The Big Bang Theory Forums
SRAM

Chuck Lorre

Lorre’s latest vanity card was way over the top and was extremely sexist, and using the show as a podium for his political views is disgraceful in my opinion.  We all know he was a big Hillary supporter, but come on get over it like an adult.  His current actions, in my opinion, negate any awards he has been awarded for the show and basically constitute hate speech.

Oh for those who didn’t see it:

“God told me He hasn’t spoken to Sarah Sanders since she was fourteen years old and praying for her skin to clear up. I have no reason to doubt Him.”

Also, I want to say one more thing, I’m not preaching which policy is right, left or right, I’m just saying using TBBT to spread hate speech is wrong.

• Like 1

How is this sexist? Do only women get acne?

How is this hate speech? If Sarah can say that she believes that "God wanted Trump to be president" can't Chuck say that He didn't?

P.S Chuck has been doing this for years on Vanity Cards for his shows.  He even published a book of the cards.

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

How is this hate speech? If Sarah can say that she believes that "God wanted Trump to be president" can't Chuck say that He didn't?

P.S Chuck has been doing this for years on Vanity Cards for his shows.  He even published a book of the cards.

Hating on a woman (or even a man ) because of his/her looks is what is obviously wrong and should be condemned. Well done SRAm.

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

Your right, he has been doing this for years and enough is enough.  His comments have gotten more and more hateful and he uses TBBT as his political format which is a disgrace.  This is the only reason I’m happy the show is ending because it takes away Lorre’s ability to express his rants on the most popular show on TV.

Also if you think Lorre’s comments are really about Sarah’s religious beliefs you are very mistaken, they are just a vehicle to express his hate.

Edited by SRAM
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ajond said:

Hating on a woman (or even a man ) because of his/her looks is what is obviously wrong and should be condemned. Well done SRAm.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say he doesn't hate her for her looks.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, April said:

Gonna go out on a limb here and say he doesn't hate her for her looks.

I agree, that he uses her looks to express his political hate only makes it more wrong.  Why I’m posting this is because on this forum we try to keep personnel attacks and hate off the forum because we all strive to be decent fans here.  Therefore, I cannot support a cast or crew member who repeatedly uses TBBT to express his political hate speech.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:57 PM, SRAM said:

I agree, that he uses her looks to express his political hate only makes it more wrong.  Why I’m posting this is because on this forum we try to keep personnel attacks and hate off the forum because we all strive to be decent fans here.  Therefore, I cannot support a cast or crew member who repeatedly uses TBBT to express his political hate speech.

princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word1.gif.b1c908ace1a353140e1813e2c6fe885c.gif

His vanity card is a reaction to Sanders repeatedly brining up "God" and how the mess you currently have over there is "His will" and all that nonsense. So the card is just Lorre saying that is bullshit.

Edited by April
  • Like 2

I saw the vanity card but I didn't even know the woman was real until I read this thread. I gather Chuck Lorre was making personal remarks about a woman politician ? Didn't Roseanne Barr get her series cancelled for doing that ? Will the next eight episodes of TBBT still get made ? Does this mean Young Sheldon will be cancelled since the vanity card was on there too ?

Edited by joyceraye
typo

Just now, joyceraye said:

I saw the vanity card but I didn't even know the woman was real until I read this thread. I gather Chuck Lorre's was making personal remarks about a woman politician ? Didn't Roseanne Barr get her series cancelled for doing that ? Will the next eight episodes of TBBT still get made ? Does this mean Young Sheldon will be cancelled since the vanity card was on there too ?

What? No, don't worry. Lorre has used his vanity cards to express his political views (or whatever else was on his mind in any given week) for ages and occasionally he's getting snarky. No big deal, from what I can tell. Here's an online archive with all of them:

http://www.chucklorre.com/index.php

Roseanne was fired because she was spewing racist nonsense on twitter which was not a good look for ABC (bad publicity and all that). So different situation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, April said:

princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word1.gif.b1c908ace1a353140e1813e2c6fe885c.gif

His vanity card is a reaction to Sanders repeatedly brining up "God" and how he apparently how the mess you currently have over there is "His will" and all that nonsense. So the card is just Lorre saying that is bullshit.

I understand that, my problem is that this has been going on for a long time with him and since he is supporting the general feelings of the Hollywood elite he is allowed to continue with his actions.  This is just my personal opinion but this last vanity card hit my limit with him.  I refuse to recognize him as a good person, no matter how many awards he receives.

• Like 1

Hi i liv in Australia  its made headline here too   mean it was a bit low  talking about a women like   it dosent matter what political side you come from you don't say those thing i know chuck has made remarks about trump before but this low and it could really affect all of his other shows including ys  you talk about women like that 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I saw the vanity card but I didn't even know the woman was real until I read this thread. I gather Chuck Lorre was making personal remarks about a woman politician ? Didn't Roseanne Barr get her series cancelled for doing that ? Will the next eight episodes of TBBT still get made ? Does this mean Young Sheldon will be cancelled since the vanity card was on there too ?

Watch it! Possibly fake news.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SRAM said:

I understand that, my problem is that this has been going on for a long time with him and since he is supporting the general feelings of the Hollywood elite he is allowed to continue with his actions.  This is just my personal opinion but this last vanity card hit my limit with him.

By framing this as "the feelings of the Hollywood elite" you're deluding yourself that everybody else is thinking differently but really at least half of your country and probably most of the rest of the world shares those feelings. Sarah Sanders is a despicable person and so is her boss so I can't feel sorry for her here.

5 hours ago, SRAM said:

I refuse to recognize him as a good person, no matter how many awards he receives.

What do awards have to do with anything??? Like, if you think awards are only given to "good" people, boy, do I have news for you!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SRAM said:

I understand that, my problem is that this has been going on for a long time with him and since he is supporting the general feelings of the Hollywood elite he is allowed to continue with his actions.  This is just my personal opinion but this last vanity card hit my limit with him.  I refuse to recognize him as a good person, no matter how many awards he receives.

There will of course be pretty much a 50/50 split in terms of leaning left or right politically.

Lorre can say whatever he wants especially in the land of free speech. Honestly I have never ever read a vanity card lol.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jonny said:

There will of course be pretty much a 50/50 split in terms of leaning left or right politically.

Lorre can say whatever he wants especially in the land of free speech. Honestly I have never ever read a vanity card lol.

Is he a ) taking The Lord's name in vain, or b ) accusing someone else of doing so ? I can imagine a few million believers being offended by such stuff.

What's another commandment more or less ? Would Lorre get away with accusing a public figure of stealing, committing adultery or coveting her neighbour's ox ? Would a public figure get away with doing those things ? Has either of them been struck by lightning this week ?

Edited by joyceraye
missing word

22 hours ago, April said:

By framing this as "the feelings of the Hollywood elite" you're deluding yourself that everybody else is thinking differently but really at least half of your country and probably most of the rest of the world shares those feelings. Sarah Sanders is a despicable person and so is her boss so I can't feel sorry for her here.

What do awards have to do with anything??? Like, if you think awards are only given to "good" people, boy, do I have news for you!

Seriously, I write a post about hate speech and your comment is hate speech.  I’m done, moderator either please delete this post subject and series or tell me how to do it.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Seriously, I write a post about hate speech and your comment is hate speech.  I’m done, moderator either please delete this post subject and series or tell me how to do it.

Just because you don't like an opinion doesn't make it "hate speech".

• Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1