Jump to content

Episodic Errors


Molecules
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Molecules said:

In Sheldon's world, for most of the series, Sheldon has emotional disconnections. Even physical demonstrations of affection are foreign to Sheldon. Quite the opposite, Sheldon sees emotional connections as odd. To understand Sheldon, you need to think like Sheldon. Yet, be careful, trespassing onto Sheldon's flatland could leave you dimensionally void. To Sheldon, emotions are not part of his equation. He can not miss what does not exist in his world. In Sheldon's world everyone else is misguided. What's love got to do, got to do, with it?

This is true but he eventually succumbs to his emotions with Amy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Mario D. said:

This is true but he eventually succumbs to his emotions with Amy.

True. I believe Penny was the instrumental catalyst for Sheldon's emotional awakenings.

A catalyst (inorganic, like Magnetite), or enzyme (organic, like Catalase), does not actively expend energy to cause a reaction. A catalyst, or enzyme, is unaltered in its function. A catalyst simply lowers the energy of activation needed to cause the reaction to occur. A great example is Magnetite, it contains Magnesium and Iron. The mineral surface lowers the energy for peroxide, H2O2, to spontaneously split into oxygen gas bubbles, and liquid water. Also, it is magnetic. Catalase is in most living matter, and enzymatically causes the same peroxide reaction of Magnetite. 

Penny did not force Sheldon , and visa-versa. Their mutual proximity freed up what always existed in each other, just not as freely expressed.  So, Penny, in many ways, was the antithesis of Sheldon. Over the series Sheldon became more like Penny, and visa-versa. They were symbiotic. They had true 'chemistry'. 

I believe Sheldon's first (mistaken?) Penny breast fondle was an awakening. Sheldon's soup tattoo quip is BS. Sheldon has read countless comic books. I am no expert, but what hero always peeks? Buttman? Assman? The Campbell's soup kids? (MMM, MMM good?)  Who does not remember that first? Even Forrest, Forrest Gump remembered that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Molecules said:

True. I believe Penny was the instrumental catalyst for Sheldon's emotional awakenings.

A catalyst (inorganic, like Magnetite), or enzyme (organic, like Catalase), does not actively expend energy to cause a reaction. A catalyst, or enzyme, is unaltered in its function. A catalyst simply lowers the energy of activation needed to cause the reaction to occur. A great example is Magnetite, it contains Magnesium and Iron. The mineral surface lowers the energy for peroxide, H2O2, to spontaneously split into oxygen gas bubbles, and liquid water. Also, it is magnetic. Catalase is in most living matter, and enzymatically causes the same peroxide reaction of Magnetite. 

Penny did not force Sheldon , and visa-versa. Their mutual proximity freed up what always existed in each other, just not as freely expressed.  So, Penny, in many ways, was the antithesis of Sheldon. Over the series Sheldon became more like Penny, and visa-versa. They were symbiotic. They had true 'chemistry'. 

I believe Sheldon's first (mistaken?) Penny breast fondle was an awakening. Sheldon's soup tattoo quip is BS. Sheldon has read countless comic books. I am no expert, but what hero always peeks? Buttman? Assman? The Campbell's soup kids? (MMM, MMM good?)  Who does not remember that first? Even Forrest, Forrest Gump remembered that. 

However, I recall a scene in season 11 when Amy is away at Princeton and Romona Nowitzki makes a play on Sheldon Penny surmises that Amy may have awakened Sheldon's sexual libido

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

However, I recall a scene in season 11 when Amy is away at Princeton and Romona Nowitzki makes a play on Sheldon Penny surmises that Amy may have awakened Sheldon's sexual libido

I enjoyed how Ramona kept rejecting Raj in the episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mario D. said:

However, I recall a scene in season 11 when Amy is away at Princeton and Romona Nowitzki makes a play on Sheldon Penny surmises that Amy may have awakened Sheldon's sexual libido

COME ON PENNY

I believe Penny  initially sparked and fannied the libidinous flames in Sheldon, like hot Chinese soup. Even Penny's tattoo artist thought Penny's 'backside' was hot. Again, even Cookie Monster was attracted to Penny's 'backside', or Cookie Monster also had a high devotion to soup: it's the soup that eats like a meal. Plus, we may all agree Cookie is the expert when it comes to the best 'cookie'. Penny has a Cookie seal of approval. As Dexter's Midnight Runners sang, "You in that dress, my thoughts I confess Verge on dirty, ah, come on Eileen".  I have a stuffed plush Cookie Monster, and am still trying to place a Penny 'tattoo' on Cookie's 'backside'. That would solve that mystery. Charly "thatthatisisthatthatisnotisnotisthatititis".

