Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

1224 'The Stockholm Syndrome' (May 16)

Recommended Posts

In the final scene, where they're eating dinner in Apartment 4A, isn't Penny wearing the same outfit she was wearing, when Sheldon and Leonard invited her to eat with them, in the Pilot episode?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2019 at 10:10 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

In the final scene, where they're eating dinner in Apartment 4A, isn't Penny wearing the same outfit she was wearing, when Sheldon and Leonard invited her to eat with them, in the Pilot episode?

Same top. She wore jeans in the finale but denim short shorts in the pilot.

2019-05-30_Lenny_12years.thumb.jpg.fc74d5263c4b63a285656bd7f17d5d32.jpg

Edited by Cereal Apist
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2019 at 11:10 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

In the final scene, where they're eating dinner in Apartment 4A, isn't Penny wearing the same outfit she was wearing, when Sheldon and Leonard invited her to eat with them, in the Pilot episode?

It's also the top she wore in "The Recombination Hypothesis".  When Leonard asks her out.   Pilot, End, and getting back together with Leonard.  

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tensor said:

It's also the top she wore in "The Recombination Hypothesis".  When Leonard asks her out.   Pilot, End, and getting back together with Leonard.  

Yep!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tensor said:

It's also the top she wore in "The Recombination Hypothesis".  When Leonard asks her out.   Pilot, End, and getting back together with Leonard.  

All memorable scenes. She is also wearing the locket Leonard gave her when he went on the North Sea expedition in the last scene

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 or said:

It's also the top she wore in "The Recombination Hypothesis".  When Leonard asks her out.   Pilot, End, and getting back together with Leonard.  

Some final thoughts after re-watching the last episode.  Wouldn't it have been sweeter for Raj if he kept in contact with Anu  and since she was in London ask her to meet him in Sweden for the Nobel ceremony. You could still imagine what would happen next but at least it would have given him a little bit of closure.

For Penny and Leonard it was a little deflating, although I was happy to see it, to just reveal her pregnancy. Wouldn't it have been much more endearing to see Penny tell Leonard that she was pregnant and also her parents and to see their reactions. But they wasted so many episodes on Shamy's quest for the Nobel prize they kind of had to squeeze it in. The best time for Penny to tell Leonard why she did not want to have children was when her father visited and Leonard admitted to Penny he did not want to donate his sperm to Zack and Marissa.  Then maybe two or three episodes later Penny would reveal that she is late after Leonard urged her to put on her seductress lingerie again.  There certainly would have been plenty of laughs to fulfill this segment.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

For Penny and Leonard it was a little deflating, although I was happy to see it, to just reveal her pregnancy. Wouldn't it have been much more endearing to see Penny tell Leonard that she was pregnant and also her parents and to see their reactions. But they wasted so many episodes on Shamy's quest for the Nobel prize they kind of had to squeeze it in. The best time for Penny to tell Leonard why she did not want to have children was when her father visited and Leonard admitted to Penny he did not want to donate his sperm to Zack and Marissa.  Then maybe two or three episodes later Penny would reveal that she is late after Leonard urged her to put on her seductress lingerie again.  There certainly would have been plenty of laughs to fulfill this segment.

As I can't find an argument, cause I didn't try, I totally agree!!!

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

She is also wearing the locket Leonard gave her when he went on the North Sea expedition in the last scene

A very nice touch.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/3/2020 at 5:36 PM, chucky said:

For Penny and Leonard it was a little deflating, although I was happy to see it, to just reveal her pregnancy. Wouldn't it have been much more endearing to see Penny tell Leonard that she was pregnant and also her parents and to see their reactions.

Yes, it would, and also to see why she changed her mind. Penny has access to all sorts of medication, including birth control. Even if she's been promoted beyond the level where she carries around samples in her case, she could have nipped in to work to help herself to  a 'morning after' pill following the 'do you wanna ?' /'not wrapped' episode. The fact that she didn't do so tells me she must have decided at some point that she'd be OK with having a child after all. I really wish we had more than ' Well now she does' from Leonard to Sheldon to go on.Some  profound discussions could have taken the place of the whole sperm donor time-consuming nonsense.

Edited by joyceraye
vocab
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

Yes, it would, and also to see why she changed her mind. Penny has access to all sorts of medication, including birth control. Even if she's been promoted beyond the level where she carries around samples in her case, she could have nipped in to work to help herself to  a 'morning after' pill following the 'do you wanna ?' /'not wrapped' episode. The fact that she didn't do so tells me she must have decided at some point that she'd be OK with having a child after all. I really wish we had more than ' Well now she does' from Leonard to Sheldon to go on.Some  profound discussions could have taken the place of the whole sperm donor timewasting nonsense.

