how many internet forums do you attend regurarly?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Always I return to Gallifrey Base if only to Read & Lurk. Most other websites tend to fall by the waist-side eventually. What can I say: I'm a Forum Fanatic Who --- You Joins, plays hard and leaves without a second glance behind me. *Teasing* :p

EDIT: Spelling mistakes from exhaustion.

Edited by The God Particle

I used to be active on several.  Nowadays I am active on one for most of the year and active on another the other 3 months.  I have yet to decide if this will be a real second board or not.  For a show this popular this board does not get the kind of traffic I am used to.

I used to be active on several.  Nowadays I am active on one for most of the year and active on another the other 3 months.  I have yet to decide if this will be a real second board or not.  For a show this popular this board does not get the kind of traffic I am used to.

If you looking for drug traffic, look no further than our own Walnucowboy.

-or the 'doc' walnut, as his customers like to call him!

Always I return to Gallifrey Base if only to Read & Lurk. Most other websites tend to fall by the waist-side eventually. What can I say: I'm a Forum Fanatic Who --- You Joins, plays hard and leaves without a second glance behind me. *Teasing* :p

EDIT: Spelling mistakes from exhaustion.

Thank you for letting me know about Gallifrey Base. I became a member but haven't posted thereyet.

GB for certain. They tend to have really in-depth discussions, a lot of show information that can be easy to access and usually tends to be very polite even when people disagree. It is a bit upscale (most members post with proper grammar) but nobody goes after people who don't conform. Although sometimes a post will be ignored if it doesn't use basic capitalization and/ or periods. Lately there has been a little bit of a downturn with some people getting into it over various things but if you join just to Read and occasionally post that behavior can quite easily be ignored.

For Doctor Who matters it is where I tend to go. Rarely do I ever post anymore and I never engage in conversation. I'm a bit "Sheldon" on there to be honest. It is an amazing site and generally very welcoming without being overwhelming or negative. No matter what I shall always be a member, even if I don't post for years.

• Like 1

GB for certain. They tend to have really in-depth discussions, a lot of show information that can be easy to access and usually tends to be very polite even when people disagree. It is a bit upscale (most members post with proper grammar) but nobody goes after people who don't conform. Although sometimes a post will be ignored if it doesn't use basic capitalization and/ or periods. Lately there has been a little bit of a downturn with some people getting into it over various things but if you join just to Read and occasionally post that behavior can quite easily be ignored. For Doctor Who matters it is where I tend to go. Rarely do I ever post anymore and I never engage in conversation. I'm a bit "Sheldon" on there to be honest. It is an amazing site and generally very welcoming without being overwhelming or negative. No matter what I shall always be a member, even if I don't post for years.

Thanks, The God Particle! I might just see you over there at some point! :D

• Like 1

It really isn't, is it?

Nope.  I am used to seeing several hundred people viewing threads, new threads ballooning in their first hour to 100 posts or so, and other new threads being buried to page 2 in less than half an hour.  This board needs more moderation so it is not so lopsided in favor of the overly devoted fans. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I spend a week searching for a nice forum with kindred spirits and upbeat, interesting posts.

No luck this far.

I only managed to find a lot of very dull forums, and lot of troll infested discussion sites.

But the worst were the forums that were filled with your average joes and janes. I mean those folks aren't too bright, and the posts they make reflects this... I mean sheesh!!!!

So, I guess I have to stay here a bit longer.

-oh no! -Tripper

What's that?

-I, uh, just said don't go! -Tripper

Oh. Well, all right then.

not so many anymore

lol

i keep joining people at forums and then they turn out to be flops

and quit so easily you know

give up their forum just like that... fine by me, their choice

but then just stop making forums if you can't handle it.... seriously

i tried going on pokemon forums on a daily bases as I LOVE POKEMON

but for some reason they arent as entertaining

not sure why

You know what is scary?

-Dead Forums in internet!!!

Scaaaarryyyyyy...

What I mean is sometimes you find a really spiffy looking discussion site on the internet, with lot of interesting topics and so on. And then you join in, and activate your membership.

And then you look at the forum a bit closer, and you realize that all the posts are several years old! Nobody has visited the forum for years! It is, in fact, a dead forum! And you're there, all alone! It's like being in a haunted house, I tell you!

Scary! And a bit sad too.

You know what is scary?-Dead Forums in internet!!! Scaaaarryyyyyy... What I mean is sometimes you find a really spiffy looking discussion site on the internet, with lot of interesting topics and so on. And then you join in, and activate your membership. And then you look at the forum a bit closer, and you realize that all the posts are several years old! Nobody has visited the forum for years! It is, in fact, a dead forum! And you're there, all alone! It's like being in a haunted house, I tell you! Scary! And a bit sad too.

I saw one like that - two Alice Cooper forums, and one was exactly like your description, apart from the odd few "recent" comments... I mean, I like Alice, but I don't think I'd like to join one of those forums. I'm surprised the forums weren't closed.

I saw one like that - two Alice Cooper forums, and one was exactly like your description, apart from the odd few "recent" comments... I mean, I like Alice, but I don't think I'd like to join one of those forums. I'm surprised the forums weren't closed.

I like Alice too!

But as far as forums go, most run on automatic pretty well, with even new members taken in on automatic.

That way it's easy to understand how such dead forums can still be there 'active'.

-their founders have just forgotten all about them!

I like Alice too!But as far as forums go, most run on automatic pretty well, with even new members taken in on automatic.That way it's easy to understand how such dead forums can still be there 'active'.-their founders have just forgotten all about them!

I see what you mean - kind of "dead" , but still "active" at the same time... :)

Mind you, one of the forums was beautifully laid out - all red and black, with the round Billion Dollar Baby logo serving as the forum threads..! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Mind you, on such dead forum, you can really troll your heart out, and nobody will notice!!!No mods around, see. :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

True..! :D But would you want to join such a forum where there's little or no activity..?