Edited by Molecules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Molecules said:

COME ON PENNY

I believe Penny  initially sparked and fannied the libidinous flames in Sheldon, like hot Chinese soup. Even Penny's tattoo artist thought Penny's 'backside' was hot. Again, even Cookie Monster was attracted to Penny's 'backside', or Cookie Monster also had a high devotion to soup: it's the soup that eats like a meal. Plus, we may all agree Cookie is the expert when it comes to the best 'cookie'. Penny has a Cookie seal of approval. As Dexter's Midnight Runners sang, "You in that dress, my thoughts I confess Verge on dirty, ah, come on Eileen".  I have a stuffed plush Cookie Monster, and am still trying to place a Penny 'tattoo' on Cookie's 'backside'. That would solve that mystery. 

Are you trying to say that after all these years seeing Penny's breast and butt flamed Sheldon's libido??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/5/2021 at 3:05 PM, Mario D. said:

Are you trying to say that after all these years seeing Penny's breast and butt flamed Sheldon's libido??

Yes. Sheldon has an eidetic memory. All seen is a vivid permanent mental image.

Edited by Molecules
Do you see what I see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

I don't know if I can agree with that

Dude, I think we respect each other. It would be a pointless 'forum' if we all just agreed on everything. Much respect. 

Why I believe. I had the most fun failing a test in the halter topped seventies. I was perfectly positioned. She was kissed by filtered moaning sunlight. Every time she leaned forward to write an answer, her flag was unfurled, and I did all I could to not salute at attention. Everyone should have such a defining moment. Everyone should smile remembering a similar test of will. 

Edited by Molecules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Molecules said:

Dude, I think we respect each other. It would be a pointless 'forum' if we all just agreed on everything. Much respect. 

Why I believe. I had the most fun failing a test in the halter topped seventies. I was perfectly positioned. She was kissed by filtered moaning sunlight. Every time she leaned forward to write an answer, her flag was unfurled, and I did all I could to not salute at attention. Everyone should have such a defining moment. Everyone should smile remembering a similar test of will. 

NO HARM  NO FOUL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/4/2021 at 12:00 AM, Mario D. said:

Should have guessed that. But also his thinking that Leonard should spend time with him instead of with Penny is odd too. Also his misguided belief that his friendship with Leonard trumps Leonard's love for Penny.

Yes, like this quote from the episode The Septum Deviation shows:

Penny: Of course I care about Leonard. I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him.

Sheldon: And I'm not!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, TLW said:

Yes, like this quote from the episode The Septum Deviation shows:

Penny: Of course I care about Leonard. I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him.

Sheldon: And I'm not!?

Sheldon has always been delusional concerning he and Leonard living together until he moved in with Amy!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, chucky said:

Sheldon has always been delusional concerning he and Leonard living together until he moved in with Amy!

They never should have decided to live with Sheldon when they got married. Penny gave in to his whining about being abandoned and said it would only be for a little while but it wound up being for over a year and Sheldon got too comfortable with it. Always felt they gave in to Sheldon too easily on everything just so they didn't want to hear him going on and on with his incessant complaining about all things he doesn't like. I could see that he believed that Penny and Leonard would live with him in Leonard's room and eventually if Amy moved in she would be with Sheldon in his room This way for him nothing changes and not realizing that this is unnatural.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Always felt they gave in to Sheldon too easily on everything just so they didn't want to hear him going on and on with his incessant complaining about all things he doesn't like.

Agreed! Another example was when they let him have his way with eating at the dining room table. I've always hated Sheldon's remark about "Sometimes the baby wins". The writers almost always let Sheldon win. That's why I love that Season 10 Episode where Sheldon hurt both feet, went head first into the water cooler and hurt his hand trying to Karate chop Burt. Also loved the episode with Bill Gates where Sheldon was hopelessly gullible.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, chucky said:

Agreed! Another example was when they let him have his way with eating at the dining room table. I've always hated Sheldon's remark about "Sometimes the baby wins". The writers almost always let Sheldon win. That's why I love that Season 10 Episode where Sheldon hurt both feet, went head first into the water cooler and hurt his hand trying to Karate chop Burt. Also loved the episode with Bill Gates where Sheldon was hopelessly gullible.

Oh yeah, the dining room table. Penny encouraged Leonard to get it, then she caves in because they all feel sorry for him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TLW said:

Oh yeah, the dining room table. Penny encouraged Leonard to get it, then she caves in because they all feel sorry for him.

I don't think Leonard felt sorry for Sheldon. He caved because of Penny. I think the gang felt sorry for Amy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, Then.

Cutting edge. As Dr Lorvis, Billy Bob Thornton nearly exactly reprieves his Slingblade catch phrase thrice, while walking upstairs with Sheldon at the episode's opening. Three nods with no one loosing their head by way of a Kaiser Blade. Sharp!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2021 at 1:06 PM, chucky said:

Sheldon has always been delusional concerning he and Leonard living together until he moved in with Amy!

