Episodic Errors

In season 2, Penny asks Sheldon if Leonard ever dated anyone that was not a brainiac. Sheldon tells that Leonard had dated a French LIterature Doctorate, replying she was not a brainiac, because for one she was French, and second, it was literature. Yet later in season 2, when Leonard recaps his past girlfriends (in front of Sheldon), Leonard tells of Joyce Kim, and Leslie Winkle, but forgot, pardon my French, his trip to Paris, without a passport. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think he said it, as an insult to French people. I think he said it, to point out how easy studying French would be, to someone who is French.

This was before Amy's transformation.  At this point in time (mid season four), she was still mostly the original Amy.  She didn't drink either, nor was she interested in sex, among other things.  Tho

On another note in the Johnny and Kaley hosted farewell when Kaley was speaking about all the happenings that occurred in Penny's apt. she failed to mention one big major scene ......when Leonard prop

Posted Images

In the panty pinata episode, Penny touches, picks up, and replaces an onion ring. Sheldon immediately notices it. Yet, later in the same episode, he calls Penny the hamburger toucher. She never touched his burger. How did Sheldon confuse the 2. One is a disc, the other a ring. It is simple shape recognition. Even educated chimps can manipulate a ring over a stake. 

In the episode where Sheldon goes to the DMV, while on line, Sheldon states Einstein never learned to drive. Penny states, yeah, but I never wanted to kick Einstein in the balls. Now, let's assume, for argument's sake, Penny did some how get to kick Einstein in the balls. In the same way, the (erroneous) tale of an apple dropping on Sir Isaac Newton's head, led him to his theory of gravity. Could such a kick similarly cause a rapid explosive ball separation and led Einstein to his theory of splitting the atom and nuclear fission. This entry is the result of caffeine late at night. 

In the episode where Sheldon is learning to drive on a computer simulated program, Penny agrees to hit Sheldon with a pillow in the face if he is rear ended.(There is something funny about Jim Parsons being concerned with getting rear ended, and needing a pillow in the face to cushion the blow)  Anyway, the problem is front air bags deploy in a front impact, not a rear impact. I can testify. but I won't, on second thought. Although, I do wish Penny was there to hit me in the face with her pillows. Beep, beep...beep, beep...yeah. Baby, you can drive my car. 

Edited by Molecules
  • Like 1

In the season 2 episode when Dr Beverly Hofstadter visits, Sheldon tells Leonard he got Bible thumped for not eating his brussel sprouts. Yet in a later episode Sheldon is eating brussel sprouts to help extend his life to transplant his brain into an android. How do you change your taste buds? He becomes an explosive combination. A walking time bomb. (Time bomb, because Sheldon has a ridged time schedule for such events.) A walking bagpipe. Further, Sheldon wakes Leonard during the night thinking his appendix is about to burst, but it was just the brussel sprouts kicking up some dust.   This gives me an opportunity to bring up one of my favorite words,'fecalith'. Fecalith, like monolith, is that tiny irritating piece of poo that wedges into the appendiceal aperture clogging (talk about your 'Clogzilla) the entrance /exist of the vestigial organ, and causing appendicitis. Think of Sheldon sometimes being a fecalith. Now, if Leonard would only eat some cheese. perhaps some brussel sprouts au gratin, then the two could try to harmonize. Harmony...Harmony...Harmony. Or the dynamic duo could try recreating the baked bean scene of 'Blazing Saddles'. Dy-no-mite.

Edited by Molecules
more potentially explosive stuff

On 12/7/2020 at 9:46 PM, Molecules said:

In season 2, Penny asks Sheldon if Leonard ever dated anyone that was not a brainiac. Sheldon tells that Leonard had dated a French LIterature Doctorate, replying she was not a brainiac, because for one she was French, and second, it was literature. Yet later in season 2, when Leonard recaps his past girlfriends (in front of Sheldon), Leonard tells of Joyce Kim, and Leslie Winkle, but forgot, pardon my French, his trip to Paris, without a passport. 

Yeah I always thought it was weird Leonard never mentionned her , it's not like he had been that many women at this point! Maybe she was just really forgettable . Also, I'm French and  i was actually  annoyed the first time i heard Sheldon's comment " Well, for one thing she was French" 😑  I'm very easily annoyed , mind you 😆 but i just though it was a stupid thing to say. Or maybe it's an American stereotype of French people that I wasn't aware of ? I understand it was just a silly throwaway line so no big deal really ( and we've heard far worse on the show).

