Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Molecules

Episodic Errors

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2020 at 3:17 PM, Mario D. said:

So, this means to me that all four of the guys have seen Penny naked in one form or another.

Nope. Topless and naked are two different things.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Nope. Topless and naked a two different things.

I did clarify it by saying "in one form or another" and not totally naked

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I did clarify it by saying "in one form or another" and not totally naked

You're right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In the episode when Sheldon cautions Raj about his apartment once being an old watch factory using Radium in the process, there was a lesson learned long ago.  I believe it was the first episode of the second season. A watch factory, long ago, employed many young ladies to paint the glowing Radium on the watch dials. The ladies would systematically place the tiny brushes in their mouths to achieve a fine point. The ladies began to have problems. Teeth fell out, jaw issues, and death. A New Jersey medical examiner discovered how lethal this was, when he placed some of the ladies' bones on undeveloped photographic film, and then developed the images. The Radium in 'their bones created an 'X-ray' of their bones by the Radium radiation that persisted, after their deaths. I believe it persists for about 1600 years. I believe there is a PBS documentary, book, and 2018 movie about this. I know this is not comical, but true.  May they all continue to rest in peace.

Edited by Molecules
mistake
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

May I write this? I think I can. I feel like William Safire On Language, or EB White/William Strunk Jr, from Elements of Style.  In the episode where Howard and Bernadette force their neighbor to tear down his  spotlight balcony, Sheldon uses incorrect grammar, twice. He even  repeats the exact same error, each time. When Leonard possibly comes down with a cold, Sheldon becomes a Purell Pez dispenser. After everyone got a blast, Sheldon asks if he CAN top anyone off. Of course, he CAN top them off, he just did. Sheldon should have said MAY I. MAY asks permission. CAN asks if he is capable/able to. Later, in the same episode, Sheldon inquires whether Howard CAN walk over to him at the doorway to Howard's back deck. Of course, Howard is capable of walking over, and Sheldon knows this. Sheldon should have asked Howard if he would, or might come over. I know it's just semantics, but I can't help it. May I have your forgiveness? 

Edited by Molecules
error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2020 at 10:11 PM, Molecules said:

May I write this? I think I can. I feel like William Safire On Language, or EB White/William Strunk Jr, from Elements of Style.  In the episode where Howard and Bernadette force their neighbor to tear down his  spotlight balcony, Sheldon uses incorrect grammar, twice. He even  repeats the exact same error, each time. When Leonard possibly comes down with a cold, Sheldon becomes a Purell Pez dispenser. After everyone got a blast, Sheldon asks if he CAN top anyone off. Of course, he CAN top them off, he just did. Sheldon should have said MAY I. MAY asks permission. CAN asks if he is capable/able to. Later, in the same episode, Sheldon inquires whether Howard CAN walk over to him at the doorway to Howard's back deck. Of course, Howard is capable of walking over, and Sheldon knows this. Sheldon should have asked Howard if he would, or might come over. I know it's just semantics, but I can't help it. May I have your forgiveness? 

Formally speaking, you are right about the uses of can and may, But in life and sitcoms, speaking is not so formal in everyday conversation. So, in my opinion, it's not that big of a deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, chucky said:

Formally speaking, you are right about the uses of can and may, But in life and sitcoms, speaking is not so formal in everyday conversation. So, in my opinion, it's not that big of a deal. 

I respectfully disagree. Yes, it is not that big a deal, but it is for Sheldon. Sheldon always corrects poor grammar. For example, Barry asked Sheldon whether Sheldon gave it to Amy GOOD, and Sheldon corrected, saying 'no, I gave it to her well'. Also, Leonard tends to end sentences with a preposition. What's that about! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Molecules said:

I respectfully disagree. Yes, it is not that big a deal, but it is for Sheldon. Sheldon always corrects poor grammar. For example, Barry asked Sheldon whether Sheldon gave it to Amy GOOD, and Sheldon corrected, saying 'no, I gave it to her well'. Also, Leonard tends to end sentences with a preposition. What's that about! 

That's just the writers that don't know the rules of grammar or episode continuation. Personally, I really don't care what they write as long as it's funny. I have my problems with the writers on other items. I've ranted enough about them over the last couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, chucky said:

That's just the writers that don't know the rules of grammar or episode continuation. Personally, I really don't care what they write as long as it's funny. I have my problems with the writers on other items. I've ranted enough about them over the last couple of years.

We are fans. It was a great show. At times, I feel like the monkey grooming the show, to comb through its fur, occasionally munching on a newly revealed  morsel of tick, or flea. Alternatively, perhaps, Jim Parson said the wrong lines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Molecules said:

We are fans. It was a great show. At times, I feel like the monkey grooming the show, to comb through its fur, occasionally munching on a newly revealed  morsel of tick, or flea. Alternatively, perhaps, Jim Parson said the wrong lines. 

Did he? We'll never know for sure. If he said the wrong lines, I'm sure the director would probably redo it if it really mattered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In the Professor Proton funeral episode, Penny tells Leonard she could not even cry when her pet pig died- they just had a barbeque. Yet, in the episode 'The Bachelor Party Corrosion', her father, Wyatt, fears informing Penny that her pet pig, Moondance, was killed in his tractor accident. Penny was upset. This little piggy was roast meat, This little piggy was none, and all the other piggies went wee, wee, wee, all the way home.

