The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Molecules

Episodic Errors

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

Yeah, but he's probably the only one that didn't get a feel of her boobs.   I say probably, because there isn't a hard confirmation of Raj doing it, but if he and Penny were naked in bed, getting ready to have sex, I'd say he probably did have a squeeze or two.  

Yes, that is my points. All have seen Penny, but Howard only had contact with Penny's fist.

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

Yeah, but he's probably the only one that didn't get a feel of her boobs.   I say probably, because there isn't a hard confirmation of Raj doing it, but if he and Penny were naked in bed, getting ready to have sex, I'd say he probably did have a squeeze or two.  

That might be a little conjecture on your part and also a little hard to hear but since Raj fumbled his way to put on the condom I suspect he might have fumbled that as well

Posted (edited)

In the  episode where Leonard brings over someone Sheldon is playing Nintendo, and offers Leonard to come play. Leonard says I have someone with me, Sheldon says I have a third controller, "The More The Merrier". This is in contrast to the episode where Bernadette was introduced to the gang. Sheldon balks at the disruption, and Penny replies "The More The Merrier". Sheldon points out hat it is not necessarily true, and gives reasons. In both situations, it only meant one more person. Many things can be More and Merry: Robin Hood's Merry men, Merry elves, and Merry Christmas.

Later in the same episode Penny tries to explain to Sheldon that "Love trumps hate". I think this might have ben an Episodic Error. We know Penny believes in Psychics, and fortune telling . Perhaps Penny was saying: "Trump hates love", or "Trump loves hate", or "Hate loves Trump", or "Love hates Trump". Perhaps, Penny was right all along by saying "Love trumps hate".

Edited by Molecules
extraneous spittle

1 hour ago, Molecules said:

In the  episode where Leonard brings over someone Sheldon is playing Nintendo, and offers Leonard to come play. Leonard says I have someone with me, Sheldon says I have a third controller, "The More The Merrier". This is in contrast to the episode where Bernadette was introduced to the gang. Sheldon balks at the disruption, and Penny replies "The More The Merrier". Sheldon points out hat it is not necessarily true, and gives reasons. In both situations, it only meant one more person. Many things can be Merry: Robin Hood's Merry men, Merry elves, and Merry Christmas.

Later in the same episode Penny tries to explain to Sheldon that "Love trumps hate". I think this might have ben an Episodic Error. We know Penny believes in Psychics, and fortune telling . Perhaps Penny was saying: "Trump hates love", or "Trump loves hate", or "Hate loves Trump", or "Love hates Trump". Perhaps, Penny was right all along by saying "Love trumps hate".

Penny is right, Love Trumps Hate in most cases. 

In an episode where Penny and Leonard tell the gang of their chopping down and bringing home a Christmas tree, they had a struggle hoisting it upstairs. I would like to hold out an olive branch, but Leonard is a physicist. He should have realized he should have turned the tree around. It is like pulling an umbrella upside down. It will catch on everything. Maybe the critter, within the tree, hindered them further by latching onto the stairs for dear life, as they pulled. Tree-mendous! 

Found one tonight, watching on TBS.  The Comic Book Store Regeneration.   Penny was thinking of the various tests that Amy performed on her (putting scissors together, arranging coins by size, getting the banana out of the box).   When the showed the coin sizing test, Amy explains she has to sort them by size, but she has something in her eye, and asks Penny to do it.  Amy is holding her glasses, and rubbing her eye, and when she pushes the coins toward Penny, she uses her hand with the glasses.  As she pushes the coins, her forefinger goes through the frame, where the glass should be. She quickly takes her finger out, but it was visible.    

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Tensor said:

Found one tonight, watching on TBS.  The Comic Book Store Regeneration.   Penny was thinking of the various tests that Amy performed on her (putting scissors together, arranging coins by size, getting the banana out of the box).   When the showed the coin sizing test, Amy explains she has to sort them by size, but she has something in her eye, and asks Penny to do it.  Amy is holding her glasses, and rubbing her eye, and when she pushes the coins toward Penny, she uses her hand with the glasses.  As she pushes the coins, her forefinger goes through the frame, where the glass should be. She quickly takes her finger out, but it was visible.    

I didn't catch that.

In sequential episodes, in the second season, Leonard and Dr Stephanie went to her  bedroom. In the first episode, they were eating lasagna at Dr Stephanie's home, and became quickly amorous. Leonard commented that he would have swallowed  the lasagna whole, if he knew she was waiting. In the next episode Leonard was at his home, and she wanted to get busy in the bedroom. Leonard commented that he just ate, and didn't he need to wait an hour. She commented that is only for swimming. They then dashed to his bedroom. Now, what's up with that? Is there something magical about Dr Stephanie's bedroom vs Leonard's? Did Leonard forget the lasagna session? Granted it is thought that immediately after sex, a male will get sleepy, and stupid, but that would not last for the next day. I also believe the effect of wanting sleep could have survival implications. For possible propagation of a species, it would be beneficial to have the couple sleep together for a time, after the coitus. Did Leonard think Dr Stephanie spiked the lasagna with counteractive meds? Was Leonard trying to back off coitus in the second episode? Most disturbing is that we know about 'Quick as Light Leonard', and his faster than 'The Flash' delivery system. Granted, at least one time Leonard had leg cramps, and that could be more an arterial flow problem that should be further diagnosed, especially at his age. Therefore, why would Leonard ever worry about potential cramps (as in swimming), because Leonard only demonstrates the swimming equivalent of  just barely dipping his 'toe' in the water, and he is done swimming. Always remember to wear your water wings for protection, even if, like Leonard, you are only quickly dipping your toe.

