The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Molecules

Episodic Errors

43 minutes ago, Tensor said:

This was before Amy's transformation.  At this point in time (mid season four), she was still mostly the original Amy.  She didn't drink either, nor was she interested in sex, among other things.  Those came about in the second half of season four, as she spent more and more time with Bernadette, and especially Penny.   So, I don't see this as an episodic error, more as the before of the Before and After Amy. 

And now back to writing fan fic.  

So true

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 5:13 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

Amy also states she can't go Ice Skating, because she has unusually brittle ankles.

However, in the Separation Oscillation, Amy says "You mean the night that I went ice-skating, and you stood at the rail Googling the symptoms of hypothermia?"

Excellent! Characters may change their characteristic spots, but, unless surgically repaired,  ligamentous laxity is forever. Further, Amy's (Mayim's) kyphosis (dowager's hump) can be a sign of osteoporosis, brittle bones, including the ankles. Grab a bone, pull, and make a wish. 

• Like 1

In a season 6 episode, Leonard is demonstrating how to barter scientific demonstrations for sex with Penny. One demonstration was prefaced by asking Penny if she had any piercings, and related some guy who had his nipple ring ripped off by the magnet strength. Leonard added that now he is on a list for a donor nipple. Yes, this is for comedic effect, but to be clear you do not go on a nipple donor list. This is frivolous. You would need to take anti-rejection meds for life. Nipple transplants do not happen. Primary repair, suturing would treat most. Otherwise, among other corrections, donor tissue from within the inner check can be fashioned into a replacement, or in the female, tissue can be harvested from 'between the legs'. Otherwise, skin can be fashioned and tattooed to color match. Either way, ironically,  the nipples 'suck'

Edited by Molecules
mistake

3 hours ago, Molecules said:

In a season 5 episode, Leonard is demonstrating how to barter scientific demonstrations for sex with Penny. One demonstration was prefaced by asking Penny if she had any piercings, and related some guy who had his nipple ring ripped off by the magnet strength. Leonard added that now he is on a list for a donor nipple. Yes, this is for comedic effect, but to be clear you do not go on a nipple donor list. This is frivolous. You would need to take anti-rejection meds for life. Nipple transplants do not happen. Primary repair, suturing would treat most. Otherwise, among other corrections, donor tissue from within the inner check can be fashioned into a replacement, or in the female, tissue can be harvested from 'between the legs'. Otherwise, skin can be fashioned and tattooed to color match. Either way, ironically,  the nipples 'suck'

You're overeacting. It was for comedy only. He was showing Penny the equipment in the lab and how they worked. Penny got aroused by his voice and his smarts. She visited his office to learn what he did at work. That she got sexually aroused was on Penny not Leonard. What red-blooded man would turn down sex with his aroused girlfriend?

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Molecules said:

Further, Amy's (Mayim's) kyphosis (dowager's hump) can be a sign of osteoporosis, brittle bones, including the ankles.

Mayim doesn't have a dowager's hump. It's just something she invented for Amy.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2020 at 12:18 AM, chucky said:

You're overeacting. It was for comedy only. He was showing Penny the equipment in the lab and how they worked. Penny got aroused by his voice and his smarts. She visited his office to learn what he did at work. That she got sexually aroused was on Penny not Leonard. What red-blooded man would turn down sex with his aroused girlfriend?

I agree. All my posts are over reactions. At times I am invoking 'Sheldon' mentality. In other words, I am getting my Sheld-ON. Yes, the first time Leonard learned that Penny was aroused by a demonstration, it was a surprise. The next one was to prime a proven pump. Leonard learned that demonstration by Leonard results in response by Penny. 

Edited by Molecules
more stuff inserted
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 4:54 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

Mayim doesn't have a dowager's hump. It's just something she invented for Amy.

I know you are an Amy devotee. It appears she does have early upper spine deformity. I could be wrong. Time will tell. No offense intended. Res ipsa loquitur.

Amy2.jpg

Edited by Molecules

On 10/10/2020 at 4:35 PM, Tensor said:

This was before Amy's transformation.  At this point in time (mid season four), she was still mostly the original Amy.  She didn't drink either, nor was she interested in sex, among other things.  Those came about in the second half of season four, as she spent more and more time with Bernadette, and especially Penny.   So, I don't see this as an episodic error, more as the before of the Before and After Amy. 

And now back to writing fan fic.  

