Episodic Errors

Molecules, chucky, Several posts have been hidden.   Negative or dismissive comments about or toward other members are not allowed.  If you feel a post is outside of our rules, report, it, don't respond with similar comments.   

That said, please remember that "I read it on Google" and/or  a litany of claimed experience provide the same amount of support for your claims or refutations:  NONE.   You either provide a link for your claims and refutations, or understand your claims and refutations are just so much male bovine exhaust.  

BTW, I went and did some research about this mess, and found you are both partially right, and both partially wrong.  This discussion is over.   

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was before Amy's transformation.  At this point in time (mid season four), she was still mostly the original Amy.  She didn't drink either, nor was she interested in sex, among other things.  Tho

I don't think he said it, as an insult to French people. I think he said it, to point out how easy studying French would be, to someone who is French.

On another note in the Johnny and Kaley hosted farewell when Kaley was speaking about all the happenings that occurred in Penny's apt. she failed to mention one big major scene ......when Leonard prop

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Molecules, chucky, Several posts have been hidden.   Negative or dismissive comments about or toward other members are not allowed.  If you feel a post is outside of our rules, report, it, don't respond with similar comments.   

That said, please remember that "I read it on Google" and/or  a litany of claimed experience provide the same amount of support for your claims or refutations:  NONE.   You either provide a link for your claims and refutations, or understand your claims and refutations are just so much male bovine exhaust.  

BTW, I went and did some research about this mess, and found you are both partially right, and both partially wrong.  This discussion is over.   

Sorry to all.

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

I apologize for my actions and will be careful in what I post in  the future.

On 12/12/2020 at 5:39 PM, chucky said:

On the expedition, I'm sure there were several different fields of study on the ship. I don't think she worked with Leonard. She probably did her own experiments.

Perhaps, Leonard tried, while at sea,  to make time to earnestly study the elusive bearded clam?

1 minute ago, Molecules said:

Perhaps, Leonard tried, while at sea,  to make time to earnestly study the elusive beard clam?

I seriously doubt that!

5 minutes ago, chucky said:

I seriously doubt that!

Too bad we can't ask Mandy Chao, or Leonard  about that. I'm sure one of them might be able to lay a finger on the subject matter, or, at least, point us in the right direction. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/1/2021 at 5:28 PM, Molecules said:

Too bad we can't ask Mandy Chao, or Leonard  about that. I'm sure one of them might be able to lay a finger on the subject matter, or, at least, point us in the right direction. 

Personally, I don't care. To me, that boat kiss was something stupid the writers threw in for no good reason other than to take the sting off of Shamy breaking up. 

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Molecules said:

Perhaps, Leonard tried, while at sea,  to make time to earnestly study the elusive bearded clam?

Nope.  Both Leonard and Mandy mentioned that it was only a kiss. 

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

Nope.  Both Leonard and Mandy mentioned that it was only a kiss. 

True, but couples are sometimes known to be on the down low, but, if so, then , good. More clams. Clam Chowder for everyone. Well, for those that like Clam Chowder. 

On 1/2/2021 at 7:39 PM, Molecules said:

True, but couples are sometimes known to be on the down low, but, if so, then , good. More clams. Clam Chowder for everyone. Well, for those that like Clam Chowder. 

Not Leonard.

On 3/17/2019 at 4:37 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

Maybe she was saving them for Dr Gablehouser.

ETA: I'm glad someone got it. 😀

It seemed like Mary Cooper was saving something sweet for Dr Gablehauser.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:10 AM, Tensor said:

The common cold rarely involves vomiting and/or chills.  By the symptoms shown in the show, it's if far more likely to be the flu, rather than the common cold.  

So you say, yet you haven't provided any support for your contention, nor offered any refutation to the papers I provided, that show your contention is wrong.  Do you have refutations to those papers I provided or any support for your contention, other than your say so?  

If it were the flu, Sheldon, the germaphobe, would have taken the flu vaccine, and been  likely immune to the 'flu'.

Just now, Molecules said:

If it were the flu, Sheldon, the germaphobe, would have taken the flu vaccine, and been  likely immune to the 'flu'.

The flu vaccine is never even close to 100% effective.  According to the CDC, published studies show  it struggles to even be 50% effective.  Out of the last 15 years, it was above 50% effective in only four of those years. During 2007-08, when the episode took place, there effectiveness was37%.

Even allowing for the increase in effectiveness( Edward A Belongia et al. Vaccine. 2011.) for healthy people in the 18-40 age range( up to 70% effective) that still leaves a 30% chance of his contracting the flu. 

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2021 at 10:50 AM, Tensor said:

The flu vaccine is never even close to 100% effective.  According to the CDC, published studies show  it struggles to even be 50% effective.  Out of the last 15 years, it was above 50% effective in only four of those years. During 2007-08, when the episode took place, there effectiveness was37%.

