The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 1.01 Pilot

I can link anyone to the unaired pilot. PM me and I will get back to you asap. Or, for those feeling cryptic and cannot wait...

I'm watching the unaired pilot now, and it's making me cringe. I don't know if I would have reacted so strongly if TBBT as it is now didn't already exist, but I'm definitely not enjoying. Thus far, it feels dirtier/seedier. Not the lighthearted show that I've come to love so much.

ETA: I'm actually laughing at a few things (so far, just the classic interactions between Sheldon and Leonard.) And, also, I hate the logo.

And, finished. I could not be happier that they changed the show, in its original form it doesn't seem like anything I'd ever be interested in.

Edited by MuseOfFire

The unaired pilot was funny I loved Gilda :D

But I didn`t like the dark apartment they had there and there was no broken elevator, no Sheldon spot on the couch, no Penny, no Howard, no Raj...

The aired pilot was better. ( Leonards and Sheldons apartment looked way better than in the unaired pilot). And I loved Sheldons explanation about his spot on the couch.

other favourite dialogues:

Leonard: Well, then that was wrong of us. We need to widen our circle.

Sheldon: I have a very wide circle. I have 212 friends on myspace.

Leonard: Yes, and you’ve never met one of them.

Sheldon: That’s the beauty of it.

Leonard: I’m going to invite her over. We’ll have a nice meal and chat.

Sheldon: Chat? We don’t chat. At least not offline.

and this one:

Penny: So, what do you guys do for fun around here?

Sheldon: Well, today we tried masturbating for money. *LOL* I laughed so hard about Sheldons answer :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
  :icon_lol:

and this one was very funny:

Penny: Oh God, you know, four years I lived with him, four years, that’s like as long as High School.

Sheldon: It took you four years to get through High School? *LOL*

and I also loved this one:

Leonard: Come on, we have a combined IQ of 360, we should be able to figure out how to get into a stupid building.

(Two girl scouts arrive carrying bags of cookies. One runs her hand down the intercom, pushing all the buttons. The door is buzzed open.)

Sheldon: What do you think their combined IQ is? *hahaha* Sheldon *LOL*

• Like 1

Now i look back and feel that the whole idea of going to sperm bank doesn't make any sense. I mean, how is Sheldon gonna masurbate? Does he know how to do it? Even if he does know how to do it, what is he gonna masturbate with? Since he is clearly not attracted to women's body. So i think this scene is a complete failure.

Now i look back and feel that the whole idea of going to sperm bank doesn't make any sense. I mean, how is Sheldon gonna masurbate? Does he know how to do it? Even if he does know how to do it, what is he gonna masturbate with? Since he is clearly not attracted to women's body. So i think this scene is a complete failure.

I think the writers indirectly addressed early Sheldon. They said that they weren't totally sure which direction they were going with Sheldon at that time.......lol..I personally am happy with the direction they went in.....

if u watch the unaired pilot u will discover sheldon has copies of big butt magazines and leonard states so your a bum man to wich sheldon replies a big bum is a sign of good child bearing ability's lol

Edited by happybanger

On 5/17/2014 at 6:52 AM, Kenny Leung said:

I mean, how is Sheldon gonna masurbate? Does he know how to do it?

According to Leonard, he's a semi-pro.  :icon_biggrin:

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

Why did Sheldon need to donate sperm, in order to afford faster broadband?  :icon_confused:  

He spends less than half his salary, so would have plenty of spare cash, to pay for the faster broadband.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

its great comparing the un-aired pilot to the real one...the show would've been completely different had they gone in the direction of the un-aired pilot

Was watching this a couple weeks ago. I think Howard has changed the most over 8 seasons.. 

Who would have thought in season 1 and 2 that he would be the first to get married? 

Would a Landlord rent out an apartment, with a non-working shower?

On 5/29/2013 at 7:38 AM, tyler92 said:

Can anyone explain the photon joke at the first moment of this episode? I don't get it.

It's not really a joke.

The "joke" is more to do with Sheldon thinking it would look good on a T-Shirt.

BTW: It turns out it does look good on a T-Shirt. 😀

IMG171.thumb.jpg.db883b849a0dd848e98b919a1bfa0031.jpg