Edited by Molecules
[sp]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In the episode concerning Dr Plimpton (aka Dr Slutbunny, per Penny), when faced with a potential 4 way with Dr Slutbunny, Howard initially raises his hand to join, but, when alerted by Leonard as to 'three men in a tub', has a sudden change of heart, and places his hand down. Yet, at Howard's Bachelor Party, Raj tells of Howard  having a 3 way with Sailor Moon. How does Howard change his mind? I think it would be easier to change his religion, or  political affiliation. Perhaps, Howard is Fine with Raj, but not Leonard. (Calling Dr Howard, calling Dr Fine, calling Dr Howard, calling MISTER Wolowitz.) (Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk) To summarize, Leonard had the good doctor, and gave it to her well. Raj had the good doctor, and gave it to her well. Howard was left just holding his Kosher Dill, and gave it to himself, as well. 

In the episode where Zack is concerned the guys might be blowing up the moon, It looks like Sheldon is removing a slice from the toaster, using metal tongs. For many reasons Sheldon would never use metal tongs in an electrical device. Shocking.

Edited by Molecules
more stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Molecules said:

It looks like Sheldon is removing a slice from the toaster, using metal tongs.

Don't remember that. Guess I'll have to rewatch it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2020 at 4:55 PM, Molecules said:

In the Professor Proton funeral episode, Penny tells Leonard she could not even cry when her pet pig died- they just had a barbeque. Yet, in the episode 'The Bachelor Party Corrosion', her father, Wyatt, fears informing Penny that her pet pig, Moondance, was killed in his tractor accident. Penny was upset. This little piggy was roast meat, This little piggy was none, and all the other piggies went wee, wee, wee, all the way home.

Penny mentions another pet pig, by name, other than Moondance,  in one of the early seasons.   Give me some time and I'll have it for you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tensor said:

Penny mentions another pet pig, by name, other than Moondance,  in one of the early seasons.   Give me some time and I'll have it for you.  

Are you sure her other pig's name wasn't simply 'Delicious'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Molecules said:

Are you sure her other pig's name wasn't simply 'Delicious'?

Lol, it just might be.   Or, they changed the name to Delicious, posthumously.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Lol, it just might be.   Or, they changed the name to Delicious, posthumously.  

Posthumously, it could be called 'Belch', or 'Fart'. It depends whether it's coming, or going.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yoo Hoo, Sheldon made an error. In season 10, in the episode  where Sheldon is run down, and hallucinates The Flash talking him into using an Energy Drink, Sheldon does not want caffeine. He only drinks Yoo Hoo. Now Sheldon has demonstrated that he can recite ingredients labels from memory. Sheldon should have known his Yoo Hoo contains cocoa (Chocolate), and it contains caffeine and another stimulant called theobromine. Another is theophylline found in tea. Fun facts: caffeine peaks at about 1 hour, and theophylline tea at about 2 hours. Caffeine is a laxative, and tea binds. So you can regulate the bowel better than the Dr Plimpton yogurt by your choice, whether you are coming, or  going . It all depends on whether the chocolate train has trouble leaving the station, or is running to quickly ahead of schedule, and we all know how fond Sheldon is of trains, and schedules. (Woo, Woo. Yoo Hoo.)

Edited by Molecules
[sp]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the Valentine's Day episode when Sheldon's foursome went on a train ride, Leonard tried to coax Penny to be naughty and do it on Sheldon's spot. ( Technically, perhaps ,an in absentia threesome) Penny states that is the least possible sexy idea. Yet in another episode, the couple started in Sheldon's spot, when Howard made an unannounced intrusion, coitus interruptus, and engaged in conversation with the couple, staying , and returning to make scrambled eggs and salami the following morning. Is Sheldon's spot sometimes an aphrodisiac, and others not so much? It is a woman's prerogative to change her mind, but for what reason? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the episode where Howard repairs Raj's remote helicopter, Howard finally succumbs to calling tech support. On hold, the solo intro to Chuck Mangione's 'Feels so Good' (Sheldon might argue "Feels so Well') is playing . Sheldon comments that it is horrible noise. Yet, in another episode, Sheldon is mimicking playing the fugle horn, while humming the exact same jazz classic to Amy. Sheldon made a 180 turn, and did not acknowledge the change of opinion. Sheldon would have remembered his disapproval. Sheldon may have a perfect memory, but not perfect pitch. Feels so Tinny, Feels so Bad. Fun Facts: The jazz electric guitar solo is by Grant Geissman . He co-wrote the theme, and (I presume music) for Chuck Lorre's '2 1/2 Men' show. 'All My Tomorrows' is one of his great electric guitar jazz albums, as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernadette graduated with a PhD in microbiology, yet never worked on an antibacterial, fungal, or viral med. Although, she was quarantined for dropping a tray of infectious specimens. She worked on everything else. A biochemist would be better suited. 

Edited by Molecules
more stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Molecules said:

Bernadette graduated with a PhD in microbiology, yet never worked on an antibacterial, fungal, or viral med. Although, she was quarantined for dropping a tray of infectious specimens. She worked on everything else. A biochemist would be better suited. 

Yeah, that puzzled me as well. But, that's TV writers for you. 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.