Even allowing for the increase in effectiveness( Edward A Belongia et al. Vaccine. 2011.) for healthy people in the 18-40 age range( up to 70% effective) that still leaves a 30% chance of his contracting the flu. 

The annual flu vaccine is a few vaccines in one shot. Experts take their best educated guess which China region of the globe flu virus variants will likely travel to the USA, and that is the annual flu vaccine, here. When accurate guesses are made, the efficacy rates go up, when not, down. The flu virus is like a mushroom, structurally. The stem does not alter, as the variable cap does. For years experts have been trying to make a vaccine focusing on the non-variable stem. When that finally happens, the flu will go the way of Polio, and Small Pox.

To illustrate, The Corona virus is a single, yet mutating virus, probably due to plasmid type exchanges of DNA from other viruses, or evolution. Similarly, Penicillin resistant bacteria occurred because of plasmid like exchanges of one species of bacteria to other species. Therefore, we currently have highly effective vaccines, partly because it is one single virus. God willing the current mutation will be destroyed without need of a new vaccine. Still some years partial flu  immunity occurs, and lessens the virility. A one time fiance did not take the flu shot, and presumably got it. I always take the shot, and cared for her with no risk to me, thank God. It's a shot gun approach, but it is better than nothing  Also, text books are compendiums of footnoted articles.  I still think it was bacterial. No one else got sick. Perhaps, lactose containing food. Maybe even bad milk. Many can't tell by taste. I one time tasted a 50,000 gallon delivery of heavy cream. It tasted bad. Everyone else tasted nothing wrong. They took the delivery, and it went bad over the weekend. Literally, 50,000 gallons down the drain for $75,000 dollars about 40 year ago. Monday's cultures showed the excessive coliform bacteria.

Let me take this moment to share my theory regarding Corona virus. I believe it is mammalian, not just  human. Consider that it is grown in mice, and rats. Cats, lions, tigers, dogs get it. There were outbreaks at pork, and beef processing plants. Don't pet furry critters. Don't have dogs lick your hand, etc. I think it is not emphasized, because it could cause even more panic. Be safe.

Edited by Molecules
sp
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

In the 10th season, episode 18, where Raj moves in with Leonard and Penny, we learn that Sheldon is a racist. In itself, that is a Life Error, much less  an Episodic Error. I am not trying to diminish racism, but use this entry, as I have others, to shed light on an important subject. Now, early in this episode, Amy proclaims that Sheldon had recently showed some advancement by taking a photo with Pluto. Penny and Leonard were being informed of this information, yet did not reply that this was no improvement. In an earlier season episodic ending, we learned that Sheldon fears Goofy, but has no problem with Pluto. Not just goofing, as Sheldon might dream, "No Goofy".  Sheldon discriminates against one race of dog vs another, even in cartoon phenotypes. 

Now, as I understand it, the biological definition of race vs species is that animals of the same race can interbreed, species can not. To illustrate further, all dogs can interbreed. Pity the female tea cup baring the litter from  a great dane sire. Hey 'Chip' (from Beauty and the Beast), pity how chipped that tea cup would be. Contrastingly,  the eventual creation of the Grand Canyon stranded squirrels on either side. The one time single species evolved and branched into 2 separate species, incapable of interbreeding any more. Also, consider the Liger, the progeny of a male (smaller) lion and a female (much larger) tigress, vs the Tigon, the progeny of a male (larger) tiger, and a female (much smaller) lioness. There are also Ti-Ligers, and Li-Tigons. They are 2nd generation hybrids. Other examples are Pizzly and Grolar (Polar and Grizzly bear progeny), Wolphins (Whale and Dolphin). Hey tea cup, pity that dolphin.  

All this to state, If animals can get along to this extent, we should, at least, follow our fellow animals. We are truly all the same. We must all get along. 

Edited by Molecules
evolving entry

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Molecules said:

In the 10th season, episode 18, where Raj moves in with Leonard and Penny, we learn that Sheldon is a racist. In it self, that is a Life Error, much less  an Episodic Error. I am not trying to diminish racism, but use this entry, as I have others, to shed light on an important subject. Now, early in this episode, Amy proclaims that Sheldon had recently showed some advancement by taking a photo with Pluto. Penny and Leonard were being informed of this information, yet did not reply that this was no improvement. In an earlier season episodic ending, we learned that Sheldon fears Goofy, but has no problem with Pluto. Not just goofing, as Sheldon might dream, "No Goofy".  Sheldon discriminates against one race of dog vs another, even in cartoon phenotype. 

