Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Young Sheldon Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, vonmar said:

From Steve Harvey's You Tube Channel....these kids are so cute.

 

LOL yeah and Reagen seems to like Montana (I don't mean it in a romantic way). 

Edited by bfm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Variety

‘Young Sheldon’: Zoe Perry Sings ‘Soft Kitty’ (Watch) 

“Young Sheldon” has revealed the origins of “Soft Kitty,” the song adult Sheldon Cooper (“The Big Bang Theory’s” Jim Parsons) needs to hear any time he is sick.

In the episode entitled “A Sneeze, Detention, and Sissy Spacek,” flu season hit Medford and the titular young Sheldon (Iain Armitage) did whatever he could to try to avoid getting sick, including putting on his astronaut Halloween costume (complete with helmet!) — but unfortunately his efforts did not prove to be enough.

Struck down with illness, Sheldon laid in bed with a compress on his forehead and his mom (Zoe Perry) sang to him. After hearing the verse once, Sheldon smiled and asked for it again — the beginning of something that becomes a pattern for him.

From Variety's You Tube Channel...

 

  • Like 3
  • Koala Face 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "Sneeze" episode was very funny! Glad the texan boy won aganst germophobic boy at some point, poor Mary, LOL!

The soft kitty moment was just perfect! Loved it!

Btw did you notice Ian is doing faces similar Jim did in firsts tbbt seasons? Good job in character built, YS team! 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, spidergirl said:

The "Sneeze" episode was very funny! Glad the texan boy won aganst germophobic boy at some point, poor Mary, LOL!

The soft kitty moment was just perfect! Loved it!

Btw did you notice Ian is doing faces similar Jim did in firsts tbbt seasons? Good job in character built, YS team! 

I think Iain learned from Jim over the course of taping the show. There are moments when I'm quite sure his performance is an imitation of Jim performing the same line to guide him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bfm said:

I think Iain learned from Jim over the course of taping the show. There are moments when I'm quite sure his performance is an imitation of Jim performing the same line to guide him.

Sure Ian did . My point was in beginning of the show Ian facial expression imo was far as Sheldon's. It is something he has been improving every episode, which is great.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Sure Ian did . My point was in beginning of the show Ian facial expression imo was far as Sheldon's. It is something he has been improving every episode, which is great.

I agree, that is what I meant by "over the course of taping"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bfm said:

I agree, that is what I meant by "over the course of taping"

I know. I just made my statement clearer.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Extra

This Is How Jim Parsons Explained Sheldon to Iain Armitage

Iain Armitage is truly the breakout star of the past year, appearing as Ziggy in “Big Little Lies” and landing the lead role in “Young Sheldon”!

Now he’s covering the latest issue of Emmy Magazine and dishing on his career.

<full article in the link>

 

iain-armitage-emmy-2.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahead of the premiere of Young Sheldon in the U.K. later this month, the Channel 4 press site has interviews with Iain Armitage and the show's cast and crew:

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/young-sheldon-an-interview-with-iain-armitage-who-plays-sheldon

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/young-sheldon-an-interview-with-the-cast-and-creators

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From New Zealand Herald

Young Sheldon takes The Big Bang Theory old school

Throughout 10 seasons of The Big Bang Theory, audiences have gotten to know and love Sheldon Cooper, the brilliant and infuriating theoretical physicist played to precise perfection by Jim Parsons.

With Big Bang's long-standing status as the most-watched show on television, and mainstream pop culture's tendency to wring every last drop out of any success, a spin-off was surely inevitable.

Enter Young Sheldon: A new prequel that explores Sheldon's oft-referenced Texas upbringing.

<full article in the link>

 

F3VRDIWCMVB2ZFKSC4NTQT2JYU.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honest to God, I cannot lie/have a crush on Meemaw.

Meemaw is hot, something I never thought I'd say (no offensive June Squibb)... but Annie Pots...

I can honestly say I'm crushing on Meemaw right now.

 

Edited by ShelledInCoopedUp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Babar said:

Now about to watch next week's Young Sheldon.

Good luck with that. I've only seen the commercials for "YS". I get enough of Sheldon with TBBT.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, chucky said:

Good luck with that. I've only seen the commercials for "YS". I get enough of Sheldon with TBBT.

I like YS, I think it's a cute show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Babar said:

I like YS, I think it's a cute show.

As I said I can tolerate only so much Sheldon, older or younger version.  :icon_razz:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chucky said:

As I said I can tolerate only so much Sheldon, older or younger version.  :icon_razz:

I am sympathetic to yr comment. It is one thing to hear condescenion. insults, and obnoxiousness from an adult but to hear it from a nine yr old borders on criminal.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I am sympathetic to yr comment. It is one thing to hear condescenion. insults, and obnoxiousness from an adult but to hear it from a nine yr old borders on criminal.

My main question is, Why do we need two Sheldon Cooper shows? Is there a difference other than one is thirty something years old and the other is nine.?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, chucky said:

My main question is, Why do we need two Sheldon Cooper shows? Is there a difference other than one is thirty something years old and the other is nine.?

YS is a single-cam family comedy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.