I just watched tonight the episode where the guys make the choice that Leonard will stay in Penny's apt. one night a week and Leonard can whistle as long as Sheldon's not home. I forgot about the part at the end where Sheldon is on Penny's couch telling L/P to be quiet in Penny's bed. (Is there an emoji for rolling your eyes?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TLW said:

I just watched tonight the episode where the guys make the choice that Leonard will stay in Penny's apt. one night a week and Leonard can whistle as long as Sheldon's not home. I forgot about the part at the end where Sheldon is on Penny's couch telling L/P to be quiet in Penny's bed. (Is there an emoji for rolling your eyes?)

They even left the bedroom door open. That was an example of something the writers thought was funny, that I felt was ridiculous. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chucky said:

They even left the bedroom door open. That was an example of something the writers thought was funny, that I felt was ridiculous. 

Yes  I thought that was a ridiculous scene as well. Very unnecessary just for a laugh.  Also the continuity factor here.In an earlier episode when Sheldon gets locked out of his apartment and has to stay at Penny's didn't he complain that he could not sleep on her couch because he was too big for it. But in this episode they conveniently fit him onto the couch.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mario D. said:

he complain that he could not sleep on her couch because he was too big for it. But in this episode they conveniently fit him onto the couch.

Yeah, there was no comment from Sheldon about him not sleeping on couches or that he was to tall for her couch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, but first get to Vegas? River Stay Away From My Door!

In season 6  episode 23, we learn that Amy was put on the no- fly list for possibly breaking the airport TSA agent's nose for getting too handsy, and the 3 women busted on their Vegas hand play. Yet, in season 8, the 3 women went to Vegas.

Amy got so excited at the news, that she needed to check her underwear to see if she peed, but earlier in the series we learn at the Cheesecake Factory that Sheldon and Amy were arriving late, because Sheldon stated Amy needed supplies for experiencing her menses. Luckily, none of the guys were ordering, or sipping tomato juice at the time.  Better, what if at that moment, Penny came by and asked who ordered the tomato juice(or the Bloody Mary), and all the guys point to Amy. We learn Amy is always packing, so she has no surprises. So, why did Amy need to check her drawers, she got this. Why check for leaks when you wrapped the damn?

Anyway, how did the women get to Vegas? Penny was checking flight schedules, and no one corrected her. Yet, even though a person may legally be removed from a no-fly list, I doubt a person committing assault and battery on a federal agent would be removed. The car drive is a b!t(h, I've done it. It took about 6 hours with traffic. A maybe 12 hour round trip for just a weekend? On the way you may pass a 'ghost town', and a Greek restaurant (they're everywhere), probably Mars, at least a hotdog stand. 

Further, Amy was custom made for Sheldon since season 6. They will go by train everywhere. As Sheldon and  Amy would say, "Woo Woo" and, "Whoo Hoo!" Regardless the liquid, Amy has troubles. 

Edited by Molecules
River Stay Away From My Door
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Molecules said:

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, but first get to Vegas? River Stay Away From My Door!

In season 6  episode 23, we learn that Amy was put on the no- fly list for possibly breaking the airport TSA agent's nose for getting too handsy, and the 3 women busted on their Vegas hand play. Yet, in season 8, the 3 women went to Vegas.

Amy got so excited at the news, that she needed to check her underwear to see if she peed, but earlier in the series we learn at the Cheesecake Factory that Sheldon and Amy were arriving late, because Sheldon stated Amy needed supplies for experiencing her menses. Luckily, none of the guys were ordering, or sipping tomato juice at the time.  Better, what if at that moment, Penny came by and asked who ordered the tomato juice, and all the guys point to Amy. We learn Amy is always packing, so she has no surprises. So, why did Amy need to check her drawers, she got this. Why check for leaks when you wrapped the damn?

Anyway, how did the women get to Vegas? The car drive is a b!t(h, I've done it. It took about 6 hours with traffic. A maybe 12 hour round trip for just a weekend? On the way you may pass a 'ghost town', and a Greek restaurant (they're everywhere), probably Mars, at least a hotdog stand. 

Further, Amy was custom made for Sheldon since season 6. They will go by train everywhere. As Sheldon and  Amy would say, "Woo Woo" and, "Whoo Hoo!" Regardless the liquid, Amy has troubles. 

In season 8 when planning their trip to Las Vegas didn't Penny say she was going to check for flight details. So maybe Amy was taken off the no-fly list

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

In season 8 when planning their trip to Las Vegas didn't Penny say she was going to check for flight details. So maybe Amy was taken off the no-fly list

Well, there's two ways to go. Either Amy was taken off the no fly list or the writers forgot they put Amy on the no fly list. I believe the later!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.