The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sherminator

What Nerdy stuff you love to watch?

Hiya!

okay, now it is time to own up! Tell us about all the nerdy and geeky tv shows you really like to watch on you telly! also, tell why you like them.

note: only for nerdy shows! We do not want to hear about Roseanne or Oprah here, no matter how much your mum loves them!

For my part, i like Stargate and galactica (the new series) and of course the BB theory, which is nerdy because only nerds get all the jokes! and that is pretty much it.

i have never liked Star trek, or any of it's spinoffs. they are just so dark and dank. all them badly illuminated corridors make me claustrophobic.

-but stargate and galactica are better, because in them the action is often on planets, and daytime too, so it is much more fun than your regular dark scifi.

The only nerdy tv shows that I started to watch was TBBT which made me think that nerds are funny and I should start watching Star trek, Star war, etc seeing how the cast of TBBT watches it.

Beside BBT, I really like Anime shows.and of course those that have anything to do with comic books!

but sci-fi shows never appealed to me much.

Star Trek and Star Wars are a must, BBT of course, and I loved to watch Batman series with Adam West when I was a kid, it was insane. I'm crazy about Batman, I love everything connected with him (except the horrible Batman & Robin and Batman Forever movies, WHY did they have to make them?!). Battlestar Galactica and Stargate are also OK, and now Torak piqued (or peaked, I have no idea which is correct) my interest in IT - Crowd :D

Outside of BBT, these are the sci-fi nerd films I own/watch:

Star Wars - own the originals and special editions DVDs. Am always happy to debate the question mark that is called "Episode I".

Star Trek - have only watched the JJ Abrams film, not conversant in the others

Avatar - just got it on BluRay, and must have watched the original DVD a hundred times now. Can say "Oel ngati kameie". Other James Cameron favourites (and also own the DVD) - Aliens, T1 and T2

Stargate - loved the original James Spader/Kurt Rusell film; never really warmed to the spin off films (made by Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich, which brings me to...)

Dean Devlin/Roland Emmerich films - including Universal Soldier and ID4. Godzilla was a pass.

A few classic sci-fi DVDs - include Soylent green and 2001.

Paul Verhoeven sci-fi DVDs - include Robocop, Total Recall and Starship Troopers. The sequels to these films, minus Verhoeven, were terrible.

Terminator films - own T1, T2 and T4. T3 was a pass. Sarah Conner Chronicles started with a bang but my interest in it soon waned (even with Summer Glau - on this note, the movie Serenity is pretty good, but the TV series Firefly was a little too smart -Kevin Costner's "The Postman" smart - for my liking)

Also own a fantastic documentary called The Sci-Fi files, narrated by Mark Hamill, discussing the history of science fiction.

Some "lousy at the box office but not sure why I like it" sci-fi = Judge Dredd (I watched a lot of Stallone movies when I was a kid, but strangely, this is the only Stallone movie I own), Soldier (it reminds me of the Halo novel)

I'm not really a T.V. nerd. I'm more a video-game/book nerd, with a little bit of card games/D&D nerd (but I don't play those very much. But I like them).

However, recently I got a A LOT into Stargate, mostly the Atlantis spin-off, which is really awesome! Right now I'm watching Stargate Universe, which is not as good (would have been better to go on with Atlantis), but is still nice!

Edit: Actually, thinking back, there is probably some shows I can add to the list. I don't know if it counts as "nerdy", but I really loved Lost. Loved Heroes, too, I know it's been strongly criticized after the first season, but I liked it 'till the end (althought season 3 wasn't that good... Not enought plotline...). Also, I happen to own the 6 seasons of Xena. So, yeah, that's what I'm adding to the list! :p

I know Sheldon will have a fit,but i enjoyed "Babylon 5".Maybe the fact that I also watch "Dr.Who" (the

original)and was a HUGE fan of "Firefly"might off set his ire.

I also enjoy shows like "Myth Busters","Junkyard Wars"and "Ghost Hunters".

Star Trek and Star Wars are a must, BBT of course, and I loved to watch Batman series with Adam West when I was a kid, it was insane. I'm crazy about Batman, I love everything connected with him (except the horrible Batman & Robin and Batman Forever movies, WHY did they have to make them?!). Battlestar Galactica and Stargate are also OK, and now Torak piqued (or peaked, I have no idea which is correct) my interest in IT - Crowd :D

Hehe... To me the movies Batman and Robin, and Batman Forever were the best. Why? Because they were so camp! I mean the outfits and all! So funny!

-I hate the new batman movies though, because they try to be ultrarealistic and have that annoying engineer character.

-I hate the new batman movies though, because they try to be ultrarealistic and have that annoying engineer character.

I LOVE new Batman movies, Cristian Bale is finally a worthy replacement for Michael Keaton (although the voice is mildly idiotic, but I forgive him :icon_cheesygrin:), and the fact that the movies try to be realistic and dark/gloomy again appeals to me very, very much. Very much.

I only hope they won't ruin everything again. And I hope Angelina Jolie won't be the future Catwoman, she's way too sexy for the role (how can she pull - off the "I'm lonely and miserable secretary with a low self - esteem?" part? As the kid from the "Home Alone" movie would say - I don't think so ;)). I think Rachel Weisz would be better suited for the cat suit :icon_cheesygrin:.

@ivana you'll love it. here some of the best parts

Hello IT

Thank you very much, they're perfect :).

I'm downloading them right now, Season 3 is already finished. It's going to be a blast :cool::D!

- Star Trek

- Comic Books

- Sci-Fi movies

- Computers

- Vintage games (Mario Bros., Pacman, Frogger...)

- Super-Heroes

- The Big Bang Theory

- Spaceships

- Nerdy boys

- Space in general

- Physics

- Chemistry

- Studying

- FanFiction

- Star Trek

- Comic Books

- Sci-Fi movies

- Computers

- Vintage games (Mario Bros., Pacman, Frogger...)

- Super-Heroes

- The Big Bang Theory

- Spaceships

- Nerdy boys

- Space in general

- Physics

- Chemistry

- Studying

- FanFiction

Boy, you must be The nerdiest person in this site!

and BTW ivana Crsitian bale is lucky to have the bat costume, because the dude only has one expression!!!

-He must have attended the Australian school of wooden acting, which is sponsored by A Schwartzenegger...

Other than TBBT i'm into a pretty wide range of things, I like "Mythbusters" and most history shows such as "Warriors" and "World at War"

The closest "geeky" type programs i really like is "Red Dwarf" and "The IT Crowd" is also awesome.

And who can forget "Pocoyo" There's few programs better to wake up to.

I love watching the following other than TBBT, of course:

1. Deep Space 9

2. Firefly

3. Dr. Who (Seeds of Doom episodes)

4. Aliens in America

5. Freaks and Geeks

6. Shark

7. BBC Life Series