Edited by Polly
typo
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 3:32 PM, Molecules said:

EpisoDIC Error, or was it? FUn Fact:: In season 1, and I think other seasons, Raj would use a 'thumbs up' gesture to signal 'okay', but in many cultures around the world, especially the middle east, it is a 'FU Fact'. So, in season 1 Raj signals to Penny with 2 'thumbs up' with a big smile on his face. Maybe he knew that he would, sometime in the future, get to 'partly' fulfill that fantasy predDICtion. Notice how I left out the ''kensian', and 'tator'. An even bigger 'finger 'pointing moment was later in season 2, when Raj comes to apologize to Penny for his behavior at his People Party (30 at 30), and Leonard only sees Penny hugging Raj early in the morning, at her doorway. Raj turns to Leonard and broadly smiles at Leonard while giving two enthusiastic 'thumbs up'.  That moment can now have an entirely additional meaning. That was all he and I wrote.

The thumbs up in the hallway was to mess with Leonard to think more happened than did happen. Penny dispelled that nonsense by chasing his sorry ass away. There was no error in the episode. Everyone knew what the thumbs up meant.

On 12/8/2020 at 6:00 PM, Polly said:

Yeah I always thought it was weird Leonard never mentionned her , it's not like he had been that many women at this point! Maybe she was just really forgettable . Also, I'm French and  i was actually  annoyed the first time i heard Sheldon's comment " Well, for one thing she was French" 😑  I'm very easily annoyed , mind you 😆 but i just though it was a stupid thing to say. Or maybe it's an American stereotype of French people that I wasn't aware of ? I understand it was just a silly throwaway line so no big deal really ( and we've heard far worse on the show).

You are right. I took that line to mean a PhD  in a student's own presumed native language is an easier study, than a nonnative language. Rightfully stated by you. Sometimes it takes each of us being educated as to something hurtful, and letting it propagate to others, as you just did. C'est bon. I think I remember a Mike and Molly episode, sister Victoria, says she is still fearful whenever she sees a chimp, or a little old Greek lady. Equating an old woman as chimp like is sad.

Edited by Molecules

59 minutes ago, Molecules said:

You are right. I took that line to mean a PhD  in a student's own presumed native language is an easier study, than a nonnative language. Rightfully stated by you. Sometimes it takes each of us being educated as to something hurtful, and letting it propagate to others, as you just did. C'est bon.

Personally, I don't see anything any different than all the other condescending, cruel, insulting remarks he made about everyone, thing or place during the 12 year run of the show. It was just Sheldon being Sheldon.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 11:00 PM, Polly said:

Also, I'm French and  I was actually  annoyed the first time I heard Sheldon's comment " Well, for one thing she was French" 😑 

I don't think he said it, as an insult to French people.

I think he said it, to point out how easy studying French would be, to someone who is French.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 12/10/2020 at 8:38 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't think he said it, as an insult to French people.

I think he said it, to point out how easy studying French would be, to someone who is French.

Oh i see! That makes sense! I may have slightly overreacted 😄

On 12/9/2020 at 7:01 PM, Molecules said:

You are right. I took that line to mean a PhD  in a student's own presumed native language is an easier study, than a nonnative language. Rightfully stated by you. Sometimes it takes each of us being educated as to something hurtful, and letting it propagate to others, as you just did. C'est bon. I think I remember a Mike and Molly episode, sister Victoria, says she is still fearful whenever she sees a chimp, or a little old Greek lady. Equating an old woman as chimp like is sad.

Don't know if this counts as an episodic error but: In season 9  ep. 2  "Separation Oscillation"  when the guys are in the cafeteria and Mandy Chao walks in Howard says "why are Marine Biologists always so hot"  which made me think if she is a Marine Biologist how can she work every day with Leonard who is an experimental physicist, really I think two different fields of study

2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Don't know if this counts as an episodic error but: In season 9  ep. 2  "Separation Oscillation"  when the guys are in the cafeteria and Mandy Chao walks in Howard says "why are Marine Biologists always so hot"  which made me think if she is a Marine Biologist how can she work every day with Leonard who is an experimental physicist, really I think two different fields of study

On the expedition, I'm sure there were several different fields of study on the ship. I don't think she worked with Leonard. She probably did her own experiments.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, chucky said:

On the expedition, I'm sure there were several different fields of study on the ship. I don't think she worked with Leonard. She probably did her own experiments.

Yes and at the universty Leonard would see her at work, not work with her.

Edited by joyceraye
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

Yes and at the universty Leonard would see her at work, not work with her.