On 9/16/2020 at 9:25 PM, Tensor said:

Found one tonight, watching on TBS.  The Comic Book Store Regeneration.   Penny was thinking of the various tests that Amy performed on her (putting scissors together, arranging coins by size, getting the banana out of the box).   When the showed the coin sizing test, Amy explains she has to sort them by size, but she has something in her eye, and asks Penny to do it.  Amy is holding her glasses, and rubbing her eye, and when sha pushes the coins toward Penny, she uses her hand with the glasses.  As she pushes the coins, her forefinger goes through the frame, where the glass should be. She quickly takes her finger out, but it was visible.    

Glasses in TV don't use lenses to avoid reflective glare, but , especially as a Neuroscientist, Mayim should have known better, and  I 'see' what you mean.

Edited by Molecules
more stuff

15 hours ago, Molecules said:

Most disturbing is that we know about 'Quick as Lightening Leonard', and his faster than 'The Flash' delivery system.

Don't remember that being Leonard, just Raj and Howard. Raj was called Quick Draw.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chucky said:

Don't remember that being Leonard, just Raj and Howard. Raj was called Quick Draw.

True, the only time I heard Leonard as being quick was in the scene "Gas Voices" and Penny wanted to go faster in their relationship with having sex and Leonard responded by saying "after four months fast is what your going to get"

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mario D. said:

True, the only time I heard Leonard as being quick was in the scene "Gas Voices" and Penny wanted to go faster in their relationship with having sex and Leonard responded by saying "after four months fast is what your going to get"

Totally agree!

On 9/20/2020 at 10:58 AM, chucky said:

It was Leslie Winkle, as quoted by maybe Raj, that called Leonard "Fast as Light". (not lightening) She would have first 'hand' experience. Plus, Penny commented to Leonard, 'Yeah, for your information a half an hour is a long time'. Plus, Penny looked at her watch in the laundry room, when Leonard told Penny he, just was 'with' Dr Stephanie. Now, I wonder how often Penny wears a watch.

• Like 1

Allow me to take a 'crack' at this. In the second season, in the episode that introduces Dr Beverly, At the beginning Penny is crying about her father calling her 'Slugger' til she got her first training bra. After that, they stopped playing catch. She wasn't 'Slugger" anymore. yet, when we get to meet her father later in the series, He calls her 'Slugger". Also, Penny at the end of the same episode says her mom said 'Bob' she's a girl. Now is the family name Wyatt, because Bob is not a variation of Wyatt. Maybe Bob Wyatt is the father of Penny Wyatt. Some people are called more often by their last names, like Kripke. Also, Dr Beverly and Sheldon got along famously, and continued throughout the series. Perhaps that is part of the reason Sheldon and Amy existed. Dr Beverly and Amy are both similar. Each is a Neuroscientist. Each had off putting personalities to Sheldon, at their beginnings, but 'warmed up' as time passed. Maybe Sheldon was having sex with Dr Beverly, and not Amy? As Leonard said his mother would say Penny and he were filling the emptiness of their childhoods. So, did I hit it out of the park? As Sheldon said, "It's a sports metaphor. baseball".

Edited by Molecules
more stuff

1 hour ago, Molecules said:

In the second season, in the episode that introduces Dr Beverly, At the beginning Penny is crying about her father calling her 'Slugger' til she got her first training bra. After that, they stopped playing catch. She wasn't 'Slugger" anymore. yet, when we get to meet her father later in the series, He calls her 'Slugger". Also, Penny at the end of the same episode says her mom said 'Bob' she's a girl. Now is the family name Wyatt, because Bob is not a variation of Wyatt. Maybe Bob Wyatt is the father of Penny Wyatt. Some people are called more often by their last names, like Kripke. Also, Dr Beverly and Sheldon got along famously, and continued throughout the series. Perhaps that is part of the reason Sheldon and Amy existed. Dr Beverly and Amy are both similar. Each is a Neuroscientist. Each had off putting personalities to Sheldon, at their beginnings, but 'warmed up' as time passed. Maybe Sheldon was having sex with Dr Beverly, and not Amy? As Leonard said his mother would say Penny and he were filling the emptiness of their childhoods.

