Community

starchild

Does anyone else watch "Community"? Season 1 of this TV series is just about to finish off in Australia. I have only watched a few episodes, and the humour in this series are quite sharp. Two episodes which come to mind are the ones related to "Ghosting" (where students are not allow to sing the song by the Righteous Brothers), as well as the paint-ball episode.

It is quite well done - I am thinking about buying the Season 1 DVD which comes out later in September.

• 2 years later...
Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I started watching it but it didn't do anything for me so I stopped.

Edited by Sursonica

Community gets better when they realize that Abed and Troy are the two stars of the show.  The problem is since they have never really give the audience a romantic storyline they can sink their teeth into, the show is always close to being cancelled.  Chevy hating the show has also taken its toll on his character whose lines seem forced most of the time.  Thankfully if the show survives this season next season will be without Chevy.

The show can be brilliantly funny at times and in others a real snoozefest depending on who they are featuring the most.

Community gets better when they realize that Abed and Troy are the two stars of the show.  The problem is since they have never really give the audience a romantic storyline they can sink their teeth into, the show is always close to being cancelled.  Chevy hating the show has also taken its toll on his character whose lines seem forced most of the time.  Thankfully if the show survives this season next season will be without Chevy.

The show can be brilliantly funny at times and in others a real snoozefest depending on who they are featuring the most.

I'm late to the party on Community. Just up to Season 2 now, where Abed and Troy are being featured together more. I can see what you mean already, they click. Great comic duo. This show had a comic duo thing going with Sheldon and Penny during S2-3.

I wonder why Chevy hated the show. When does he leave?

Edited by Moonbase

I'm late to the party on Community. Just up to Season 2 now, where Abed and Troy are being featured together more. I can see what you mean already, they click. Great comic duo. This show had a comic duo thing going with Sheldon and Penny during S2-3.

I wonder why Chevy hated the show. When does he leave?

From what I gather, creative differences/shouting matches.  The last time I looked to see if the show had been cancelled I saw an article about it.  This is his last season.

Instead of normalizing Abed they go the other way so it is like watching a reverse Sheldon.  They do that with Troy too.  If you are only up to early season 2 the best is still ahead of you.

I think the big difference between Community and TBBT is that Community is more fearless. They just go for it.  I am not sure Community would have made all the same cast choices if they knew early on what they know now.

Unfortunately it is not mainstream enough and thus it is hanging by a thread.