Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Drea97

Why is Amy not recognized?

Recommended Posts

In season one episode 13, Raj suggests to get "tv's Blossom", to help them with winning the physics bowl, because "she has a degree in neuroscience in real life" . So, if they all know who Mayim Bialik is, since she plays tv's Blossom, then why is she not recognized when she gets on the show as Amy?  When other famous people are playing themselves, such as will wheaton, then why is Amy not recognized as Blossom? Just a thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Drea97 said:

In season one episode 13, Raj suggests to get "tv's Blossom", to help them with winning the physics bowl, because "she has a degree in neuroscience in real life" . So, if they all know who Mayim Bialik is, since she plays tv's Blossom, then why is she not recognized when she gets on the show as Amy?  When other famous people are playing themselves, such as will wheaton, then why is Amy not recognized as Blossom? Just a thought. 

Cause sometimes they have to hire actors to play, you know, characters and not themselves. She's by far not the only one. Heck, she isn't even the most famous to come onto the show and play a random character. I think Christopher Lloyd was the most egregious example of getting a sci-fi icon... and then he plays a random bum for no reason. lol

Anyway, a joke about how Amy looks like that girl from Blossom would have been a fun in joke but that's about it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, April said:

Cause sometimes they have to hire actors to play, you know, characters and not themselves. She's by far not the only one. Heck, she isn't even the most famous to come onto the show and play a random character. I think Christopher Lloyd was the most egregious example of getting a sci-fi icon... and then he plays a random bum for no reason. lol

Anyway, a joke about how Amy looks like that girl from Blossom would have been a fun in joke but that's about it.

Another one, Brian George(Raj’s father), had two significant guest starring roles in the Star Trek universe, and the guys didn’t say anything about him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know, but those examples were not mentioned in the show. Since Amy was mentioned long before she entered the show, I just thought they might have done something with it. I don't think the show would have been worse, if the story about Blossom had been a way for Amy to get through school. It would have been almost the same I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early Bloosm ( and thus young Mayim) are a bit different in appearance, than Brian George or Christopher Lloyd.  It would be easier to identify those two, over young Mayim. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drea97 said:

I know, but those examples were not mentioned in the show. Since Amy was mentioned long before she entered the show, I just thought they might have done something with it. I don't think the show would have been worse, if the story about Blossom had been a way for Amy to get through school. It would have been almost the same I think. 

They discussed the Back to the Future movies at least once very prominently so Christopher Lloyd definitely counts.

And as said, I think a nice in-joke could have worked but I wouldn't want them to do that much more with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.