The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Molecules

Episodic Errors

In essence, this episodic error shows Sheldon trying to turn water into wine, or turning the Nile red, or getting blood from a stone (cold fox). In the episode where Penny dislocates her shoulder, Sheldon tries to help dress her. Penny does not want underwear, just shorts and a top. Sheldon complies. Later, while Sheldon is filling out the ER medical forms, he comments, due to Penny's reaction, that her menses is in progress. Now, from other episodes, we know that Sheldon has calculated Penny's cycle, even though Amy hoped they would all sync. Also, Penny would likely need more than shorts, if that were true, especially just coming from the shower. So, why did Sheldon wisely make that assumption? We know Sheldon knows a lot about medicine . Perhaps, typically, he is unaware of his caustic nature to others that would promote such responses, as Penny's. Regardless , Sheldon would evaluate factually, and not emotionally. As Leslie Winkle might comment, 'PMS, it's a little early.'?

Edited by Molecules
[sp]
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 2:26 AM, Molecules said:

In essence, this episodic error shows Sheldon trying to turn water into wine, or turning the Nile red, or getting blood from a stone (cold fox). In the episode where Penny dislocates her shoulder, Sheldon tries to help dress her. Penny does not want underwear, just shorts and a top. Sheldon complies. Later, while Sheldon is filling out the ER medical forms, he comments, due to Penny's reaction, that her menses is in progress. Now, from other episodes, we know that Sheldon has calculated Penny's cycle, even though Amy hoped they would all sync. Also, Penny would likely need more than shorts, if that were true, especially just coming from the shower. So, why did Sheldon wisely make that assumption? We know Sheldon knows a lot about medicine . Perhaps, typically, he is unaware of his caustic nature to others that would promote such responses, as Penny's. Regardless , Sheldon would evaluate factually, and not emotionally. As Leslie Winkle might comment, 'PMS, it's a little early.'?

Sheldon was just being sarcastic because Penny was being grumpy with the pain in her shouder and Sheldon's fussing over the form.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Sheldon was just being sarcastic because Penny was being grumpy with the pain in her shouder and Sheldon's fussing over the form.

Welcome back, long time since you posted.

6 hours ago, chucky said:

Welcome back, long time since you posted.

Yes it is. I've missed this forum. 

2 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Yes it is. I've missed this forum. 

We've missed you and your insightful posts as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, joyceraye said:

That could be, but Sheldon has problems recognizing, and comprehending  sarcasm. Leonard, in one episode, even held up a sign stating the word 'Sarcasm' for Sheldon. Sheldon can not read facial expressions, and emotions. What you wrote makes sense to most people, but , in my pinion, not Sheldon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Molecules said:

That could be, but Sheldon has problems recognizing, and comprehending  sarcasm. Leonard, in one episode, even held up a sign stating the word 'Sarcasm' for Sheldon. Sheldon can not read facial expressions, and emotions. What you wrote makes sense to most people, but , in my pinion, not Sheldon.

There are times he gets the sarcasm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chucky said:

There are times he gets the sarcasm.

Not only does he get sarcasm sometimes but I think he knows exactly what he is doing most of the time. Everything is a game to Sheldon and he must win in order to keep his claim that he is smarter than everyone else. As an example I was watching a repeat of "The Gorilla Dissolution" in the scene after Raj and Sheldon meet Emily in the movie theater, Sheldon asks Raj why he was upset seeing Emily with another guy and says to Sheldon wouldn't you be upset if you saw Amy with another guy? Sheldon's reply was can't happen  they have an ironclad relationship agreement which precludes any physical contact with someone else. Raj says but you don't have sex with Amy either, in which Sheldon replies  "Slick huh"   This says to me that he knows exactly what he is doing to manipulate girlfriend.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 9/26/2020 at 2:26 AM, Molecules said:

Sheldon's insightfulness and ability to recognise or use sarcasm comes and goes. Whether or not Sheldon really thought Penny was 'made cranky by the shedding of her uterine lining' as he once called it, doesn't matter. If she had taken care of matters before getting into the shower then she'd be OK with shorts for a few hours.

Edited by joyceraye
spelling typo
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Sheldon's insightfulness and ability to recognise or use sarcasm comes and goes. Whether or not Sheldon really thought Penny was 'made cranky by the shedding of her uterine lining' as he once called ir, doesn't matter. If she had taken care of matters before getting into the shower then she'd be OK with shorts for a few hours.

Totally agree. I do believe Leonard warned her about not having non-slip patches on her bath tub floor. She should have listened. I'm surprised Leonard didn't install them when he first started taking a shower there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 9/30/2020 at 8:26 AM, chucky said:

Totally agree. I do believe Leonard warned her about not having non-slip patches on her bath tub floor. She should have listened. I'm surprised Leonard didn't install them when he first started taking a shower there.

Great insight! Plus, we know Penny took a shower in the guy's apartment on the first episode, and would have felt the difference adhesive ducks make.

There was something wrong with the web site. That is the reason for my excessive number of repeat entries. It seemed like each time my response did not take. Sorry.

Edited by Molecules
mistake
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Molecules said:

we know Penny used the guy's shower on the first episode. Penny should have felt the difference that adhesive ducks can make.

She should have realized she needed something to prevent slipping. I'm sure Leonard would have gotten some and installed them if asked.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This entry will be a work in progress. In an episode, Sheldon answers Penny's question as to whether Amy dresses up in costumes. Sheldon states, Amy does not believe in dressing in costumes. She is not a free spirit, like me. Yet, there are multiple examples of Amy dressing up: 'Little House on The Prairie 'look from her fantasy novel, as Bernadette, Raggedy Ann for Halloween, traditional colonial dress for her Christmas party. 

