If you like Anime what's your favourite?

This is my list of favourite movie and TV anime

1.Akira

2.Ghost In the Shell (the movie)

3.Porco Rosso

4.Spirited away

5.The wings of Honneamise

6.Macross Saga

7.Cowboy Bebop

8.Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex

9.Ghost in the Shell - Second GIG

10.Space Cruiser Yamato

I do have others like Gundum wing and destiny but the list above is the ones I will watch over and over.

I'vve seen some anime films, but only one I've liked is Ghost in the Shell.

-But I do not really like the genre, so rarely rent or buy anime...

-Last anime i rented was Steamboy. It was horrible. I mean i loathed it. yeah, it may not be your proper anime, but still...

I am probabily showing my age,but I started off with "Star Blazers".Most of your list I like.I would add

"Escaflowne" and"The Last Exile".

I enjoyed last exile a lot as did my wife. Just havn't got around to buying it.

Steamboy was a bit of a dissappointment for me as well. Considering the names behind the production I was hoping for a lot more.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

This is my list of favourite movie and TV anime

1.Akira

2.Ghost In the Shell (the movie)

3.Porco Rosso

4.Spirited away

5.The wings of Honneamise

6.Macross Saga

7.Cowboy Bebop

8.Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex

9.Ghost in the Shell - Second GIG

10.Space Cruiser Yamato

I do have others like Gundum wing and destiny but the list above is the ones I will watch over and over.

hehe kinda classics :D

i used to watch a lot of anime, like

code geass

death note

Naruto

Bleach

Blood +

hellsing

maria † Holic

Fairy tail

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Sayonara zetsubou sensei

Elfen lied

Monster (the greatest anime series I've ever seen)

Twin spica

Suzumiya haruhi no yuuutsu

well, I don't remember anymore xD now I'm only watching naruto, bleach, fairy tail, and maria holic.

Yeah, I don't really enjoy anime that much, but there was a time in my young life where I attempted to watch every horror anime listed on Wikipedia. :p Out of those, my favourites were Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni and Elfen Lied.

Ghost in the Shell used to be on adultswim (or it still is, I don't know) so sometimes I'd stay up late to watch, but I never really followed the series. It was a little dark for my tastes.

Ghost In The Shell was kinda the first groundbreaker anime to hit the Western world.

I remember watching Akira at the cinemas.

Star Blazers and the 80s print of Astroboy were always our "before and after school" television shows.

Kimba The White Lion was also a fave. Ninja Scrolls is my ultimate anime fix. Never really got into the Sailor Moon/Be-Bop style of Anime. Deathnote was an awesome series.

Here in Australia we actually have a lot of Anime conventions. Not quite ComicCon, but I must admit, we do put on a pretty good nerd-fest here downunder. We have recently been getting the Armageddon festival hitting our shores on a regular basis. I believe this festival originates from the USA, yeah?

The only "after school anime" I used to watch was Yu-Gi-Oh. I still have some of the cards laying around the house. I even wanted to get one of those "card discs" (if that's what they're called) that strap onto your arm.

I read the manga for Death Note. I attempted to watch the anime, but it was crazy. "I'll take this potato chip... AND EAT IT!!" C'mon, seriously, what kind of genius top-of-the-class 100-percent test scorer pretty boy says something like that?

• 3 weeks later...

@Ren7Waugh: yeah.. loved that film. Got great reviews when it came out. The studio that made it have gone on to make some awesome anime. Can't think of the director off the top of my head, but his work has become legendary.

I saw the entire studio collection in our local dvd outlet for around $150AU the other day... will be a very tempting purchase come tax return time.

Kenichi: History's Strongest Disciple

Hitman Reborn

Dragonball & Z

Inazuma Eleven

currently watching

Blue Exorcist

Inazuma Eleven Go

Deadman Wonderland

there are a few more that i've watched...but thats all i can think of

• 1 month later...

I'm including manga in this(incomplete) list:

-Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (though AnoHana for short)

-Cage of Eden

-Monster

-Eureka Seven

-Cross Game

-Rurouni Kenshin

-ST&RS

-Bakuman

-BECK

-Fullmetal Alchemist

-Most films by Ghibli

-ALL films by Makoto Shinkai

• 2 months later...