The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 1.01 Pilot

I don`t think I could have watched a TBBT with a Gilda in it.

When Leonard and Sheldon are walking upstairs they notice Penny`s front door is open and they stop and look. The music that is implied to be coming from Penny`s apartment, what is it?

I have seen one scene from the un-aired pilot and I agree that the current cast and show are much superior even though that one scene did contain some funny moments.

What scene was that? I just really didn't like that Katie at all and have no idea why they would offer her any assistance, she certainly didn't sdeserve any. I didn't mind Gilda, I thought she was an OK character.

After watching the un-aired pilot and watching this episode again, I see how much Penny brought to the show. Her character and the writing is so much better than the first one. So glad they changed it!

What scene was that? I just really didn't like that Katie at all and have no idea why they would offer her any assistance, she certainly didn't sdeserve any. I didn't mind Gilda, I thought she was an OK character.

I really, really disliked Katy (Katie?) as well.

And that's the thing that's bad about Gilda, is that she's just okay. I haven't seen a single person say they either loved or hated her. Rather, no one minds. That's even worse than having a character that everyone hates. It shows she wasn't adding anything, and wasn't annoying, but simply boring.

I thought the moment in the restaurant was funny when Sheldon said they weren't sitting at the correct table. That was about it.

We have a local channel that reruns TBBT and they always start this episode with the guys coming up the stairs. The scene at the sperm bank is cut out. Has anyone else seen a station do this?

We have a local channel that reruns TBBT and they always start this episode with the guys coming up the stairs. The scene at the sperm bank is cut out. Has anyone else seen a station do this?

Our "local" station that reruns TBBT has not shown this one yet or anytime lately but will keep a eye out and let you know.

The dancing bit at the end reminded me of this Sheldon quote

" ... while I subscribe to the many worlds theory which posits the existence of an infinite number of Sheldons in an infinite number of universes, I assure you that in none of them am I dancing."

Do you think this is a reference (and a statement) to this unused pilot?

I cannot speak to this as I have never seen the complete unaired pilot. All I have seen is about the first five minutes. Does Sheldon dance at the end of the episode?

I cannot speak to this as I have never seen the complete unaired pilot. All I have seen is about the first five minutes. Does Sheldon dance at the end of the episode?

yes

yes-it has happen in n.y. on t.b.s.

the dvd has them in the sperm bank.

yes

yes-it has happen in n.y. on t.b.s.

the dvd has them in the sperm bank.

sheldon,leonard,gilde are all dancing trying to.

katie was try to teach them.

they went as a experiment said leonard.

The moment I remember most about this episode was the look on Sheldon's face (it was absolutely adorable!) when Penny said "you're one of those 'Beautiful Minds' people, aren't you?"....He looked downwards and very softly said "yeah"...Priceless!

After that first electron joke, I was hooked...and the stairs joke,and and the boards (Sheldon getting the sarcasm in early about Leonard's board), Sheldon's spot, Sheldon slagging off Penny (only took 9 minutes) :icon_cheesygrin:..Leonard's paradox explanation.

Listen to Leonard's conversational style with Sheldon ahfter Penny went into the shower. He doesnt do that anymore. Pity. That nerd dynamic was nice.

“Stop saying coitusâ€. Brilliant

I would just LOVE that shower curtain

Howard (about Raj) “He's kind of a nerdâ€..........excellent.

I notice in this episode that raj cant talk TO women but can talk in their presence.

Haven't seen that either, even on TBS...was it too dirty or something? Anyone have a link to see that part?

I remember the first time I saw this epesode.

I have been hooked over since.

:)

Honestly I thought the pilot was brutal.

@hewolf--in ny they have start over

a few days ago,

on tbs-showed coming up steps.:icon_frown:

fox--is on monday (9/10) i will watch.

it could be part of the final cut tape,

the dvd shows its. it was great start to

the show.

I have S1 thru 5 on DVD. Just watched S1 Ep1 again, and it was just as good as the first time, now a classic.

What gets me is how the characters have changed, grown, aged.

(Almost makes me want to see firefly again too).

More healthy? What do you mean with that? :)

I mean they look more "fat" , specially Sheldon, if you see the three first seasons he was very thin but now it is easy to see he has more muscles and sometimes a little bit of belly too :) And same happen to Kaley, now she is little bit more fat or "healthy" (maybe I am not using the proper English word, sorry :)

If you look long and hard it's out there. I have a link on my iPad at home--if I remember I may try to post the link to the site here.

I don't know if it was flimed this way on purpose or it has to do with the quality of whatever print ended up online, but some of the scenes, particularly in the guys' apartment, are kind of dark, lighting-wise.

Anyway, there are actually several scenes or lines of dialog that survived intact, like the stuff about the whiteboards, and I think the thing about Sheldon's spot, maybe?

But Sheldon is very different--a bit more worldly and sexual (he's an ass-man...) and he and Leonard apparently make deposits at the sperm bank on a fairly regular basis for spare cash.

There's a girl who's sort of a Leslie Winkle-type, but friendlier, and the girl in the Penny spot (Katie, as noted above) is much sluttier and darker and a little mean to the guys. Also, she's not across the hall, but staying in the guys' spare room.

And Sheldon's not a virgin...

At the very end, Katie takes the guys and the girl to a club and encourages them to try dancing and they all do a sort of spastic leaping around.

There were some very funny moments in it and Johnny and Jim were excellent. In some ways it was a bit geekier, but also darker and more worldly.

If you look long and hard it's out there. I have a link on my iPad at home--if I remember I may try to post the link to the site here.I don't know if it was flimed this way on purpose or it has to do with the quality of whatever print ended up online, but some of the scenes, particularly in the guys' apartment, are kind of dark, lighting-wise.Anyway, there are actually several scenes or lines of dialog that survived intact, like the stuff about the whiteboards, and I think the thing about Sheldon's spot, maybe?But Sheldon is very different--a bit more worldly and sexual (he's an ass-man...) and he and Leonard apparently make deposits at the sperm bank on a fairly regular basis for spare cash.There's a girl who's sort of a Leslie Winkle-type, but friendlier, and the girl in the Penny spot (Katie, as noted above) is much sluttier and darker and a little mean to the guys. Also, she's not across the hall, but staying in the guys' spare room.And Sheldon's not a virgin...At the very end, Katie takes the guys and the girl to a club and encourages them to try dancing and they all do a sort of spastic leaping around.There were some very funny moments in it and Johnny and Jim were excellent. In some ways it was a bit geekier, but also darker and more worldly.

I've not seen the unaired episode. Maybe it's on YouTube.