Edited by Molecules
Grammar
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 4:44 AM, chucky said:

She should have realized she needed something to prevent slipping. I'm sure Leonard would have gotten some and installed them if asked.

Perhaps, Leonard was distracted. Leonard was probably more interested in 'promoting slipping', 'getting some', and 'installing his own type of 'adhesive' duck'.

In the Todd Zarnecki episode, Penny brings day old cheesecake to show compassion to Sheldon, and Sheldon states, "stale pastry is hollow succor to a man who is bereft of ostrich". Penn replies, "Just say thank you". Sheldon replies, "I thought I just did". After looking up the words, it seems that Sheldon actually commented that the stale cheesecake was inadequate support in his time of distress to someone who was grieving due to the loss of his ostrich, Glenn. That is not an apology to me, but, perhaps to Sheldon, it is as close as he would come. I enjoy this forum, but it is hollow succor to a fan bereft of new Big Bang episodes. Any comments?

• Like 2

On 10/1/2020 at 7:14 PM, Molecules said:

This entry will be a work in progress. In an episode, Sheldon answers Penny's question as to whether Amy dresses up in costumes. Sheldon states, Amy does not believe in dressing in costumes. She is not a free spirit, like me. Yet, there are multiple examples of Amy dressing up: 'Little House on The Prairie 'look from her fantasy novel, as Bernadette, Raggedy Ann for Halloween, traditional colonial dress for her Christmas party. 

Not to mention, Clara from Back to the Future from the Season 12 Halloween Episode.

• It's a Tiara 1

On 10/2/2020 at 1:14 AM, Molecules said:

Sheldon gets things wrong. He's not a great rememberer of what other people think or say unless it suits his own ends.

1 hour ago, Molecules said:

In the Todd Zarnecki episode, Penny brings day old cheesecake to show compassion to Sheldon, and Sheldon states, "stale pastry is hollow succor to a man who is bereft of ostrich". Penn replies, "Just say thank you". Sheldon replies, "I thought I just did". After looking up the words, it seems that Sheldon actually commented that the stale cheesecake was inadequate support in his time of distress to someone who was grieving due to the loss of his ostrich, Glenn. That is not an apology to me, but, perhaps to Sheldon, it is as close as he would come. I enjoy this forum, but it is hollow succor to a fan bereft of new Big Bang episodes. Any comments?

There's plenty of fan fictionto keep you going. The writers did make a point of saying we should think of their lives continuing, which is why they didn't  write an ending.

Sheldon gets things wrong. He's not a great rememberer of what other people think or say unless it suits his own ends.

So very true!

There's plenty of fan fictionto keep you going.

Yeah there is plenty.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Let me try to hang my hat on this one. In a 5th season episode, the guys are playing the 'Billy the Kid' vs the 'White Wizard of the North' version of the Mystic Warlords of Ka'a card game. Howard comments how ridiculous it is to wear a Cowboy hat. Yoo-hoo, Howard wore his own Toy Story cowboy hat when visiting Mrs Cooper to bring Sheldon back. Do I get a  tip of the hat, or a Yippie Ki-yay MoFo? If the hat fits, wear it.

Edited by Molecules
more stuffing
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Molecules said:

Let me try to hang my hat on this one. In a 5th season episode, the guys are playing the 'Billy the Kid' vs the 'White Wizard of the North' version of the Mystic Warlords of Ka'a card game. Howard comments how ridiculous it is to wear a Cowboy hat. Yoo-hoo, Howard wore his own Toy Story cowboy hat when visiting Mrs Cooper to bring Sheldon back. Do I get a  tip of the hat, or a Yippie Ki-yay MoFo? If the hat fits, wear it.

Two different things. Sheldon wore a cowboy hat playing a game. Howard was trying to fit in out there in Texas. It was a ridiculous Toy Story hat. Mary was so right telling him to get rid of the hat.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

In season 5, in the episode concerning Prof. Rothman's vacant office, Sheldon and Kripke ask Pres. Siebert to settle the vacant office dispute. Sheldon mentions Dr Siebert could consider performing a prostate exam by himself, and that butter is a possible lubricant for the self procedure. A 'hole' new meaning '2' 'buttering your buns'. Later Sheldon tries to reduce the air conditioning vent air flow by using paper. Howard mentions that Sheldon should just turn down the thermostat, but it is in another office. Howard may have just desired to let Sheldon suffer, but an engineer would know a replacement vent cover with an air flow adjusting lever would have solved the problem. Either way, you are likely to ultimately blow hot air.

Edited by Molecules
funnier
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 12:52 AM, Molecules said:

In the episode where the Penny and Amy are deciding where to go and force their men to attend, Penny suggests horse back riding, but Amy states she can not. Amy claims she has a 22 degree angle of thigh separation.

Amy also states she can't go Ice Skating, because she has unusually brittle ankles.

However, in the Separation Oscillation, Amy says "You mean the night that I went ice-skating, and you stood at the rail Googling the symptoms of hypothermia?"

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 2:36 AM, chucky said:

Not to mention, Clara from Back to the Future from the Season 12 Halloween Episode.

Loved that outfit.

On 10/6/2020 at 12:55 AM, Molecules said:

Do I get a  tip of the hat, or a Yippie Ki-yay MoFo?

No, but you might get a Yeehaw. 😁

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

No, but you might get a Yeehaw

I think you need a couple more E's in the Yee. As in Yeeeeehaw. 😂

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 8:14 PM, Molecules said:

This was before Amy's transformation.  At this point in time (mid season four), she was still mostly the original Amy.  She didn't drink either, nor was she interested in sex, among other things.  Those came about in the second half of season four, as she spent more and more time with Bernadette, and especially Penny.   So, I don't see this as an episodic error, more as the before of the Before and After Amy. 

And now back to writing fan fic.  

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2