Respectfully, I beg to differ. On Amy, Sheldon's, Penny's first date, Amy confessed to a number of lab produced orgasms tolling 128. Fun Math: 2x2x2x2x2x2x2=128,or 2 (to the 7th power). All to state orgasms ideally take 2. QED. Penny said it counted, and Penny is the sex savant. Lest we forget the other 'man' in Amy's life...Gerard (her CVS electric tooth brush).  Even while dating Sheldon, she needed to 'brush her teeth' with Sheldon in the next room. As Amy would say, "Whoo Hoo!. As Beverly would say, "Yikes!" As Zack would say, "Holy Moly!". As Penny would say "Oh God!, or "Yee Haa!'. All to state that Amy was always interested in 'Pon Farr', without going too farr. Otherwise, Amy's mom would declare her a whore, and lock her in the closet, for a time.

Fun Fact:  There exists a simple neurological test called a 'Babinski'. A normal Babinski Reflex occurs when the bottom of the foot is strongly stroked. The normal response is a curling of the toes, or nothing. An abnormal response is the opposite. The toes flay open. A positive Babinski can indicate abnormal upper brain functions. The only other times an abnormal (Positive Babinski) actually happens is with babies (their brains are still developing), and during the more primitive "Whoo Hoo!" moment. At that moment our upper brain functions are on a brief sabbatical. So, in a way we revert for a moment to baby-like. I guess it is easier to detect in those high achievers that obtain multiple "Whoo Hoo!" status. Let's put it this way, Amy would not have subjected herself to more than one lab created "Whoo Hoo!", unless she 'liked' it. I am surprised Neurobiologist Mayim did not suggest the inclusion of a Babinski in an episode.

Edited by Molecules
math musing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Molecules said:

Respectfully, I beg to differ. On Amy, Sheldon's, Penny's first date, Amy confessed to a number of lab produced orgasms tolling 128. Penny said it counted, and Penny is the sex savant. 

This just demonstrates my point.   Amy and Sheldon met in (3.23  The Lunar Excitation) .  Where she specifically stated all forms of physical contact were "off the table".     Shamy's first date,  (4.01  The Robotic Manipulation) ) was only one show after that, and if Amy had to ask if it counted, she obviously didn't think it counted.  Four episodes later (4.05, The Desperation Emanation),  Amy eschews the idea of sex and Sheldon specifically, as a joke, says they should have sex, then adds bazinga, and Amy didn't object to not having sex.  

1 hour ago, Molecules said:

Lest we forget the other 'man' in Amy's life...Gerard (her CVS electric tooth brush).  Even while dating Sheldon, she needed to 'brush her teeth' with Sheldon in the next room.  All to state that Amy was always interested in 'Pon Farr', without going too farr. Otherwise, Amy's mom would declare her a whore, and lock her i the closet, for a time.

She mentioned Gerard, in the second half of season four (episode 4.17 The Toast Derivation), just like I said, where her transformation was beginning.   The time with Sheldon sitting in the next room, was in season five (5-18 The Werewolf Transformation), again after the start of her transformation in the  second half of season four.  And, a desire to masturbate, is not the equivalent of a desire to have sex with another person.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2020 at 9:43 PM, Tensor said:

This just demonstrates my point.   Amy and Sheldon met in (3.23  The Lunar Excitation) .  Where she specifically stated all forms of physical contact were "off the table".     Shamy's first date,  (4.01  The Robotic Manipulation) ) was only one show after that, and if Amy had to ask if it counted, she obviously didn't think it counted.  Four episodes later (4.05, The Desperation Emanation),  Amy eschews the idea of sex and Sheldon specifically, as a joke, says they should have sex, then adds bazinga, and Amy didn't object to not having sex.  

She mentioned Gerard, in the second half of season four (episode 4.17 The Toast Derivation), just like I said, where her transformation was beginning.   The time with Sheldon sitting in the next room, was in season five (5-18 The Werewolf Transformation), again after the start of her transformation in the  second half of season four.  And, a desire to masturbate, is not the equivalent of a desire to have sex with another person.

As Amy might say, I have spent many hours of fun playing travel  twister by myself, I could only guess it would be even more fun involving others. Yet, alone, or with more than one, no matter how you 'twist' it, it is still fun, and plants the seed of curiosity. Which begets the hopes and dreams of that seed growing, like Leonard and Sheldon's avocado pit, and 'coming' to full fruition. 

Further example, lest we forget Amy rejoicing in telling Chaucer's 'The Miller's Tale". 

