Episodic Errors

Molecules

3 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

In season 8 when planning their trip to Las Vegas didn't Penny say she was going to check for flight details. So maybe Amy was taken off the no-fly list

Well, there's two ways to go. Either Amy was taken off the no fly list or the writers forgot they put Amy on the no fly list. I believe the later!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

In season 8 when planning their trip to Las Vegas didn't Penny say she was going to check for flight details. So maybe Amy was taken off the no-fly list

Great point! It seems there is a legal procedure to request getting off the no-fly list. Perhaps, your point creates an additional episodic error. I am going to use that.

24 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

14 hours ago, Molecules said:

Great point! It seems there is a legal procedure to request getting off the no-fly list. Perhaps, your point creates an additional episodic error. I am going to use that.

Question: When Penny  first met Leonard she started working at the Cheesecake Factory. That was in 2007 However, in the episode when she proposes to Leonard after her failed cameo in NCIS she says she has been in Calif. for 10 years So how long did she work at the CF

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Question: When Penny  first met Leonard she started working at the Cheesecake Factory. That was in 2007 However, in the episode when she proposes to Leonard after her failed cameo in NCIS she says she has been in Calif. for 10 years So how long did she work at the CF

I think she was working at the Cheesecake Factory before she met Leonard. So I would say she worked at the CF for at least 8 - 10 years! I know she started being a sales rep between the end of Season 7 and Episode 8-1.

1 minute ago, Molecules said:

My brain does not work well with numbers, like dates. Penny was with Kirk for 4 years. Pre-Leonard, Penny was with Kirk, so she may have not even been working.  Yet if Kirk was the sole income source, then why did Penny have to lend Kirk. The prehistoric era is difficult to discern. We'd need to search for Kirk's primitive cave drawings, and try to decipher them for answers.

His name was Kurt and she did work while living with him. She got off early one day and caught him having sex with another woman in their bed. Which was the reason she broke up with Kurt and moved.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chucky said:

I think she was working at the Cheesecake Factory before she met Leonard. So I would say she worked at the CF for at least 8 - 10 years! I know she started being a sales rep between the end of Season 7 and Episode 8-1.

His name was Kurt and she did work while living with him. She got off early one day and caught him having sex with another woman in their bed. Which was the reason she broke up with Kurt and moved.

Right on!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 7:05 PM, Molecules said:

This one is irritating, and abrasive. In season 10 episode 13, Howard, an MIT trained  engineer, is perplexed by the baby room, and originally his one time baby room, having a squeaky floor. The squeaks are caused by wood on wood rubbing, as in bird calls. This is ridiculous. Segment solved: baby powder. Per This Old House, just sprinkle baby powder on the floor, work it in by sweeping into the floor cracks. Wood on wood friction abated. Squeaks abated. Be it floor bottom, or baby bottom, powder will reduce the noise. Like salt spilled, just throw some over your shoulder: Two birds one rock.  Besides they are already in the baby's room. They already use baby powder multiple times a day. All Howard needs to do is be his normally uncoordinated self, and simply spill some on the floor. I guess the principals behind the coefficient of friction were not taught at the Masters level. Howard really needed that PhD. 

Fun Fact: Baby powder is typically Talc powder (sans Asbestos). On the mineral hardness scale, Talc is the softest mined mineral, #1, and Diamond the hardest, #10. 

As much as you may be right about using baby powder to solve the floor squeak issue, the show was and is a comedy. Using the baby powder solution would not have been as funny as what they actually did in that episode. The writers were looking for laughs and they got them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't recall the name of the episode, but someone said something about how many times Leonard and Penny broke up and I think Leonard said he stopped counting at 4. But was there not only one official break-up? In the bowling alley? 

4 hours ago, TLW said:

I don't recall the name of the episode, but someone said something about how many times Leonard and Penny broke up and I think Leonard said he stopped counting at 4. But was there not only one official break-up? In the bowling alley? 

Yep.  Although, there were several instances where the others might have thought they broke up.  Their big fight at the restaurant, on Valentine's Day, for example (although we know how well that turned out).  They also mentioned one at Comic-com, which would not have been shown, because that is during the summer, when we don't see them.  So, from what we saw, yeah there was only one.  But, that doesn't preclude other breakups that weren't shown or assumed breakups that may not have happened.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tensor said:

Yep.  Although, there were several instances where the others might have thought they broke up.  Their big fight at the restaurant, on Valentine's Day, for example (although we know how well that turned out).  They also mentioned one at Comic-com, which would not have been shown, because that is during the summer, when we don't see them.  So, from what we saw, yeah there was only one.  But, that doesn't preclude other breakups that weren't shown or assumed breakups that may not have happened.   