Now, as I understand it, the biological definition of race vs species is that animals of the same race can interbreed, species can not. To illustrate further, all dogs can interbreed. Pity the female tea cup baring the litter from a sire of a great dane. Hey 'Chip' (from Beauty and the Beast), pity how chipped that tea cup would be.  Also, consider the Liger, the progeny of a male (smaller) lion and a female (much larger) tigress, vs the Tigon, the progeny of a male (larger) tiger, and a female (much smaller) lioness. There are also Ti-Ligors, and Li-Tigons. They are 2nd generation hybrids. Other examples are Pizzly and Grolar (Polar and Grizzly bear progeny), Wolphins (Whale and Dolphin). Hey tea cup, pity that dolphin.  

All this to state, If animals can get along to this extent, we should, at least, follow our fellow animals. We are truly all the same. We must all get along. 

Really? You're saying that Sheldon is racist because he prefers one Disney dog over another. He's not preferring a breed of dog over another, just a specific dog over another. That is not racism.

Edited by chucky
  • Confused 1

I hope this one is music to your ears. Season 10 Sheldon requested and had no problem with Howard playing flashback music on the keyboard. Amy even commented she offered to play it on her harp. Yet in another episode when Amy played flashback music on her harp, Sheldon told her to stop it. At least I thought so, but no. That is only deja vu. 

I hope you understand this one, and does not come across as gibberish. In season 10, Raj suggests that Sheldon learn to speak Hindi to tax and exhaust his brain to promote Superaging. Sheldon stated he did that when he was eight, in Hindi. Raj stated he does not know Hindi, but Raj, in a season 11 episode, educated Leonard as to the Hindi word for 'dog' (kutta), (pow, pow). Also,   in an earlier season ,  Raj called in with the phrase that pays, Raj stated in Hindi "Fever 104: Home of the really good current music." How did Raj know It's much catchier in Hindi? Why  did Sheldon not comment then? How did Raj know the phrase that pays? How would Raj know Hindi is difficult? It's all Greek to me. It's all Shakespeare to me. Yassoo!

To summarize, what's that sound, everybody look what's going down.

Edited by Molecules
Do you hear what I hear?

I should hand you a bill for this one. Near the beginning of the episode where Sheldon helps Amy's research, and Howard and Lenard's, Sheldon comments about the Platypus. The Platypus is not a bird and a mammal. Fun  Facts: it is an egg laying mammal. More than one adult  is a Paddle. One baby is a Puggle, but no Muggles. The eggs are the size of lima beans. It is a mammal. It detects food with it's leathery bill by electric changes. It uses its mouth and 18 cm tongue to fil its side pouches, like a hamster, for later consumption. It scavenges at the bottom for small sea food and bugs. It closes off its nostrils for about 2 minutes of grazing . On land, it pulverizes the food with a small swallowed rocks, like a chicken gizzard,  and a rough roof top inner bill surface. It has no teeth. It has no stomach, or digestive stomach acids. The food goes directly to the intestines (Do not pass go. Do not collect $200). The lima bean sized young lap up sweat like milk from its abdomen. The males have venomous hollow spikes on its heels/ankles. The venom feels like the pain from a nest of hornets. It will incapacitate a human for weeks, and kill a dog. The milk, or venom may have antibacterial properties, and/or treat diabetes. Now (as Gwen Stefani might sing) wouldn't that be sweet??

Edited by Molecules
a puddle

Several posts have been moved to the "Looking for a scene in an Episode" topic.  Several other were hidden as they had nothing to do with the subject of the topic.   One was hidden as the post, as written, could be construed as a bit offensive.  

Now, this is not an episodic error, but a nerd error.  In an earlier episode, when Penny went out with Stuart to an art exhibit, Penny offered for Stuart to come in for coffee, and Stuart commented that it was a little late for coffee. Penny then said that Stuart thought coffee meant coffee. Penny said she thought she had decaf. In a later episode, Raj finished his first planetarium show, and an audience member suggested going for coffee. Raj said it was a little late for coffee. Penny walked between to tell Raj, 'decaf genius'. Penny was a  a nerd whisperer. For clarity, I had much more written. I also censor myself. Perhaps, someday, I will compile all of them: Completers, alternate endings, additional scenes, etc. I will find out if this version is compliant. 

