The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Molecules

Episodic Errors

4 hours ago, Molecules said:

So, you think it is incompetence, and not smart planning by the writers?

Yep. Those writers only did what Chuck and the other head honchos told them to do. I guess that's the way it's suppose to be done. 

Not sure if this one meets approval. It's a stretch. In the Star Wars premiere episode, when Shamy make the beast with 2 backs, Howard says 'T' minus 15 minutes, before the launch of the movie. Yet, in the episode where Howard and Sheldon try to launch a model rocket, Howard uses 'L' minus, because it is a launch. I guess Howard is more likely to get the launching of his rocket 'straight', when it involves Raj, as in their dueling light saber belt buckles. They  were moved by the  Force.  

Another example of the writers failing to continue a thought line.

Posted (edited)

In the episode where Howard was mad that his mom bought Stuart 4 ply toilet paper, Howard asked why she did not buy Stuart an Angora Rabbit. Raj said, because they have teeth and bite. FUNny Fact: A Bear and an Angora Bunny were taking a dump in the woods. Mr bear turns to Mr bunny, and asks "Mr bunny, does poop stick to your fur?" Mr bunny looks up at Mr bear, and replies, "Why, yes poop does stick to my fur." ...and so, the bear picked up the bunny, and wiped his butt with him. ...The End.

Edited by Molecules
[sp]

7 hours ago, Molecules said:

In the episode where Howard was mad that his mom bought Stuart 4 ply toilet paper, Howard asked why she did not buy Stuart an Angora Rabbit. Raj said, because they have teeth and bite. FUNny Fact: A Bear and an Angora Bunny were taking a dump in the woods. Mr bear turns to Mr bunny, and asks "Mr bunny, does poop stick to your fur?" Mr bunny looks up at Mr bear, and replies, "Why, yes poop does stick to my fur." ...and so, the bear picked up the bunny, and wiped his butt with him. ...The End.

Nice! 😊

In the episode concerning Prof Roger Babbit, the guys agree to open the champagne bottle, left by Roger, when they have their first notable discovery. I know Sheldon popped the cork, but it can be recorked. Also if Sheldon was so scared when Amy popped the streamer tiny bottle, then why would he later like the pop sound of a real champagne bottle? Why would Sheldon; deliberately scare himself? Why did they not use it with their discoveries? Not even a Noble? Cheers! (Filmed in front of a live audience- as Mrs Petrescu  would say.)

9 hours ago, Molecules said:

I know Sheldon popped the cork, but it can be recorked. Also if Sheldon was so scared when Amy popped the streamer tiny bottle, then why would he later like the pop sound of a real champagne bottle? 

As I've said numerous times, the writers either couldn't remember what they previously wrote or just didn't care. Both are sad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chucky said:

As I've said numerous times, the writers either couldn't remember what they previously wrote or just didn't care. Both are sad.

To add how about this query:  In  S1 E16  The Peanut Reaction  Penny kisses Leonard passionately for his birthday. But wasn't she still dating this guy Mike? So is this considered cheating?  However, when Leonard kissed Mandy on his North Sea expedition many people thought that he cheated on Penny. Is there a double standard here or just another continuity error

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

To add how about this query:  In  S1 E16  The Peanut Reaction  Penny kisses Leonard passionately for his birthday. But wasn't she still dating this guy Mike? So is this considered cheating?  However, when Leonard kissed Mandy on his North Sea expedition many people thought that he cheated on Penny. Is there a double standard here or just another continuity error

Actually, both.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have a bone of contention. I have a bone to pick here. In the episode where the Penny and Amy are deciding where to go and force their men to attend, Penny suggests horse back riding, but Amy states she can not. Amy claims she has a 22 degree angle of thigh separation. This is a lie. First, Amy (and Mayim Bialik) are both Neuroscientists. They each should know that females are capable of much more than a 22 degree angle. The thigh bone (Femur) of females allow a wider opening than the male femur. That is why females are able to do more complete splits, than males, in general. Yes, the male and female femur, like other bones, have anatomical gender differences. Further, Amy states, in another episode, that she enjoys playing the game twister, alone, and could only be more fun with others. If Amy had such a restrictive thigh opening, she could not do the twister moves with her legs. I believe I just picked that bone clean. As Penny added, "Yeah, you pick that bone. You pick that bone clean!"  To quote the Great Dr Stephen Hawking, "It was quite a boner". 