Sheldon and Beverly exchanged one kiss. Wyatt's middle or first name was probably Robert, hence Bob. Slugger was Wyatt's nickname for Penny.

• Like 1

In the second season episode concerning paintball, and Penny shooting Sheldon's seat cushion, they took the cushion to a dry cleaner that also makes keys. I think Sheldon would have a stronger concern of the dry cleaner's integrity. What dry cleaner would also offer to make keys. He would have the name, address, phone number, and quality of clothing worn and dry cleaned. Having made a key, and possibly making a copy for them self. The possibility of theft should be a greater concern of Sheldon.

45 minutes ago, Molecules said:

In the second season episode concerning paintball, and Penny shooting Sheldon's seat cushion, they took the cushion to a dry cleaner that also makes keys. I think Sheldon would have a stronger concern of the dry cleaner's integrity. What dry cleaner would also offer to make keys. He would have the name, address, phone number, and quality of clothing worn and dry cleaned. Having made a key, and possibly making a copy for them self. The possibility of theft should be a greater concern of Sheldon.

What?

12 hours ago, chucky said:

What?

Never get a key made and give out your personal information. Always pay cash. Never get a key made in a store that knows all your personal information, and has an idea of your wealth. It could possibly lead to someone breaking into your house with a key duplicate. Sheldon should have been more concerned about this.

Don't get angry, and want to spank me for this one. If Leonard is the youngest of his siblings (Michael the Harvard Law Professor, or Leonard's sister that grew a pancreas in an adolescent gibbon), then there was an episodic error. Dr Beverly, in a season 2 episode, said to Sheldon, she consummated her marriage, but since then only had coitus to procreate .No power point. It is on her other lap top.  Yet, Leonard saw Dr Beverly swatting his dad with his ping-pong paddle. If Leonard is the youngest, Dr Beverly lied. Maybe she needs to be punished. Maybe she needs a good paddling. Ouch, that one hurts.

Edited by Molecules
more stuff

36 minutes ago, Molecules said:

Don't get angry, and want to spank me for this one. If Leonard is the youngest of his siblings (Michael the Harvard Law Professor, or Leonard's sister that grew a pancreas in an adolescent gibbon), then there was an episodic error. Dr Beverly, in a season 2 episode, said to Sheldon, she consummated her marriage, but since then only had coitus to procreate .No power point. It is on her other lap top.  Yet, Leonard saw Dr Beverly swatting his dad with his ping-pong paddle. If Leonard is the youngest, Dr Beverly lied. Maybe she needs to be punished. Maybe she needs a good paddling. Ouch, that one hurts.

She definitely needs more than a good paddling.

57 minutes ago, Molecules said:

Never get a key made and give out your personal information. Always pay cash. Never get a key made in a store that knows all your personal information, and has an idea of your wealth. It could possibly lead to someone breaking into your house with a key duplicate. Sheldon should have been more concerned about this.

I've had many keys made. I give them the key, they make it while I watch them. Then they give me the keys back and I pay for the made keys. The keys never leave my sight. How it's done in California, I don't know. Even though I lived there for 6 years while in the Navy, I never needed a key made there. 

14 hours ago, chucky said:

She definitely needs more than a good paddling.

I've had many keys made. I give them the key, they make it while I watch them. Then they give me the keys back and I pay for the made keys. The keys never leave my sight. How it's done in California, I don't know. Even though I lived there for 6 years while in the Navy, I never needed a key made there. 

There once was someone who used soft wax, and made impressions of keys, and impressions of credit cards. Key issues happen. I even think there was an old Superman episode about this.

Edited by Molecules
more stuff

2 hours ago, Molecules said:

There once was someone who used soft wax, and made impressions of keys, and impressions of credit cards. Key issues happen. I even think there was an old Superman episode about this.

TV. Where I go, they never leave your sight. There's no time to make a wax impression.

4 hours ago, Molecules said:

The way it works here in the US (outside of a locksmith), is you go up to the kiosk, pick out the key you want, give it and the key you want a copy of to the person in the kiosk, who then puts it into the key-cutting machine.  When done, they buff the burrs off of the new key, and give you both keys.  That can happen at quite a few different places .   Hardware stores, dry cleaners, I've even seen one in a grocery store.   You can also find machine cut keys, you pick out the key, and put them in the machine, and when the machine is done, it spits both keys out.   Superman, I even remember a couple of 50s detective shows that had getting an impression of a key, in wax, in a magic trick.  

Found another one last night.   In 1224, as Leonard barely moves the DNA molecule, the whole thing falls apart.  In 0907, The Spock Resonance, Sheldon moves the DNA molecule to get his lockbox out of the safe behind it, and moves it back later, and it stays together.  

36 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Found another one last night.   In 1224, as Leonard barely moves the DNA molecule, the whole thing falls apart.  In 0907, The Spock Resonance, Sheldon moves the DNA molecule to get his lockbox out of the safe behind it, and moves it back later, and it stays together.  

I noticed the same thing last night while watching 0907.