Probably see her in the hallways or like in the episode both in the cafeteria eating at the same time.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

Let me give you the finger (facts). In the episode where Leonard is telling Penny about, when Leonard met Sheldon (When Harry met Sally). . Leonard ended up trying to tame, and paint her man feet. Later in the series Leonard, once again, was treating her man hands. Penny enthusiastically remarks she had no idea how well he did this. Now, Penny might forget, but I doubt Leonard would. I never did anything like that for a girlfriend, but I would remember, if I did. Fun Finger Facts: fingernails and toenails are different. If you look closely at each, you will see nail ridges. In fingernails the ridges are tip to back (vertical), and toenails run side to side (horizontal). It is thought this is due to the varying stresses on the hand and foot nail plates. It is like adaptive exoskeletal structural supports. I wonder if those that had a great toe (hallux), transplanted to replace a damaged thumb, might eventually have different ridges, because of the different stresses?  Error within an error. Zak once stated to Sheldon that all thumbs are fingers, but not all fingers are thumbs. Sheldon agreed, but in the transplanted thumb amputee, some thumbs can possibly be toes. So, all thumbs are not fingers, and not all fingers are thumbs. All mammals have the same structures in each hand or foot, they are just altered through evolution. For example, a horse has hooves, which are two fingernails and two toenails, on two fingers or toes. A horse shoe goes under one nail. So, whether the horse is My Little Pony, Trigger, Silver or Scout, or even Mr Ed; whether the horse is trotting, or galloping, and especially up on its hind legs; they are all just trying to give the finger.  I have just fingered this. I have just fingered you about fingers, and I figured how to finger, about fingers, myself.  Won't someone give me a hand, or at least a finger? Is  it thumbs up, or down? 

Edited by Molecules
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 1:00 AM, Molecules said:

Let me give you the finger (facts). In the episode where Leonard is telling Penny about, when Leonard met Sheldon (When Harry met Sally). . Leonard ended up trying to tame, and paint her man feet. Later in the series Leonard, once again, was treating her man hands. Penny enthusiastically remarks she had no idea how well he did this. Now, Penny might forget, but I doubt Leonard would. I never did anything like that for a girlfriend, but I would remember, if I did. Fun Finger Facts: fingernails and toenails are different. If you look closely at each, you will see nail ridges. In fingernails the ridges are tip to back (vertical), and toenails run side to side (horizontal). It is thought this is due to the varying stresses on the hand and foot nail plates. It is like adaptive exoskeletal structural supports. I wonder if those that had a great toe (hallux), transplanted to replace a damaged thumb, might eventually have different ridges, because of the different stresses?  Error within an error. Zak once stated to Sheldon that all thumbs are fingers, but not all fingers are thumbs. Sheldon agreed, but in the transplanted thumb amputee, some thumbs can possibly be toes. So, all thumbs are not fingers, and not all fingers are thumbs. All mammals have the same structures in each hand or foot, they are just altered through evolution. For example, a horse has hooves, which are two fingernails and two toenails, on two fingers or toes. A horse shoe goes under one nail. So, whether the horse is My Little Pony, Trigger, Silver or Scout, or even Mr Ed; whether the horse is trotting, or galloping, and especially up on its hind legs; they are all just trying to give the finger.  I have just fingered this. I have just fingered you about fingers, and I figured how to finger, about fingers, myself.  Won't someone give me a hand, or at least a finger? Is  it thumbs up, or down? 

Remarkable! 😁

thumbup.gif.65f59a09a9f278ee06d84a7b5065f3aa.gif

Edited by veejay
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Episodic Error: In Dr Beverly's book, 'The Disappointing Child', per Penny, and confirmed by Leonard, he favored one breast vs the other, making Dr Beverly lopsided. Yet Leonard is lactose intolerant, and could not go left, or right.  He is like a puppy eating chocolate, no matter how much wanted, it is ultimately unhealthy. Let's hope Penny and Leonard's baby is lactose tolerant. Cheers! Fart!  

Fun Facts about Fun Bags (as Howard might say). Mammalian breasts are evolutionary variations of sweat glands. Varying breasts occur in various presentations in various mammals along bilateral  potential milk lines. They vary based on the potential number of offspring, and needed mammalian breast structural access by the offspring. Variations occur within each species. In humans, 2 are typical, more or less. Also, there are superfluous nipples: underdeveloped supernumerary breasts.   Since mammalian breasts are modified sweat glands, mammalian milk is modified sweat. Females typically produce milk, but rarely males can also. For example, male cocaine addiction can cause male lactation. Per  Penny,  Leonard once said, his breast friends. They may be his breast friends, but, be they left or right, he can't ultimately  tolerate either. As Leonard might sing: 'Soft _itty, Warm _itty, Little bowl of milk. Happy _itty, Sleepy  _itty, Burp, Burp, Burp'.

Lactose is milk sugar. Lactose intolerance means those people lack the enzyme to break the disaccharide into monosaccharides (Glucose and Galactose(Gala is Greek for milk)). Its 1 dividing into 2. Once this division occurs, the digestion is safely possible. 

