The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sherminator

What book are you reading right now?

Karaoke Capitalism by Jonas Ridderstråle and Kjell A Nordström. What a brilliant book, I recommend it to anyone!

I don't usually read rom-coms but, hey, there was a 2-for-1 book deal so I decided to buy Olaf Stapledon - Last and First Men and One Day by David Nicholls.

You can gues which one's the rom-com and which one's the apocolyptic drama, right?

(One Day is the rom-com, and it's bloody amazing!)

Both very good books, I would recommend them to anyone.

I'm currently reading The Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson. Just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and started to read The Girl who played with Fire. Totally awesome crime novels i think.

Guest James

i have recently read Heroes of Olympus – The Lost Hero on my Kindle Wireless Reading Device, and it was really a good experience for me to transfer to e-book from paper book .

Guest Baron

hey guys....

right now i am reading Harry potter

my all time most favorite novel is.... harry Potter....

it just osam... i am big fan of it.......

Dragons of the autumn twilight, by Weiss and Hickman

It has been ten years the last time I read this book, but it still feels just as good.

I have to admit that I love the early Dragonlance books (original trilogy, twins trilogy, and the meeting sextet). Many say they are too clicheed and childish. but I say, so what?

to me dragonlance is one of the purest fantasy adventure series there is. The books are just that, adventure novels, and try not to be something else, like many of todays pretentious fantasy books.

also, I like the cast on them. The heroes of Dragonlance are not pure, noble heroes. The all have faults and past sins they carry with them. This makes them very likeable.

Oh, and I also love Larry elmores naive cover arts!

mind you, I do not like the more recent dragonlance books. All those hidden dragons on the backround, playing their powergames. I find them a bit boring.

hey....

now a days me also reading....

Harry Potter

it is my all time most favorite novel... i just love it...

Guest Christabel

Hello guys....!

I'm reading Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome. I don't know how well known it is. First published in 1889, it's incredibly relevant in today's world and very funny.I really love this type of books...!

Hello guys....!

I'm reading Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome. I don't know how well known it is. First published in 1889, it's incredibly relevant in today's world and very funny.I really love this type of books...!

I adore that book! It is really really funny, even though it is so old. The humour is so contemporary, unlike, say dickens.

I'm currently reading the Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy for the third time :icon_cheesygrin:. After that, I plan on reading The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkein, then all three Lord Of The Rings books also by J.R.R Tolkein. Then i'll try and get a copy of The Silmarillion, which is also by J.R.R Tolkein.

"Presumed Guilty" by Tess Gerritsen. It's a thriller. I read all the time, mostly thrillers/crime novels.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

The Zombie Survival Guide ... gotta be prepared

I just finished reading a biography about actor Sean Penn.

(who woulda thought there'd be a 470 page bio on the still living Sean Penn!?)

it was a good book though. it was written interview-style.

I just finished reading The Hunger Games, just so I could be "in the loop." It was okay. I mean, it was pretty good, because I haven't read a good book in a while, but it was basically American Battle Royale, and I love Battle Royale.

I'd recommend it if anyone hasn't read it, especially with the movie coming out next week.

I'm reading All God's Children Need Travelling Shoes, the 5th of 6 autobiographies by Dr. Maya Angelou. She's a very inspirational woman with everything she's been through.

I'm reading Craig Ferguson's autobiography, it is really interesting.

I'd love to read that. I think it's only available from on-line shopping here.

I am a great fan of the forensic genre & love all Jefferson Bass books ( have them all & currently waiting for new book to drop ). Also waiting for new book to drop this summer from Karin Slaughter

Bill Bass is founder of the famous Bodyfarm in Tennessee, he & Jon Jefferson are writing fiction together & am reading "The Bone Yard" at the moment. Bill Bass has written non fiction books about the building of "The Bodeyfarm" in Death's Acre.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

"The Nature of Space and Time" by Stehphen Hawking and Roger Penrose .. bought it last night at around 11PM and I am already at page 125.

I'm reading Craig Ferguson's autobiography, it is really interesting.

I'd love to read that. I think it's only available from on-line shopping here.

Same here, my partner bought it for me for xmas.

Still reading ,,Clash of Kings'' and ,,Ex Ponto''.

George R. R. Marin-,,Clash of Kings''

Ivo Andrić-,,Ex Ponto''