Yeah, I was shocked by Leonard's saying at least 4 break ups. The others must have been off screen. Thank goodness they managed to make their relationship work. Something Raj wasn't able to accomplish with all his attempts.

On 12/10/2021 at 12:59 PM, chucky said:

Yeah, I was shocked by Leonard's saying at least 4 break ups. The others must have been off screen. Thank goodness they managed to make their relationship work. Something Raj wasn't able to accomplish with all his attempts.

you know, that's the thing that truly annoys me in the writing of the L/P story, those numerous off-screen break-ups. We're supposed to believe she dumped him many times and took him back because nothing better came along... ? They make it sound like she doesn't value him or their relationship. Ugh

Edited by NeckShotLime
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NeckShotLime said:

We're supposed to believe she dumped him many times and took him back because nothing better came along... ?

I believe the writers do think that. They spent their time writing for Shamy and wrote what they did for Lenny. I believe they thought Johnny and Kaley could make the fans believe that breakup crap.  As good as actors that they are, I don't think they accomplished that feat.

Edited by chucky

On 11/7/2021 at 12:29 PM, TLW said:

Yes, like this quote from the episode The Septum Deviation shows:

Penny: Of course I care about Leonard. I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him.

Sheldon: And I'm not!?

On 11/7/2021 at 1:06 PM, chucky said:

Sheldon has always been delusional concerning he and Leonard living together until he moved in with Amy!

Another time when Sheldon said something in this same vein. When Leonard and Penny are having their second wedding ceremony for family and friends and Sheldon says who he invited:

Penny: You're inviting people to our wedding?

Sheldon: Yes, I'm inviting people to OUR wedding.

On 12/11/2021 at 1:18 PM, NeckShotLime said:

you know, that's the thing that truly annoys me in the writing of the L/P story, those numerous off-screen break-ups. We're supposed to believe she dumped him many times and took him back because nothing better came along... ? They make it sound like she doesn't value him or their relationship. Ugh

Well given some of her remarks in the last 3 seasons, sometimes it seemed that way. At least to me. 

7 minutes ago, TLW said:

Another time when Sheldon said something in this same vein. When Leonard and Penny are having their second wedding ceremony for family and friends and Sheldon says who he invited:

Penny: You're inviting people to our wedding?

Sheldon: Yes, I'm inviting people to OUR wedding.

Well given some of her remarks in the last 3 seasons, sometimes it seemed that way. At least to me. 

I always thought the writers were confused in writing Lenny. They had them arguing over dumb things, then wrote them smiling and happy. I'm thinking they didn't care about Lenny as long as Shamy looked good.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NeckShotLime said:

Very interesting fun fact about Mayim, i never knew that. 

Raj in his tighty whities 😆 he looked like he was wearing a diaper.

So very true. I laughed so hard at him, i would have peed my pants if I didn't have my catheter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, chucky said:

So very true. I laughed so hard at him, i would have peed my pants if I didn't have my catheter. 

There were a couple of scenes where both Raj and Sheldon could have been arrested.  Raj in the coffee shop when he shed his clothes for indecent exposure and Sheldon when he broke into the ball pit for B&E

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mario D. said:

There were a couple of scenes where both Raj and Sheldon could have been arrested.  Raj in the coffee shop when he shed his clothes for indecent exposure and Sheldon when he broke into the ball pit for B&E

I'm wondering if he got arrested for stealing the Indiana Jones movie in Season 4?  That had to be one the dumbest ideas Sheldon ever had. I mean Will Wheaton knew who he and the guys were. Through Stewart, the police would know where to find him.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Molecules said:

Fun Fact: Mayim has never been without a dress. She states she has only wore skirts for about15 years. It is a Jewish religious commitment called 'tznius' (modesty). Even when Amy wore sweatpants in the 'sleep over' episode, she had on a hidden dress.

Actually, that's incorrect.  She did not wear a hidden dress in the sweat pants scene. She did wear a longish shirt, with the pants, but not long enough to be considered a dress.   She also only wore pants in the Big Bang Theory Super Bowl ad, when they were all dressed in football uniforms.  Her comments and take on it can be found in an article she wrote here.

Also as part of tznius, she normally keeps  her upper arms and shoulders covered.  However, in The Opening Night Excitation, she is laying in bed with the covers pulled up to cover her breasts, but her shoulders and upper arms are not covered.  In The Change Constant, she has her upper arms uncovered after getting her makeover.

In her personal life, she says she sometimes wears pants and leggings under a dress at home, but only wears dresses, and keeps her upper arms and shoulders covered in public.  However, she is aware that sometimes, in the profession she is in, pants and unclothed shoulders may have to happen. 