Yeah, they left us hanging on the Lenny pregnancy bit just to waste all those episodes on those stupid other scientist trying to butt in on the Nobel and of course the Zack bull crap. Such a waste when that time could have been better used with more thought and planning,

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, chucky said:

Yeah, they left us hanging on the Lenny pregnancy bit just to waste all those episodes on those stupid other scientist trying to butt in on the Nobel and of course the Zack bull crap. Such a waste when that time could have been better used with more thought and planning,

Exactly ! We heard Howardette and Shamy for years frequently talking about their future parenting, but Lenny had  the potential for interesting discussions which never came.Bernadette's misgivings were analysed and resolved in half an episode.We knew what they were. Penny's could have been revealed and chewed over rather than just reacted to, After a year without any new epsiodes,I still  feel a question mark hanging over the whole issue.

Edited by joyceraye
typo
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Exactly ! We heard Howardette and Shamy for years frequently talking about their future parenting, but Lenny had  the potential for interesting discussions which never came.Bernadette's misgivings were analysed and resolved in half an episode.We knew what they were. Penny's could have been revealed and chewed over rather than just reacted to, After a year without any new epsiodes,I still  feel a question mark hanging over the whole issue.

Totally agreed! Questions like, How did she tell her husband and  did they tell Wyatt? We know they didn't tell Beverly. We were forced to watch Bernadette tell Howard both times, but not Lenny. Although the second time Bernadette telling Howard was funny.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 11:05 PM, Tensor said:

Pilot, End, and getting back together with Leonard.  

Three of the major parts of the "Lenny" story.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 8:21 PM, joyceraye said:

Exactly ! We heard Howardette and Shamy for years frequently talking about their future parenting, but Lenny had  the potential for interesting discussions which never came....Penny's could have been revealed and chewed over rather than just reacted to.

I'm working on it.  😉

  • It's a Tiara 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tensor said:

I'm working on it.  😉

Thank you! You never disappoint us.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tensor said:

I'm working on it.  😉

Yes, your fanfic The Unwrapped Consequences is filling the gaps.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Yes, your fanfic The Unwrapped Consequences is filling the gaps.

Yes, you're giving us Lenny's perspective on the pregnancy. Which is way more than the show did.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chucky said:

Yes, you're giving us Lenny's perspective on the pregnancy. Which is way more than the show did.

I wonder if Amy's reaction will be that it's time to kick her own family off so that she and Penny will both have small babies at the same time, with Penny's just a bit older. With the Nobel prize no longer looming, they could go house-hunting. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I wonder if Amy's reaction will be that it's time to kick her own family off so that she and Penny will both have small babies at the same time, with Penny's just a bit older. With the Nobel prize no longer looming, they could go house-hunting. 

 

Yeah, but Penny will definitely make her breastfeed her own kids. No sharing!😊

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chucky said:

Yeah, but Penny will definitely make breastfeed her own kids. No sharing!😊

I certainly think Sheldon wouldn't trust Penny's intake to be good enough to pass on to his kids so yes, no sharing 

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I certainly think Sheldon wouldn't trust Penny's intake to be good enough to pass on to his kids so yes, no sharing 

Amy thought that them breast feeding each other's child was doable. But Penny, Leonard and yes, Sheldon too, would not allow that. I loved Penny's facial expression when Amy share that nugget of info.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, chucky said:

Amy thought that them breast feeding each other's child was doable. But Penny, Leonard and yes, Sheldon too, would not allow that. I loved Penny's facial expression when Amy share that nugget of info.

That expression is why I put this in the last chapter:  "...Bernadette kept saying I wanted them, I’d see after I had them, and Amy came in and gave me some creepy reasons."

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tensor said:

That expression is why I put this in the last chapter:  "...Bernadette kept saying I wanted them, I’d see after I had them, and Amy came in and gave me some creepy reasons."

Creepy is not a harsh enough word for Amy's suggestion of shared breastfeeding. Sometimes I wonder if she's somehow related to Howard.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chucky said:

Creepy is not a harsh enough word for Amy's suggestion of shared breastfeeding. Sometimes I wonder if she's somehow related to Howard.

Amy was no doubt in her old biologist/ anthropologist mode when she  dreamed that one up.In modern urban,affluent, western culture it tends not to be necessary except in emergencies, but there's nothing wrong with it. It's definitely not creepy  and globally perhaps not all that rare.

Out of interest, where I live, the police give free motorbike training to anybody who in return will collect and deliver donated fresh mother's milk to the hospital or to homes where it's needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Amy was no doubt in her old biologist/ anthropologist mode when she  dreamed that one up.In modern urban,affluent, western culture it tends not to be necessary except in emergencies, but there's nothing wrong with it. It's definitely not creepy  and globally perhaps not all that rare.

Out of interest, where I live, the police give free motorbike training to anybody who in return will collect and deliver donated fresh mother's milk to the hospital or to homes where it's needed. 

Okay dokay.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.