Edited by Molecules
more stuff inserted

See if this fits. This is not an episodic error, but similar to not knowing Penny's last name, or seeing Mrs  Wolowitz (Yes, there was a fleeting scurry across the kitchen doorway),I believe we have never seen Bernadette wearing a pair of pants. Yes, we have seen her wearing pajama bottoms and sweat pants at home, and we know she owns pants, because she commented that Howard wore her pants by mistake (and they were too tight on him). Ironic, since Bernadette clearly 'wears the pants' in that family. Further, I believe we also have never seen Amy wear pants. Yet, we have seen all 4 guys wearing women's clothing. Sheldon leads the pack. Any comments? Correct me if I am wrong. 

Edited by Molecules

This is not an episodic error, but similar to Bernadette's lack of pants displaying, we also, I believe, have never seen any of the guys wearing superhero underpants. Penny once found a pair of Sheldon's in the dryer, and the guys went to remove their character underpants, in case they got 'lucky' later at a bar. Nearly all displayed their tighty-whities, at some point, except Leonard (boxers).  That's the long and short of pants. 

Edited by Molecules

On 10/18/2020 at 11:45 PM, Molecules said:

See if this fits. This is not an episodic error, but similar to not knowing Penny's last name, or seeing Mrs  Wolowitz (Yes, there was a fleeting scurry across the kitchen doorway),I believe we have never seen Bernadette wearing a pair of pants. Yes, we have seen her wearing pajama bottoms, and we know she owns pants, because she commented that Howard wore her pants by mistake (and they were too tight on him). Ironic, since Bernadette clearly 'wears the pants' in that family. Any comments? Correct me if I am wrong. 

Oh it's 'pants'  in the American meaning of the word ie trousers ? Of course, it must be ! Silly me. I was picturing him wearing her pants as in what the Americans call 'underwear ' and we call pants, briefs, or knickers. After all these years I am enlightened.

On 10/22/2020 at 12:08 AM, joyceraye said:

Oh it's 'pants'  in the American meaning of the word ie trousers ? Of course, it must be ! Silly me. I was picturing him wearing her pants as in what the Americans call 'underwear ' and we call pants, briefs, or knickers. After all these years I am enlightened.

No worries. All the proper English I learned came from British comedies, such as: Monty Python, Goodies, Are You Being Served?, Marty Feldman, and Faulty Towers. Correct me if I am wrong, but ' 'smoking a fag' has a different meaning for the British. Other examples: quim, John Thomas, bum, and arse. Therefore, John Thomas may be an arse, but you will likely find him in quim. The song lyric 'Come on without, come on within, you'll not see nothing like the mighty quim' has new meaning. Likewise, bumming a fag. 

Edited by Molecules
just bumming around?

On 10/22/2020 at 4:37 PM, Molecules said:

No worries. All the proper English I learned came from British comedies, such as: Monty Python, Goodies, Are You Being Served, Marty Feldman, and Faulty Towers. Correct me if I am wrong, but ' 'smoking a fag' has a different meaning for the British. Other examples: quim, John Thomas, bum, and arse. Therefore, John Thomas may be an arse, but you will likely find him in quim. The song lyric 'Come on without, come on within, you'll not see nothing like the mighty quim' has new meaning. Likewise, bumming a fag. 

I don't know what quim is. John Thomas is a term from a bygone age, we say 'willie' or 'dangly bits' now. I think the Mighty Quinn was an Eskimo or as they say in the US  Inuit. Yes, bum aka backside the noun is a bottom, and bum the verb is to borrow  something in  lowly way, also known as to scrounge. A fag is a cigarette and a faggot is a piece of minced ( ground ) meat with onion or a bunch of twigs for lighting a fire. Underwear is all the garments worn under the outer clothing, such as slip or petticoat, bra, pants, singlet and vest.

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I don't know what quim is. John Thomas is a term from a bygone age, we say 'willie' or 'dangly bits' now. I think the Mighty Quinn was an Eskimo or as they say in the US  Inuit. Yes, bum aka backside the noun is a bottom, and bum the verb is to borrow  something in  lowly way, also known as to scrounge. A fag is a cigarette and a faggot is a piece of minced ( ground ) meat with onion or a bunch of twigs for lighting a fire. Underwear is all the garments worn under the outer clothing, such as slip or petticoat, bra, pants, singlet and vest.