Speaking of the Super Bowl ad, for those that haven't seen it, it can be found here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Actually, that's incorrect.  She did not wear a hidden dress in the sweat pants scene. She did wear a longish shirt, with the pants, but not long enough to be considered a dress.   She also only wore pants in the Big Bang Theory Super Bowl ad, when they were all dressed in football uniforms.  Her comments and take on it can be found in an article she wrote here.

Also as part of tznius, she normally keeps  her upper arms and shoulders covered.  However, in The Opening Night Excitation, she is laying in bed with the covers pulled up to cover her breasts, but her shoulders and upper arms are not covered.  In The Change Constant, she has her upper arms uncovered after getting her makeover.

In her personal life, she says she sometimes wears pants and leggings under a dress at home, but only wears dresses, and keeps her upper arms and shoulders covered in public.  However, she is aware that sometimes, in the profession she is in, pants and unclothed shoulders may have to happen. 

Speaking of the Super Bowl ad, for those that haven't seen it, it can be found here.

Thanks for the info.

7 hours ago, Tensor said:

Also didn't she wear a shirt and leggings with sneakers in the scene with Howard in the lab?

7 hours ago, Molecules said:

Even a tiny morsel leaves a hunger for more. "Please sir, I want some more".

Here's two you may not have seen.  

The first, is a full episode of The Late, Late Show, with Craig Ferguson.   It includes a skit with Craig being interviewed by the guys, to fill in for Kaley.  All five were scheduled to be on the show, and then Kaley had broken her leg in the horse accident.  She was still in the hospital at the time of this taping.  Besides that skit, it has another skit with Simon, Kunal, and Craig, with a couple of other people.   There are also the normal talk show interviews with Jim and Johnny.  

And, second,  is the cold open and first part of the 2012 People's Choice awards, where Kaley hosted for the first time. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tensor said:

Here's two you may not have seen.  

The first, is a full episode of The Late, Late Show, with Craig Ferguson.   It includes a skit with Craig being interviewed by the guys, to fill in for Kaley.  All five were scheduled to be on the show, and then Kaley had broken her leg in the horse accident.  She was still in the hospital at the time of this taping.  Besides that skit, it has another skit with Simon, Kunal, and Craig, with a couple of other people.   There are also the normal talk show interviews with Jim and Johnny.  

And second, is the cold open and first part of the 2012 People's Choice awards, where Kaley hosted for the first time. 

I fondly remember the second one. She was great in the People's Choice Awards.

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Molecules said:

Indulge me. There was recent inadequate news coverage of the recent death of a childhood hero, one time NY Giant and , a year later, the first signed player of the 'new' Titans of New York, later called the NY Jets. He was so much more. Don Maynard was a Genius. He was a hurdler. This made him more evasive on the field. He drove from Texas for his try out with the NY Giants in a pick up truck he adapted to use Propane gas. He converted truck fleets off season. He was a NY Giant for only a year. The Giants head coach told Don to loose his side burns, cowboy boots, and big Texas sized belt buckle, or leave. This man of integrity, kept everything except the team, and moved on to the Titans (get it 'Giants' 'Titans' an enormous play on words). Don Maynard is still the all time leader in receiver stats for the Jets. Don Maynard was a fast runner, on and off the field. In the early days of the Jets, those players that got to the bank first, cashed their paychecks. The money ran out for the slower team members. Don Maynard was an innovator: He did away with his chin strap, and used cheek pads to keep his helmet on his head. He used long socks to protect his legs-still used today. He had his jersey made longer ,to stop getting mud down his pants-still used today. He was tired of getting horse collar tackles, so he had his jersey altered from a crew neck to a 'V' neck- still the industry standard. Look at his New York Jets images, and see the lack of a chin strap, and use of the protruding white cheek pads. See his proudly displayed side burns ( with all the hair styles allowed today). Had Don  Maynard remained a NY Giant, the number 13 would have been retired, and the great Odell Beckham Jr would have used a different number on the Giants besides 13, like a 'B' for Beckham. Odell hides 'B's in some of his autographs. I hope Don Maynard died with his boots on, big Texas belt buckle, and side burns. Happy trails cowboy! 

I was and still am a NY Giant fan and Don Maynard was a favorite of mine even though it was for only a year. So, Don R.I.P. with your no. 13 on

2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I was and still am a NY Giant fan and Don Maynard was a favorite of mine even though it was for only a year. So, Don R.I.P. with your no. 13 on

Jets, Namath, Maynard and Sauer. One of the best Quarterback and receiver combos in pro football history.

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic