Don't like the Move to Thursdays

LestertheNightfly

I've been a fan of TBBT since the beginning. I've been lurking on here and reading posts for a while too. I really dislike CBS' decision to move TBBT to thursday. In my opinion, they are using the highest rated best sitcom they have on the network, as the time slot hit for these subpar looking comedies they are coming out with this fall. TBBT needs to stay on Monday nights in its current slot. I fear this move could unravel the show, causing it to lose ratings not gain them. I guess we will see when it returns in the fall. I hope I'm wrong.

I whole heartily agree.They are trying to support these new shows.After seeing some of the previews

they won't make it.TBBT's ratings will drop like a stone despite the huge following it has enjoyed.

Monday...Thursdays....so what? And if they are trying to 'support' others as you say, that's more good karma for them.

Look at Las Vegas.....there's seems to be a Cirque de Soleil show popping up in every hotel on the Strip. Why? They are creating more business for those hotels in dire need of tourists.

Incidentally, I have watched all shows up against BBT for the Awards Show... how can you possibly compare BBT with those mediocre show who think they are funny?

By the way, did you hear the "Soup Nazi" has reopened in New York? Those of you who remember "Seinfeld".

If it makes you guys feel any better TBBT has always been on Thursdays over ere in the UK and the ratings have been non-stop on an up. So hopefully it shouldn't affect it. If you enjoy the show then surely you'll watch it what ever night its on.

I am also a very big fan of two and a half men and with TBBT on right after that show made for one great Monday night of TV watching for me and the Mrs. So I am not crazy about the move to Thursday...but I will be there!

Personally I find there are too many shows on Mondays that I like... so changing TBBT to Thursday is ok, I will follow it. It will just mean I actually watch tv twice a week rather than once.

• 4 weeks later...

Mork and Mindy was killed after the first season when they moved its timeslot - ironically from a Thursday to a Monday. They did the same in the same in the UK intentionally to kill off Dr Who by putting it prime time Modays against Coronation Street or whatever was on at the time. Of course it was never going to survive that - Until it was brought back a few years ago with Chris Ecclestone/David Tennant/Matt Wright.