It's like termites. Termites chew wood and swallow, but need the paramecia in its digestive tract to break down the wood into digestible nourishment. Without the paramecia the termite wood die. Symbiosis. Chew on that for a while, just not too roughly, and digest. 

On 12/18/2020 at 5:52 AM, veejay said:

Remarkable! 😁

thumbup.gif.65f59a09a9f278ee06d84a7b5065f3aa.gif

Thanks. FYI, Vee-Jay records was an American label for many acts, including early Beatles.

Edited by Molecules

1 hour ago, Molecules said:

Episodic Error: In Dr Beverly's book, 'Needy Baby, Greedy Baby', per Penny, and confirmed by Leonard, he favored one breast vs the other, making Dr Beverly lopsided. Yet Leonard is lactose intolerant, and could not go left, or right.  He is like a puppy eating chocolate, no matter how much wanted, it is ultimately unhealthy. Let's hope Penny and Leonard's baby is lactose tolerant. Cheers! Fart!  

Fun Facts about Fun Bags (as Howard might say). Mammalian breasts are evolutionary variations of sweat glands. Varying breasts occur in various presentations in various mammals along bilateral  potential milk lines. They vary based on the potential number of offspring, and needed mammalian breast structural access by the offspring. Variations occur within each species. In humans, 2 are typical, more or less. Also, there are superfluous nipples: underdeveloped supernumerary breasts.   Since mammalian breasts are modified sweat glands, mammalian milk is modified sweat. Females typically produce milk, but rarely males can also. For example, male cocaine addiction can cause male lactation. Per  Penny,  Leonard once said, his breast friends. They may be his breast friends, but, be they left or right, he can't ultimately  tolerate either. As Leonard might sing: 'Soft _itty, Warm _itty, Little bowl of milk. Happy _itty, Sleepy  _itty, Burp, Burp, Burp'.

Lactose is milk sugar. Lactose intolerance means those people lack the enzyme to break the disaccharide into monosaccharides (Glucose and Galactose(Gala is Greek for milk)). Its 1 dividing into 2. Once this division occurs, the digestion is safely possible. 

It's like termites. Termites chew wood and swallow, but need the paramecia in its digestive tract to break down the wood into digestible nourishment. Without the paramecia the termite wood die. Symbiosis. Chew on that for a while, just not too roughly, and digest. 

From what I have read, children normally are not lactose intolerant at birth as they need lactose to survive. They usually develop the lactose intolerance later in childhood. So this is not an error.

On 12/22/2020 at 4:41 PM, chucky said:

From what I have read, children normally are not lactose intolerant at birth as they need lactose to survive. They usually develop the lactose intolerance later in childhood. So this is not an error.

Similac, et al.  Lactose is just two different simple sugars for energy, carbohydrates. Lactose is never needed for survival. Many sugars ,and even proteins can replenish ATP from ADP, such as: glucose, fructose (fruit sugar), maltose (malt sugar). 

Edited by Molecules
adding a little sweetness

2 hours ago, Molecules said:

Similac, et al.  Lactose is just two different simple sugars for energy, carbohydrates. Lactose is never needed for survival. Many sugars ,and even proteins can replenish ATP from ADP, such as: glucose, fructose (fruit sugar), maltose (malt sugar). 

Similac is not needed since babies, as a rule, aren't lactose intolerant at birth. Similac  is used for babies that aren't lactose intolerant as well. 

On 12/23/2020 at 7:33 PM, chucky said:

Similac is not needed since babies, as a rule, aren't lactose intolerant at birth. Similac  is used for babies that aren't lactose intolerant as well. 

Similac (Simi lar to Lac tose) et al are needed. That is why they stay in business.  Again, Lactose is not needed for survival. Only mammals use lactose. Many other creatures never use lactose ,and survive. Don't cry over spilled milk. Burp. 

• Confused 1

Raj seems to have facial, and vocal recognition problems. Raj first meets Bert the Geologist, in the library, just prior to having his texting date with Lucy, yet neither ever acknowledges the first encounter. Likewise, Raj meets Bethany, the Goth Club woman, and later she is the hostess at the Puzzle Room. Neither recognizes. At minimum, in each case, they should say that they remind them of someone they met. I mean who can forget Bert. I mean Bert is not like Talc or Halite, but more like a Corundum. 

Edited by Molecules

Was watching a rerun the other day a caught Sheldon misinforming the public due to a writer's error. Sheldon said a Van Dyke was a goatee with no mustache. When in fact a Van Dyke is mustache with hair on the chin, mistakenly referred to as a goatee. While a goatee is in fact a Van Dyke with no mustache. Just hair on the chin like a billy goat's gruff hence the name goatee.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1