Episodic Errors

Nerd Alert; Ingenuity the Mars Helicopter flew carrying a piece of the Wright Brother's plane aboard. Blades rotating  at about 2500 rpm. Someone tell Sheldon, Amy Howard, and Raj.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think he said it, as an insult to French people. I think he said it, to point out how easy studying French would be, to someone who is French.

This was before Amy's transformation.  At this point in time (mid season four), she was still mostly the original Amy.  She didn't drink either, nor was she interested in sex, among other things.  Tho

On another note in the Johnny and Kaley hosted farewell when Kaley was speaking about all the happenings that occurred in Penny's apt. she failed to mention one big major scene ......when Leonard prop

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

Hay, Abbott! This is not an Episodic Error , but, I believe, a Comedic Crossover. Perhaps by coincidence, but I believe a deliberate homage to Abbott and Costello. In the episode where Amy blurts out 'Who', after Zak greets, and later bends over sending her a heart, Bert would beseech such a blurt.  Amy and Sheldon subsequently perform a variation of 'Abbott and Costello', 'Who's On First?' routine. Earlier, in2 the same episode, Sheldon explains that 73 is the best number. 73 is the 21st prime number, and 37 is the 12th prime number, etc. 'Abbott and Costello' had a routine where 7 X 13 = 28. Web search for these. 2 references in 1 episode. Coincidence? I think {}.

Edited by Molecules
+ 2

Posted (edited)

In the 7th season, during Amy and Sheldon's 2nd anniversary dinner, Amy tells of the Praying Mantis habitual cannibalistic coital snacking. Amy flamboyantly undoes a collar button and says, 'Dessert is served', to Sheldon. Now, even though Sheldon has been described by others as a Praying Mantis, Amy is wrong, and Sheldon does not correct her. Plus Mayim  should be aware of the error. The  smaller male mantis does not consume the larger  female. The larger female eats the smaller male, usually by first biting his head off during coitus. The female wants the male to stick around  Maybe because the female had no marriage certificate. What male can not relate to having at least one memory of having a female nearly chewing their head off? Gives new meaning to getting (and giving) head.

Edited by Molecules
more head
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

In the episode where Penny was teaching Howard to hook Sherm the Worm (a misnomer from a man that collected insects in his youth), Remember Toby the cricket? Penny referred to the worm as him. Worms are true hermaphrodites. They are each both functional sexes. Granted there are the rare occurrence in humans. Penny with her brawny hands and back woods Nebraska skills would know this, as likely would all, just based on basic biology class where the ubiquitous worm was dissected by all. Worms can mate with others, and as Penny said to Leonard, "Can I just be the girl tonight?' Worms are the girl, and guy every night. Worm genitalia are on opposite ends of the worm, separating the sexes. Wouldn't Genitalia be a fine name. She could be called Gen, for short.  Like Chrissy from 'Three's Company' whose real character's name was Christmas. Anyway, the point is worms can literally coitus themselves. gives new meaning to the catch phrase, 'Go F...   yourself'.

Edited by Molecules

Scotty, beam this up. In the episode where the guys head off to a Star Trek  convention, and Leonard has his car stolen, when they walk into a diner, Leonard asks the waitress 'Can I use your phone, our car got stolen?' The waitress inquires, 'Why don't you ask Scotty to beam you up?' Sheldon says, 'Scotty  was on the original series, and we're 'next generation'. So joke's on you'. First ,Leonard should have asked if he 'may' use their phone (asking permission), versus 'can' (questioning his capability to use their phone, and seeking the waitress's opinion). However, Leonard may be so dehydrated that he is not sure he is currently capable of using any phone, and was strictly seeking an unbiased (and well hydrated) view. Regardless, Sheldon dos not correct Leonard.   Secondly, Sheldon breaks character. Data never uses contractions, although maybe Sheldon was playing Lore. More importantly, Sheldon is wrong. Scotty was on 'next generation'. Remember the 'next gen' episode where Scotty placed himself in a looping transport beam, and emerges in the 'next gen' time frame. The waitress was correct, perhaps an even greater Star Trek fan of them all, but, being a good waitress (take notes Penny) she continued the credo, 'the customer is always right'. So, joke's on Sheldon. I doubt even Scotty could fix this.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Molecules said:

Scotty, beam this up. In the episode where the guys head off to a Star Trek  convention, and Leonard has his car stolen, when they walk into a diner, Leonard asks the waitress 'Can I use your phone, our car got stolen?' The waitress inquires, 'Why don't you ask Scotty to beam you up?' Sheldon says, 'Scotty  was on the original series, and we're 'next generation'. So joke's on you'. First ,Leonard should have asked if he 'may' use their phone (asking permission), versus 'can' (questioning his capability to use their phone, and seeking the waitress's opinion). However, Leonard may be so dehydrated that he is not sure he is currently capable of using any phone, and was strictly seeking an unbiased (and well hydrated) view. Regardless, Sheldon dos not correct Leonard.   Secondly, Sheldon breaks character. Data never uses contractions, although maybe Sheldon was playing Lore. More importantly, Sheldon is wrong. Scotty was on 'next generation'. Remember the 'next gen' episode where Scotty placed himself in a looping transport beam, and emerges in the 'next gen' time frame. The waitress was correct, perhaps an even greater Star Trek fan of them all, but, being a good waitress (take notes Penny) she continued the credo, 'the customer is always right'. So, joke's on Sheldon. I doubt even Scotty could fix this.

