Episodic Errors

Molecules

7 hours ago, Tensor said:

Actually, that's incorrect.  She did not wear a hidden dress in the sweat pants scene. She did wear a longish shirt, with the pants, but not long enough to be considered a dress.   She also only wore pants in the Big Bang Theory Super Bowl ad, when they were all dressed in football uniforms.  Her comments and take on it can be found in an article she wrote here.

Also as part of tznius, she normally keeps  her upper arms and shoulders covered.  However, in The Opening Night Excitation, she is laying in bed with the covers pulled up to cover her breasts, but her shoulders and upper arms are not covered.  In The Change Constant, she has her upper arms uncovered after getting her makeover.

In her personal life, she says she sometimes wears pants and leggings under a dress at home, but only wears dresses, and keeps her upper arms and shoulders covered in public.  However, she is aware that sometimes, in the profession she is in, pants and unclothed shoulders may have to happen. 

Speaking of the Super Bowl ad, for those that haven't seen it, it can be found here.

Also didn't she wear a shirt and leggings with sneakers in the scene with Howard in the lab?

On 12/22/2021 at 12:40 AM, Tensor said:

Actually, that's incorrect.  She did not wear a hidden dress in the sweat pants scene. She did wear a longish shirt, with the pants, but not long enough to be considered a dress.   She also only wore pants in the Big Bang Theory Super Bowl ad, when they were all dressed in football uniforms.  Her comments and take on it can be found in an article she wrote here.

Also as part of tznius, she normally keeps  her upper arms and shoulders covered.  However, in The Opening Night Excitation, she is laying in bed with the covers pulled up to cover her breasts, but her shoulders and upper arms are not covered.  In The Change Constant, she has her upper arms uncovered after getting her makeover.

In her personal life, she says she sometimes wears pants and leggings under a dress at home, but only wears dresses, and keeps her upper arms and shoulders covered in public.  However, she is aware that sometimes, in the profession she is in, pants and unclothed shoulders may have to happen. 

Speaking of the Super Bowl ad, for those that haven't seen it, it can be found here.

Skirt, or long shirt: potato potato. I get your point. Thank you greatly for the Super Bowl ad. I miss the show, as we all. Even a tiny morsel leaves a hunger for more. "Please sir, I want some more".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Molecules said:

Even a tiny morsel leaves a hunger for more. "Please sir, I want some more".

Here's two you may not have seen.  

The first, is a full episode of The Late, Late Show, with Craig Ferguson.   It includes a skit with Craig being interviewed by the guys, to fill in for Kaley.  All five were scheduled to be on the show, and then Kaley had broken her leg in the horse accident.  She was still in the hospital at the time of this taping.  Besides that skit, it has another skit with Simon, Kunal, and Craig, with a couple of other people.   There are also the normal talk show interviews with Jim and Johnny.  

And, second,  is the cold open and first part of the 2012 People's Choice awards, where Kaley hosted for the first time. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tensor said:

Here's two you may not have seen.  

The first, is a full episode of The Late, Late Show, with Craig Ferguson.   It includes a skit with Craig being interviewed by the guys, to fill in for Kaley.  All five were scheduled to be on the show, and then Kaley had broken her leg in the horse accident.  She was still in the hospital at the time of this taping.  Besides that skit, it has another skit with Simon, Kunal, and Craig, with a couple of other people.   There are also the normal talk show interviews with Jim and Johnny.  

And second, is the cold open and first part of the 2012 People's Choice awards, where Kaley hosted for the first time. 

I fondly remember the second one. She was great in the People's Choice Awards.

• 2 weeks later...