On 8/19/2020 at 8:10 AM, Mario D. said:

Nice. Penny can be slutty. Search on line for an unaired pilot scene six, and see how slutty the 'original' Penny was meant to be. 

Edited by Molecules
[sp]

3 hours ago, Molecules said:

Penny can be slutty.

Young Penny could be a bit slutty. She dressed that way as well. Married Penny was more reserved and refined.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chucky said:

Young Penny could be a bit slutty. She dressed that way as well. Married Penny was more reserved and refined.

Agreed. Hopefully, Mommy Penny would be even better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Molecules said:

Agreed. Hopefully, Mommy Penny would be even better. 

Mommy Penny, in my opinion, would be an awesome mom. She and Leonard would ensure their children were happy and had a better childhood than they did. They know exactly what not to do. God help the parents of any kid that bullies their children. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here is one to chew on, and try to digest. In the episode where Howard is about to invite all to eat the last food cooked by his mother, because the power went out and the food was defrosting. Raj told Howard and Bernie that you can not refreeze the food, because the taste and texture would be diminished. Bernie, the Microbiologist, did not state the most important factor. Every 20 minutes bacteria double in number, when not refrigerated, and refreezing just traps the bacteria for continued growth later. The bacteria can produce toxins. There are heat labile, and heat stabile toxins produced by various bacteria, like the botulinum toxin in botulism (Clostridium botulinum). Smearing botulinum toxin on the forehead will not reduce wrinkles topically. The neuro toxin must be injected subcutaneously. Heating cold food can kill off the heat labile toxins, but not the heat stabile ones. Anyway, Bernie should have spilled the beans. Otherwise, the whole gang could have been hastily trotting home. Giddy yap! Clogzilla Strikes Again!

Edited by Molecules
[sp]
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Molecules said:

Giddy yap! Clogzilla Strikes Again

Funny. 

Posted (edited)

I'll take a shot at this one. In an episode, where Sheldon teaches Leonard about football, Sheldon also tells Leonard that Sheldon could also teach Leonard to shoot so close to a racoon that it will crap itself. Now, FIRST Sheldon should know that racoons are nocturnal. If you see a racoon in daylight it is very likely to be rabid (have rabies), and it may just be crapping itself, because it is diseased, and not out of fear (except for hydrophobia ('fear' of water) the classic symptom and alternate name for rabies). You also do not want to anger it by shooting at it. Rabid creatures foam at the mouth and are crazy, and may chase you and bite you. Thus passing on the rabies to Sheldon. Sheldon is crazy enough without rabies. I know, Sheldon is not crazy. his mother had him tested. Further, if Sheldon did shoot a rabid day dweller and it turned to chase Sheldon (Like the childhood chicken treeing), then Sheldon might crap himself, too. The funny thing is that Sheldon would likely not be as upset with soiling himself, as he would likely be by disrupting his bathroom schedule. Remember his revelation that "pooping where you eat" was not literal, but symbolic. SECONDLY, If Sheldon is such an accurate shot , then why did they need Penny's sharpshooting abilities in paintball? As James Earl Jones might say , 'Aih, yaih, aih, Bang Bang!"

Edited by Molecules
more stuff
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Molecules said:

I'll take a shot at this one. In an episode, where Sheldon teaches Leonard about football, Sheldon also tells Leonard that Sheldon could also teach Leonard to shoot so close to a racoon that it will crap itself. Now, FIRST Sheldon should know that racoons are nocturnal. If you see a racoon in daylight it is very likely to be rabid (have rabies), and it may just be crapping itself, because it is diseased, and not out of fear (except for hydrophobia ('fear' of water) the classic symptom and alternate name for rabies). You also do not want to anger it by shooting at it. Rabid creatures foam at the mouth and are crazy, and may chase you and bite you. Thus passing on the rabies to Sheldon. Sheldon is crazy enough without rabies. SECONDLY, If Sheldon is such an accurate shot , then why did they need Penny's sharpshooting abilities in paintball? As James Earl Jones might say , 'Aih, yaih, aih, Bang Bang!"

