tbbtdancing.png

Edited by NeckShotLime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NeckShotLime said:

I've just checked the episode on Netflix and we definitely see the guys dancing . Next scene is Leonard entering the apartment " singing" , then Sheldon pointing out that Penny didn't reject Leonard, he didn't ask her out etc... So it's definitely been cut! 

tbbtdancing.png

I don't remember that scene. So it was probably cut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NeckShotLime said:

I've just checked the episode on Netflix and we definitely see the guys dancing . Next scene is Leonard entering the apartment " singing" , then Sheldon pointing out that Penny didn't reject Leonard, he didn't ask her out etc... So it's definitely been cut! 

tbbtdancing.png

Cut to make room for more commercials. Whenever the pilot episode is shown on TBS, the initial scene at the high IQ sperm bank is always cut out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TLW said:

Cut to make room for more commercials. Whenever the pilot episode is shown on TBS, the initial scene at the high IQ sperm bank is always cut out.

Probably an accurate assessment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2022 at 9:46 AM, TLW said:

Cut to make room for more commercials. Whenever the pilot episode is shown on TBS, the initial scene at the high IQ sperm bank is always cut out.

It very understandable.  The  pilot, as shown to execs and test audiences, ran 32 minutes.  When it was first broadcast, it was cut down to 25 minutes, which is still a bit high when they strip a show.  To TBS' credit, they didn't start cutting bits and pieces of scenes until after the show ended it run on CBS.   Our local channel has been cutting those bits and pieces since about season 7-8.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tensor said:

It very understandable.  The  pilot, as shown to execs and test audiences, ran 32 minutes.  When it was first broadcast, it was cut down to 25 minutes, which is still a bit high when they strip a show.  To TBS' credit, they didn't start cutting bits and pieces of scenes until after the show ended it run on CBS.   Our local channel has been cutting those bits and pieces since about season 7-8.  

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
On 11/27/2022 at 9:24 PM, TLW said:

Is there a scene in any episode where it is stated that Leonard's brother Michael is younger than him? I think I recall that, but I'm not sure which episode.

Season 2, episode 15, The Maternal Capacitance.   This is Beverly's first time on the show.  The scene is in the school cafeteria, Leonard brought his mother to show her his lab and work, the four guys are Beverly are sitting at a table in the cafeteria and the dialogue is:

Howard: So, Dr. Hofstadter, Leonard rarely talks about his incredibly successful brother and sister.

Leonard: Please, don’t go there, Howard.

Howard: I understand that unlike Leonard, they’re at the top of their respective fields.

Leonard: Boy, you suck.

Beverley: Well, Leonard’s younger brother, Michael, is a tenured law professor at Harvard, and his sister just successfully grew a human pancreas in an adolescent gibbon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Season 2, episode 15, The Maternal Capacitance.   This is Beverly's first time on the show.  The scene is in the school cafeteria, Leonard brought his mother to show her his lab and work, the four guys are Beverly are sitting at a table in the cafeteria and the dialogue is:

Howard: So, Dr. Hofstadter, Leonard rarely talks about his incredibly successful brother and sister.

Leonard: Please, don’t go there, Howard.

Howard: I understand that unlike Leonard, they’re at the top of their respective fields.

Leonard: Boy, you suck.

Beverley: Well, Leonard’s younger brother, Michael, is a tenured law professor at Harvard, and his sister just successfully grew a human pancreas in an adolescent gibbon.

 

Thanks for clearing that up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Was there ever a scene where it was said that Sheldon had a restraining order from Patrick Stewart? Because I thought I remembered that. I know he had ones from Leonard Nimoy, Stan Lee and Bill Nye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, TLW said:

Was there ever a scene where it was said that Sheldon had a restraining order from Patrick Stewart? Because I thought I remembered that. I know he had ones from Leonard Nimoy, Stan Lee and Bill Nye.

he also got one from Carl Sagan and Zackary Quinto but not from Patrick Stewart as far as i remember

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NeckShotLime said:

he also got one from Carl Sagan and Zackary Quinto but not from Patrick Stewart as far as i remember

Okay. Maybe I'm recalling something I read in a fanfiction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2022 at 11:05 AM, TLW said:

Was there ever a scene where it was said that Sheldon had a restraining order from Patrick Stewart? Because I thought I remembered that. I know he had ones from Leonard Nimoy, Stan Lee and Bill Nye.

No, as far as I know he never had a restraining order from Patrick Stewart. I don't think he had one from Bill Nye. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chucky said:

No, as far as I know he never had a restraining order from Patrick Stewart. I don't think he had one from Bill Nye. 

He did get one fron Bill Nye. Sheldon says to Prof Proton " I've been informed that he's now Bill Nye the Restraining Order guy" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

What episode does this line of dialogue come from, everyone is sitting around the couch in apt. 4A and eating. Penny says something and then Leonard says:

"Well, the joke's on you, it worked".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TLW said:

What episode does this line of dialogue come from, everyone is sitting around the couch in apt. 4A and eating. Penny says something and then Leonard says:

"Well, the joke's on you, it worked".

I believe it's in season 11 ,the episode where Sheldon wants to be the new Professor Proton. Leonard explains that Prof Proton is the reason he got into science and Penny says " I thought it was to get girls" LOL , then you have Leonard's reply "joke's on you, it worked". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NeckShotLime said:

I believe it's in season 11 ,the episode where Sheldon wants to be the new Professor Proton. Leonard explains that Prof Proton is the reason he got into science and Penny says " I thought it was to get girls" LOL , then you have Leonard's reply "joke's on you, it worked". 

Sounds familiar. I believe you're right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NeckShotLime said:

I believe it's in season 11 ,the episode where Sheldon wants to be the new Professor Proton. Leonard explains that Prof Proton is the reason he got into science and Penny says " I thought it was to get girls" LOL , then you have Leonard's reply "joke's on you, it worked". 

Agreed that is the episode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.