((Warning: This is under construction))

Caution: police line: you better not cross
Is the cop or am I the one that's
Really dangerous?
Sanitation, Expiration date, Question everything
Or shut up and be a victim of authority

Borrowed from a Speech: “To be, or not to be, that is the question”

Borrowed from some guy who might send me a Bill, and forth wit Shake a Speare at me, in anger

(from Green Eggs and Hamlet, spoken by the Hamlet, and not the Egglet)

To eat, or not to eat, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind of Sheldon to suffer
The skewers and arrows of outrageous misfortune,
Or to take in his arms a sea of Tribbles
And by opposing end them. To die—to sleep of his hunger,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks of mouse and electrified metal floor: vacillation
That flesh is heir to: 'tis a consummation, or not a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep, perchance to dream of a final resolution—ay, there's the rub, or not the rub, of the shrimp:
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us the Pringles—there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.
For who would bear the chips and corns of timely consumption,
Th'oppressor's wrong, the proud man's consumely,
The pangs of hunger, of dispriz'd love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th'unworthy out-takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? Who would fartlets bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary strife,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovere'd country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ill fartlets we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience doth make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action.

Okay, if a chicken tries to peck out Mozart on a toy piano, you can't fault, or foul, the fowl. You can only applaud the effart. 

The episodic error, is Sheldon's favorite ingredient of Pringles is its uniformity, yet Sheldon despises shrimp uniformity at Professor Rothman's retirement party, and refuses consumption, over creating refuse. If all Sheldon had were shrimp on Pringles, as a mouse on an electrified floor, his vacillation would result in his death by starvation, or eventual consumption of the  foul food, resulting, once again, in death. 

Posted (edited)

Nerd Alert: The Ultimate in Beauty and Brains. In Star Trek, the original series, Nona, the Kahn-ut-tu woman, wife of Tyree (The 2nd luckiest Tyree, after NYG David Tyree) who cured Kirk from the Mugato bite. Was played by Nancy Kovack. Nancy Kovack began college at 15, and graduated from U. of Michigan at 19. She wed maestro Zubin Mehta of the NY Philharmonic. Makes me wish that the Mugato bit me. 

Edited by Molecules

Indulge me. There was recent inadequate news coverage of the recent death of a childhood hero, one time NY Giant and , a year later, the first signed player of the 'new' Titans of New York, later called the NY Jets. He was so much more. Don Maynard was a Genius. He was a hurdler. This made him more evasive on the field. He drove from Texas for his try out with the NY Giants in a pick up truck he adapted to use Propane gas. He converted truck fleets off season. He was a NY Giant for only a year. The Giants head coach told Don to loose his side burns, cowboy boots, and big Texas sized belt buckle, or leave. This man of integrity, kept everything except the team, and moved on to the Titans (get it 'Giants' 'Titans' an enormous play on words). Don Maynard is still the all time leader in receiver stats for the Jets. Don Maynard was a fast runner, on and off the field. In the early days of the Jets, those players that got to the bank first, cashed their paychecks. The money ran out for the slower team members. Don Maynard was an innovator: He did away with his chin strap, and used cheek pads to keep his helmet on his head. He used long socks to protect his legs-still used today. He had his jersey made longer ,to stop getting mud down his pants-still used today. He was tired of getting horse collar tackles, so he had his jersey altered from a crew neck to a 'V' neck- still the industry standard. Look at his New York Jets images, and see the lack of a chin strap, and use of the protruding white cheek pads. See his proudly displayed side burns ( with all the hair styles allowed today). Had Don  Maynard remained a NY Giant, the number 13 would have been retired, and the great Odell Beckham Jr would have used a different number on the Giants besides 13, like a 'B' for Beckham. Odell hides 'B's in some of his autographs. I hope Don Maynard died with his boots on, big Texas belt buckle, and side burns. Happy trails cowboy! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Molecules said:

Indulge me. There was recent inadequate news coverage of the recent death of a childhood hero, one time NY Giant and , a year later, the first signed player of the 'new' Titans of New York, later called the NY Jets. He was so much more. Don Maynard was a Genius. He was a hurdler. This made him more evasive on the field. He drove from Texas for his try out with the NY Giants in a pick up truck he adapted to use Propane gas. He converted truck fleets off season. He was a NY Giant for only a year. The Giants head coach told Don to loose his side burns, cowboy boots, and big Texas sized belt buckle, or leave. This man of integrity, kept everything except the team, and moved on to the Titans (get it 'Giants' 'Titans' an enormous play on words). Don Maynard is still the all time leader in receiver stats for the Jets. Don Maynard was a fast runner, on and off the field. In the early days of the Jets, those players that got to the bank first, cashed their paychecks. The money ran out for the slower team members. Don Maynard was an innovator: He did away with his chin strap, and used cheek pads to keep his helmet on his head. He used long socks to protect his legs-still used today. He had his jersey made longer ,to stop getting mud down his pants-still used today. He was tired of getting horse collar tackles, so he had his jersey altered from a crew neck to a 'V' neck- still the industry standard. Look at his New York Jets images, and see the lack of a chin strap, and use of the protruding white cheek pads. See his proudly displayed side burns ( with all the hair styles allowed today). Had Don  Maynard remained a NY Giant, the number 13 would have been retired, and the great Odell Beckham Jr would have used a different number on the Giants besides 13, like a 'B' for Beckham. Odell hides 'B's in some of his autographs. I hope Don Maynard died with his boots on, big Texas belt buckle, and side burns. Happy trails cowboy! 

I was and still am a NY Giant fan and Don Maynard was a favorite of mine even though it was for only a year. So, Don R.I.P. with your no. 13 on

2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I was and still am a NY Giant fan and Don Maynard was a favorite of mine even though it was for only a year. So, Don R.I.P. with your no. 13 on

Jets, Namath, Maynard and Sauer. One of the best Quarterback and receiver combos in pro football history.

• Like 2

I have tried to locate the Sheldon line, where he uses a 'can' instead of the correct 'may'. ('Can' inquires about an ability. 'May' requests permission. ) The series has many grammar errors, although Leonard may ask, "What am I talking about?" These are excusable by all cast characters, excluding Shamy. 

I have problems with Sheldon's can. I can't tolerate Sheldon's can. May I tell a tail about Sheldon's can? I would prefer telling a tail on Penny's can. You see, it is expected for Penny to occasionally use her  figurative can. Penny's can is tolerated and cuter, when used,  than Sheldon's can. Sheldon should never use his can, especially inappropriately. . It is idiotic for Sheldon to improperly use his can, whereass Penny may use her can nearly whenever she wants, with, may I point out,  greater approval of her can. Cookie Monster would agree. Sadly, this is as close as I can get to Penny's can. I'll just move on, and leave it behind me. 

Edited by Molecules
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Molecules said:

I have tried to locate the Sheldon line, where he uses a 'can' instead of the correct 'may'. ('Can' inquires about an ability. 'May' requests permission. ) The series has many grammar errors, although Leonard may ask, "What am I talking about?" These are excusable by all cast characters, excluding Shamy. 

I have problems with Sheldon's can. I can't tolerate Sheldon's can. May I tell a tail about Sheldon's can? I would prefer telling a tail on Penny's can. You see, it is expected for Penny to occasionally use her  figurative can. Penny's can is tolerated and cuter, when used,  than Sheldon's can. Sheldon should never use his can, especially inappropriately. . It is idiotic for Sheldon to improperly use his can, whereass Penny may use her can nearly whenever she wants, with, may I point out,  greater approval of her can. Cookie Monster would agree. Sadly, this is as close as I can get to Penny's can. I'll just move on, and leave it behind me. 

But Penny has a more discernable butt print

• Haha 1

...And Now, For Something Completely Different...
In season 7, episode 12, The Hesitation Ramification, Sheldon seeks a theory of comedy, and attempts to create the greatest joke ever. This is distilled from a Monty Python skit, The Funniest Joke in the World. 

In season 8, episode 13, The Anxiety Optimization,  Sheldon requests his friends to challenge his assertions to irritate him to increase his mental acuity. The guys immediately start in by arguing the very assertion . This is from an old Mont1y Python skit. The Argument Clinic. ...where Sheldon has heard a discouraging word, and the skies are not cloudy all day.

Long ago, I briefly met Terry Gilliam. I waited until his crew and he finished their late night meal, and approached. I told him he looked a lot like Terry Gilliam. He said, "Funny, that's what my mother always says". He graciously drew a caricature of me with his autograph, and one for my cousin. I stole his time, like a Time Bandit. 

Edited by Molecules