Okay Dokay 

Posted (edited)

In the 3rd season opener, Sheldon tells Howard, and Raj, he may footnote their assistance in his memoir, but not in his Noble Prize acceptance speech, yet that is just what Sheldon ultimately did for Astronaut Howard Wolowitz, et al. 

Edited by Molecules
mistake

Per Leonard, Howard is afraid of loud noises, clowns, and nuns. Yet, he dressed as a jester for a Renaissance Fair. He literally embodied his fear. Also, Howard turned to ask a pair of nuns how they were, when fearful of talking to Summer Glau. 

Sheldon states in an episode that , along with religion, his mother has a mild Dr Pepper addiction. Yet, in another episode, where Howard is dressed like someone from 'Toy Story', Mrs Cooper asks if anyone wants something to drink. Howard has a hankering for a Lone Star beer, then a diet Yoo-Hoo, but she ultimately only offers a Coke. You would think it would be a Dr Pepper. Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper, too?

Posted (edited)

In the episode when Leonard tells Penny, "I love you", and Penny replies, "Thank you", Raj later inquires of Leonard if he put on her panties...it happens. Leonard replies no. Yet, on the Thanksgiving episode where Howard meets Elon Musk washing dishes, and shares a half eaten slice of pie found in the trash, The gang arrives to witness Leonard wearing Penny's lingerie, and shaking it in her face.

In the episode where Dr Plimpton is trying to start a 4 way. Howard immediately raises his hand, only to drop it when Leonard reminds him that they would all be naked together. Yet, at Howard's Bachelor Party, Raj tells of a 3 way with Sailor Moon. I guess Sheldon was right to say more does not always mean merrier. 

When you think of it, Howard was the only one of the three not to be with Dr Plimpton, or Penny. Even Sheldon got a hand full and eye full of Penny. Penny makes you think of soup. The hero always peeks. Even Stewart Bloom had at least a make out session, while being called Leonard.  Even Amy grabbed something during their slumber party. As Howard would say, "What the Frack". Yes, no Frack for you. 

Edited by Molecules
more stuffing

8 hours ago, Molecules said:

In the episode when Leonard tells Penny, "I love you", and Penny replies, "Thank you", Raj later inquires of Leonard if he put on her panties...it happens. Leonard replies no. Yet, on the Thanksgiving episode where Howard meets Elon Musk washing dishes, and shares a half eaten slice of pie found in the trash, The gang arrives to witness Leonard wearing Penny's lingerie, and shaking it in her face.

In the episode where Dr Plimpton is trying to start a 4 way. Howard immediately raises his hand, only to drop it when Leonard reminds him that they would all be naked together. Yet, at Howard's Bachelor Party, Raj tells of a 3 way with Sailor Moon. I guess Sheldon was right to say more does not always mean merrier. 

When you think of it, Howard was the only one of the three not to be with Dr Plimpton, or Penny. Even Sheldon got a hand full and eye full of Penny. The hero always peeks. As Howard would say, "What the Frack". Yes, no Frack for you. 

But I think Howard did see Penny topless  when her and Sheldon were talking while Leonard was away she admitted she did the Serial Apist movie and Sheldon said Howard went to go find it as soon as Penny left the apt. So, I guess all four of them have seen Penny in the buff in one way or another.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

But I think Howard did see Penny topless  when her and Sheldon were talking while Leonard was away she admitted she did the Serial Apist movie and Sheldon said Howard went to go find it as soon as Penny left the apt. So, I guess all four of them have seen Penny in the buff in one way or another.

Yep.

8 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Yeah, but he's probably the only one that didn't get a feel of her boobs.   I say probably, because there isn't a hard confirmation of Raj doing it, but if he and Penny were naked in bed, getting ready to have sex, I'd say he probably did have a squeeze or two.