It is incredible how you can analyze a tidbit like that and bring it out  Kudos!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2021 at 12:05 PM, Mario D. said:

It is incredible how you can analyze a tidbit like that and bring it out  Kudos!

It is very kind of you to write such words. I am not sure how to respond.  It is simply the way my mind works. It takes effort to see the more obvious. For me, each error find is an irritant, like a Kripke food lodged tooth pocket, like a vinyl album record skip,  like a  thorn pulled paw, I'm asking the fellow fan, 'Does this look irritating to you?' I am embarrassed it took me so long to catch this particular one.  I'll give you a good example. True story. Long ago I was dating a law student, and wanted to get 'busy'. She had an assignment for a contracts class. It involved an Adrienne  Barbeau claiming invasion of privacy. I forced her to include the answer. She was an actress and public figure, and public figures have less public privacy rights, than the average person. We finally got busy. A month later, I picked her up from the  law school locker room, and some one congratulated her for being the only student in a class of 150, to get the answer right. It led to moot court competition. She would have never told me. Again, much thanks, especially coming from you.

Edited by Molecules
more irritation
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 1:36 PM, NeckShotLime said:

Molecules , I have to thank you because your posts never fail to crack me up and I always learn something! 

Very kind of you to comment positively. I am not sure how to respond. I guess, mission accomplished. I am a big fan of the show. I tried to reach out to fellow fans, and craft posts that mimic the show's format. I loved the show introducing learning with a comedic twist. I felt in the pandemic isolation, the posts might give someone a chuckle.  This is a greatly needed diversion for me. too. I see views increasing, so I assume people are enjoying the posts, but it is encouraging to see written approval.  Thank you, again.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Molecules said:

It is very kind of you to write such words. I am not sure how to respond.  It is simply the way my mind works. It takes effort to see the more obvious. I am embarrassed it took me so long to catch this particular one.  I'll give you a good example. True story. Long ago I was dating a law student, and wanted to get 'busy'. She had an assignment for a contracts class. It involved an Adrienne  Barbeau claiming invasion of privacy. I forced her to include the answer. She was an actress and public figure, and public figures have less public privacy rights, than the average person. We finally got busy. A month later, I picked her up from the  law school locker room, and some one congratulated her for being the only student in a class of 150, to get the answer right. It led to moot court competition. She would have never told me. Again, much thanks, especially coming from you.

Thanks   Always enjoy your comments. I guess this is the only way us TBBT fans can keep it alive

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

This one is short and sweet ('Did someone say sweet?') . It is not technically an Episodic Error, but an Important Omission. In the great Thanksgiving Episode ( Haven't they pumped out great holiday episodes?), when they all learn Penny was married to Zak, and just finished dessert (Did someone say dessert?), Sheldon has the last line, 'I just vomited on a lot of clowns.' I argue, Sheldon should have continued...  'Don't worry... every clown is still smiling. What clown doesn't like a good pie in the face? [Sheldon strikes an exaggerated smiling clown pose]  Warner Brothers classic cartoon theme song plays, while the classic 'shrinking circle' cartoon ending occurs. The music and shrinking pauses to hear... (Did someone burp 3.14?), and finishes the last bars of the Warner Bros cartoon theme song.   Right, Soupy (Sales)? (( They could have Sheldon's clown pose face morph into a porcelain figure face, then market a Sheldon porcelain figure clown. Suitable for Thanksgiving bathrooms everywhere. ))

Also, in a season 3 episode, Leonard adds to the list of what threatens  Howard. Leonard states Howard is also threatened by loud noises, clowns, and nuns. Yet, there is a plethora of clowns in the bathroom. So, how did Howard ever use the bathroom? Perhaps, Howard literally had the Sh** scared out of him. Good location for such a reaction. Also, I guess Howard does not equate jesters as clowns. (Remember the Renaissance festival episode.) Possibly, Howard literally embodied his fears.

Edited by Molecules
I threw up the wrong word.
  • Haha 1

Baby Love, Baby Love... This one is cautionary. On a Valentine's Day episode where Bernadette and Howard found a floating  bunny before getting into the hot tub, and Howard got bit by the anti-Semitic  bunny, the bunny saved the day. Now how? Bernadette should have known by her education that hot tubs of  only 10 minutes, and especially early in pregnancy ,can cause a miscarriage.  So the bunny may have stopped a potential tragedy. They were considering using the bunny to confirm a rabies free animal. If the bunny was female, technically, the bunny could also have been used to confirm pregnancy, at the same time. That bunny seemed more Zionistic, than anti-Semitic. 

• Like 3