Thank you for that information. Some I knew, others I was questionable about. Now I have a better understanding when reading. Again thank you for the insightful post.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Therefore, a Brit can proudly proclaim to all that they often 'eat a faggot', and do so  whenever  possible, without raising an eyebrow. Although 'eating a faggot' would likely raise something. You can look up 'quim'. Caution: it is dirty, and can be unclean. I came across that word in the movie "Rob Roy" starring Liam Neeson.

Edited by Molecules
Caveat Emptor
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Molecules said:

Therefore, a Brit can proudly proclaim to all that they often 'eat a faggot', and do so  whenever  possible, without raising an eyebrow.

Probably not in England. I've never heard that phrase before and I'll be 65 next month. I'm betting it's not said too often here in the states. 

Okay, you may not have heard this one before, and it may raise some hairs, and be painful. I know this is not technically an episodic error, but I have longed to have you hear about this one. In the same way Sheldon has enlightened us about such random topics, as the Capybara, the baby hippo sized rodent, and Spiderman doing whatever a spider can. Sheldon should have told us of the murder of Ludwig von Beethoven. The book and documentary, 'Beethoven's Hair', goes into great detail, and the amazing path of ownership of a lock of Beethoven's hair. Beethoven was known to have a very difficult personality, he wrote many classical music pieces while being deaf, he claimed to be in constant great pain, but claimed to never take the pain killer of the day, opium, to have a clear head for his musical composing. He literally suffered for his art. He died. Why? A lock of his hair, taken while on his death bed, was eventually tested. The test results showed that he had lead poisoning, and no traces of opium use. Lead poisoning causes altered personalities, deafness, extreme pain, and death. If the lead was rampant, then many would have suffered and died. Therefore Beethoven was intentionally murdered. Remember the film "Arsenic and Old Lace"? Heavy. Similarly, the Mad hatter, of "Alice in Wonderland" was mad, as all hatters of the day, due to Mercury poisoning. Mercury was used in the production of top hats. Sheldon repeatedly brought up Marie Curie, why not Beethoven? Also, please be aware that Beethoven would have never wanted Nazis to use his music, as he actively denounced the use of his music by another dictator  of his day, Napoleon. Rings true today where contemporary musicians have demanded 'cease and desist' orders of current 'would be' giant dick-tators. See how I added the 'tator'. Heavy!

Edited by Molecules
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Molecules said:

Okay, you may not have heard this one before, and it may raise some hairs, and be painful. I know this is not technically an episodic error, but I have longed to have you hear about this one. In the same way Sheldon has enlightened us about such random topics, as the Capybara, the baby hippo sized rodent, and Spiderman doing whatever a spider can. Sheldon should have told us of the murder of Ludwig von Beethoven. The book and documentary, 'Beethoven's Hair', goes into great detail, and the amazing path of ownership of a lock of Beethoven's hair. Beethoven was known to have a very difficult personality, he wrote many classical music pieces while being deaf, he claimed to be in constant great pain, but claimed to never take the pain killer of the day, opium, to have a clear head for his musical composing. He literally suffered for his art. He died. Why? A lock of his hair, taken while on his death bed, was eventually tested. The test results showed that he had lead poisoning, and no traces of opium use. Lead poisoning causes altered personalities, deafness, extreme pain, and death. If the lead was rampant, then many would have suffered and died. Therefore Beethoven was intentionally murdered. Remember the film "Arsenic and Old Lace"? Heavy. Similarly, the Mad hatter, of "Alice in Wonderland" was mad, as all hatters of the day, due to Mercury poisoning. Mercury was used in the production of top hats. Sheldon repeatedly brought up Marie Curie, why not Beethoven? Also, please be aware that Beethoven would have never wanted Nazis to use his music, as he actively denounced the use of his music by another dictator  of his day, Napoleon. Rings true today where contemporary musicians have demanded 'cease and desist' orders of current 'would be' giant dick-tators. See how I added the 'tator'.

Very interesting facts

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

There be Gold in Them Thar Hills. This is not an episodic error, because I believe, if the Big Bang Theory were still in production, this topic would be addressed, probably by Raj, and Howard. Finally Raj and Howard would be intimately linked. We all knew it would have eventually happened. Another example of coitus interruptus.

