Episodic Errors

Molecules

6 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

In season 8 when planning their trip to Las Vegas didn't Penny say she was going to check for flight details. So maybe Amy was taken off the no-fly list

Great point! It seems there is a legal procedure to request getting off the no-fly list. Perhaps, your point creates an additional episodic error. I am going to use that.

24 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

In season 8 when planning their trip to Las Vegas didn't Penny say she was going to check for flight details. So maybe Amy was taken off the no-fly list

14 hours ago, Molecules said:

Great point! It seems there is a legal procedure to request getting off the no-fly list. Perhaps, your point creates an additional episodic error. I am going to use that.

Question: When Penny  first met Leonard she started working at the Cheesecake Factory. That was in 2007 However, in the episode when she proposes to Leonard after her failed cameo in NCIS she says she has been in Calif. for 10 years So how long did she work at the CF

14 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Question: When Penny  first met Leonard she started working at the Cheesecake Factory. That was in 2007 However, in the episode when she proposes to Leonard after her failed cameo in NCIS she says she has been in Calif. for 10 years So how long did she work at the CF

My brain does not work well with numbers, like dates. Penny was with Kurt for 4 years. Pre-Leonard, Penny was with Kurt, so she may have not even been working.  Yet if Kurt was the sole income source, then why did Penny have to lend Kurt. The prehistoric era is difficult to discern. We'd need to search for Kurt's primitive cave drawings, and try to decipher them for answers.

Edited by Molecules
Where I have gone before
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

I think she was working at the Cheesecake Factory before she met Leonard. So I would say she worked at the CF for at least 8 - 10 years! I know she started being a sales rep between the end of Season 7 and Episode 8-1.

1 minute ago, Molecules said:

My brain does not work well with numbers, like dates. Penny was with Kirk for 4 years. Pre-Leonard, Penny was with Kirk, so she may have not even been working.  Yet if Kirk was the sole income source, then why did Penny have to lend Kirk. The prehistoric era is difficult to discern. We'd need to search for Kirk's primitive cave drawings, and try to decipher them for answers.

His name was Kurt and she did work while living with him. She got off early one day and caught him having sex with another woman in their bed. Which was the reason she broke up with Kurt and moved.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chucky said:

I think she was working at the Cheesecake Factory before she met Leonard. So I would say she worked at the CF for at least 8 - 10 years! I know she started being a sales rep between the end of Season 7 and Episode 8-1.

His name was Kurt and she did work while living with him. She got off early one day and caught him having sex with another woman in their bed. Which was the reason she broke up with Kurt and moved.

Right on!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Right on!

14 hours ago, Mario D. said:

If you already knew the answer, then why ask the question? Oh, I know.

Edited by Molecules
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

This one may warm your heart, and It will burn Sheldon. (I may have written this one before) In season 8 episode 9, Sheldon states "You know who else said that? Every cocky T. Rex currently swimming around in the gas tank of your car". The misnomers of 'fossil' fuel, and Sinclair gasoline still exist. Just ask Bert. Fossil fuel never came from fossils. Just go to the La Brea tar pits. The only parking lot with tar oozing from below creating and simultaneously filling the cracks made. Yes, fossils have been pulled from the tar pits, because creatures fell in. Hence the pits existed before the dinosaurs, or there would be nothing in which to fall. It's more like the dino fell into the dipping sauce, but they did not make it. Crude oil came from plant life under pressure, like peat bogs. Then, "It's gonna take time, A whole lot of precious time. It's gonna take patience and time, mmm. To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it To do it right, child. Also, why were the dino bones left? Burn!

Fun Fact: Both living creatures and plants expel some carbon dioxide, but plants expel a net positive amount of oxygen. Phew, that was a close one. I have to catch my breath.  Plants need living creatures. They need a constant supply of carbon dioxide gas. Otherwise, plants would suffocate: all oxygen, and no carbon dioxide. Oxygen is a plant's waste product, and carbon dioxide is one of ours. Neat how this works out! Now let's fix global warming.

Edited by Molecules
  • Like 1

This one is irritating, and abrasive. In season 10 episode 13, Howard, an MIT trained  engineer, is perplexed by the baby room, and originally his one time baby room, having a squeaky floor. The squeaks are caused by wood on wood rubbing, as in bird calls. This is ridiculous. Segment solved: baby powder. Per This Old House, just sprinkle baby powder on the floor, work it in by sweeping into the floor cracks. Wood on wood friction abated. Squeaks abated. Be it floor bottom, or baby bottom, powder will reduce the noise. Like salt spilled, just throw some over your shoulder: Two birds one rock.  Besides they are already in the baby's room. They already use baby powder multiple times a day. All Howard needs to do is be his normally uncoordinated self, and simply spill some on the floor. I guess the principals behind the coefficient of friction were not taught at the Masters level. Howard really needed that PhD. 

Fun Fact: Baby powder is typically Talc powder (sans Asbestos). On the mineral hardness scale, Talc is the softest mined mineral, #1, and Diamond the hardest, #10. 

Edited by Molecules

On 12/5/2021 at 7:05 PM, Molecules said:

This one is irritating, and abrasive. In season 10 episode 13, Howard, an MIT trained  engineer, is perplexed by the baby room, and originally his one time baby room, having a squeaky floor. The squeaks are caused by wood on wood rubbing, as in bird calls. This is ridiculous. Segment solved: baby powder. Per This Old House, just sprinkle baby powder on the floor, work it in by sweeping into the floor cracks. Wood on wood friction abated. Squeaks abated. Be it floor bottom, or baby bottom, powder will reduce the noise. Like salt spilled, just throw some over your shoulder: Two birds one rock.  Besides they are already in the baby's room. They already use baby powder multiple times a day. All Howard needs to do is be his normally uncoordinated self, and simply spill some on the floor. I guess the principals behind the coefficient of friction were not taught at the Masters level. Howard really needed that PhD. 

Fun Fact: Baby powder is typically Talc powder (sans Asbestos). On the mineral hardness scale, Talc is the softest mined mineral, #1, and Diamond the hardest, #10. 

As much as you may be right about using baby powder to solve the floor squeak issue, the show was and is a comedy. Using the baby powder solution would not have been as funny as what they actually did in that episode. The writers were looking for laughs and they got them.

• Confused 1