• Like 1

This one is a bloody mess. In the 11th season episode where Leonard is writing a mystery  who done it, he is shot, and Raj's character proclaims soda water will get that stain out. Yes, I guess many things might help, but the best is peroxide. Not soda water. Peroxide is H2O2 versus water H2O. Even 'bone' dry, peroxide will get out blood stains. Peroxide primarily attacks the ferrous hemoglobin molecule. It gives blood its red color, as opposed to blue (copper based) horseshoe crabs (or Andorians), or green Vulcans. When the peroxide is working, it causes a white foaming action, which is a break down of H2O2 into H2O,releasing O2 (oxygen) bubbles, and inactivates. When the foaming eventually stops, after repeated applications, the stain is washable. Even if a cold water wash does not remove every bit, you can repeat, but if a hot water wash, and/or, a clothes dryer is used, the stain gets set.   Do not use peroxide as a wound cleanser, use sterile saline, per an old HCFA guideline. Peroxide destroys healthy tissue. The only time I use peroxide is on a dirty wound to try to raise up minute particles , by the foaming action, from below.  Our blood contains an enzyme called catalase.  Catalase, also found in some bacteria, breaks down peroxide to oxygen, as well. For completeness, catalase is an organic enzyme. Magnetite ( an Iron (Fe) containing mineral), and Manganese (an element (Mn)), are magnetic inorganic catalysts, and, likewise, will breakdown peroxide, like catalase.  Bert would be so proud.  As David Essex might sing,  Rock on. Looking back on this entry, I gave you bloody hell. Very Goth. Raj and Howard would be so proud.

Edited by Molecules
rocking around

• 4 weeks later...

This is not a true episodic error, but more a true cross connection involving the original series. Meaning, this should make one cross (upset), and is cross (because it crosses barriers), and is definitely a connection that should not be crossed. 

We all have the fact branded in our brains that Howard Wolowitz had sex with his cousin, Jeanie. and Howard would defend by immediately retorting, "She was my 'second' cousin". Yeah, that makes it all better. 

Apparently, ex-mayor Rudolph Giuliani, was once involved with his second cousin, and married her. It is hard to outpace Howard Wolowitz. It is difficult to outcreep Howard. Even Howard did not marry Jeanie. Even Howard, who was in orbit, found his boundary. Howard was momentarily morally a kin to Gandolph ardently proclaiming, "None shall pass".  We can not applaud Howard for not marrying Jeanie, yet, in this example of Schrodinger's Cat, it is comforting that this pussy was finally just left alone. Not redeeming, but relieving. A true erroneous episodic cross connection.

Edited by Molecules

6 hours ago, Molecules said:

This is not a true episodic error, but more a true cross connection involving the original series. Meaning, this should make one cross (upset), and is cross (because it crosses barriers), and is definitely a connection that should not be crossed. 

We all have the fact branded in our brains that Howard Wolowitz had sex with his cousin, Jeanie. and Howard would defend by immediately retorting, "She was my 'second' cousin". Yeah, that makes it all better. 

Apparently, ex-mayor Rudolph Giuliani, was once involved with his second cousin, and married her. It is hard to outpace Howard Wolowitz. It is difficult to outcreep Howard. Even Howard did not marry Jeanie. Even Howard, who was in orbit, found his boundary. Howard was momentarily morally a kin to Gandolph ardently proclaiming, "None shall pass".  We can not applaud Howard for not marrying Jeanie, yet, in this example of Schrodinger's Cat, it is comforting that this pussy was finally just left alone. Not redeeming, but relieving. A true erroneous episodic cross connection.

It's not all that rare in many cultures for even first cousins to marry each other. Many muslim families encourage it.  It's not illegal. It's not  incestuous although the idea would make some of us shudder. That shudder factor is why they pull Howard's leg about it. In today's  busy,industrialised world it's possible for second cousins to meet and only find out about the relationship later.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

It's not all that rare in many cultures for even first cousins to marry each other. Many muslim families encourage it.  It's not illegal. It's not  incestuous although the idea would make some of us shudder. That shudder factor is why they pull Howard's leg about it. In today's  busy,industrialised world it's possible for second cousins to meet and only find out about the relationship later.

Agreed! 

On 2/23/2021 at 8:15 AM, joyceraye said:

Putting morality, and cultural preferences aside, there exist the pure genetic diseases. In pets, inbred pure breeds result in greater chance of recessive genetic disorders to be phenotypically presented. Genetic variety quells genetic expression of recessive genetic disorders. In humans, extremely sadly, genetically inbred  groups lead to increased risk of autosomal recessive genetic disorders, such as dreaded Tay-Sachs Disease. I always thought it was potentially  found in Ashkenazi Jews, but also more closed genetic human groups like French-Canadians from the Louisiana bayou, and Pennsylvania Dutch Amish. Unnecessary lethal genetic diseases (forgive me for the use of this word) 'trump' any other reasoning for inbreeding. As Raj said, how about adding some mocha to the family latte. Genetic diversity means less genetic deformity.

There are couples ignorant of their genetic similarities. Distant cousins Kyra Sedgwick, and Kevin Bacon were introduced to each other by Henry Louis Gates, Jr on 'Finding Your Roots'. Talk about 'Makin Bacon'. Talk about your '6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon'. 

Edited by Molecules