Please double check this supposition, but here goes. This week, Neil deGrasse Tyson, astrophysicist, spoke on a metallic asteroid (Meteor) that is so large, (how large is it?), that the meteorite that hit Earth and destroyed the dinosaur age, was a pebble in size comparison. It is 140 miles in diameter, and makes it one of the largest asteroids in the belt.  As with all meteors, it is metallic, and is a portion of a planet's metal core. All planets have a metallic core, like Earth. This is why we on Earth have magnetic North and South poles. Anyway, the precious metals on this meteor is $10,000 Quadrillion dollars ($10,000,000,000,000,000,000). . Earth's total economy is $ 142 Trillion dollars (142,000,000,000,000). The meteor is called asteroid 16 Psyche .It exists in an asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. It is 230 millions miles away. It was discovered by an Annabale de Gasparis in 1852. Now, NASA is currently awaiting, it will take about 3 years, the return a probe of another asteroid, Bennu. NASA is currently building a special lab for study of the approximate, 2 ounces to 4.4 pounds, of sample for analysis.

So, here is the pondering. Obviously NASA can tell precious metals (Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium) are on a distant asteroid about 230 Million miles away. So, NASA knows if the Meteor Bennu has valuable metals. NASA is awaiting samples to confirm this. So, mining operations might be in the future. Tyson said if the metals on 16 Psyche could be mined, then the world economy would collapse, because all precious metals would become essentially worthless. All economies are based on precious metals. I propose NASA already knows the economic factors of the Bennu samples, and is just waiting to analyze and confirm. If all this is true and happens, the metal markets may crash. Heavy!

Edited by Molecules

On 10/23/2020 at 6:44 PM, joyceraye said:

I think the Mighty Quinn was an Eskimo or as they say in the US  Inuit.

To me, the Mighty Quinn (not Quim) is a song by Manfred Mann.

On 10/23/2020 at 6:44 PM, joyceraye said:

John Thomas is a term from a bygone age, we say 'willie' or 'dangly bits' now.

I actually knew someone called John Thomas, and I've also met someone called Michael Hunt.

Parents can be so cruel. 🙂

On 11/1/2020 at 7:07 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

To me, the Mighty Quinn (not Quim) is a song by Manfred Mann.

I actually knew someone called John Thomas, and I've also met someone called Michael Hunt.

Parents can be so cruel. 🙂

It was a play on words. Bob Dylan wrote it. Manfred Mann got it out first. Come on without, come on within, you'll not see nothing like  the mighty quim.  There was a recent Sat Nite Live skit on people changing their names, such as Mike Rodick changing his name to his mother's maiden name of Litt. In ways, six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Edited by Molecules

In the episode where the big bang  gang were trying to celebrate Valentine's Day. At the opening Sheldon is positing with Amy that spicy food causing a burning sensation, while it bids a 'doo', is proof that the rectum has the ability to taste. First, the rectum does not have the sense of taste. There is a classic 'map' of the usage of brain function areas, and the rectum is not a high priority region of the body. The acronym is 'HAL' (Head-Arm-Leg). There are illustrated 'maps' on line that display the brain associated regions to parts of the body. Major areas of importance take up more brain region, in general. So, hands, tongue, nose, etc take up more brain real estate. Location, location, location. Ironically, the brain is the only part of the body devoid of possible pain perceptions.  So when a Monty Python 'Mr Gumby' says my brain hurts. It is an impossibility. Shockingly, this is illustrated in a brain scene from the movie Hannibal. Just ask Ray Liotta. Surprisingly, the foot region is neighbors to the genital area. Perhaps this explains foot fetishes? Anyway, the 'burning' is due to a nervous system protective function. Many different nerves perform different and overlapping functions. In general, cold and heat sensations overcome pain sensations from registering in the brain. So, an ice pack, 20 minutes on and off, can overpower the pain impulses from being perceived by the brain. Cold and hot win the nervous race. That is why ointments causing cold or hot skin sensations can reduce our perception of pain. The pain is still there, but it is being masked, as we are masked to avoid Corona Virus. It is still there. It is a nervous system protective measure. 

The 'hole' point is that Sheldon, and Amy/Mayim would know this, and any argument would be tuti-fruitless.

Later at the end of the same episode, Sheldon is calling Amy about his opposite end. He has a concern of a brain tumor, again, caused by previous 'brain freeze'. Now, these 2 should know when ice cream takes its revenge on its consumption by causing brain freeze, the simple rapid extinguishment is to touch the upper soft palate with the warmer tongue. They both should have known this. Well, that is the alpha and omega, the yin and yang, the exit and entrance to the 'Lin colon Tunnel', the ATM. All to say, no matter how much ice cream you might sit on, do not expect to guess its flavor, but it could put out a 'fire in the hole'.

Edited by Molecules