The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

4.01 The Robotic Manipulation (Sept. 23)

FANTASTIC!!! Big Bang is back and better than ever. I laughed so hard I nearly rolled off the couch. Thank you thank you thank, Chuck and Bill and everyone who makes this incredible show.

Steve

The Wiki

Ok, so episode done! For those who haven't saw it yet, I suggest you stop reading here because, well, SPOILERS!

Ok, for everyone else. I may not be the best of judges, as I'm easily pleased, but I really liked this episode!

The Shamy story. Now it could have been boring, except that Penny's presence kinda saved the date in my opinion! It was, like, with her in the picture, Sheldon and Amy had someone to make fun of! Which was kinda funny to see, in my opinion!

Also, I might have some Penny-Amy (Pamy?) dreams after this episode! LOL ^_^

But now, the best part: The robot arm thing! Althought it was slightly predictable, especcially with Howard, it was very funny (as Raj put it: ''ask everyone'')! I almost choked when Leonard and Raj were just standing there, in Howard's room! And the whole ''Are you ashamed of your mother?'' ''Yes but that's not the point!'' was hilarious! :)

So, yeah, love it! Althought I kinda have a feeling it won't be liked by everyone, especcially with Sheldon having a date... that's not the most popular of ideas, after all...

I think the 4th season is off to a very good start! I won't give any spoilers but I think it was very funny had some real LOL moments myself. The opening with the robotic arm was particularly funny. Can't wait for next week!

FANTASTIC!!! Big Bang is back and better than ever. I laughed so hard I nearly rolled off the couch. Thank you thank you thank, Chuck and Bill and everyone who makes this incredible show.

Steve

The Wiki

Absolutely hilarious!

As soon as he looked at the arm that way I could tell what he was thinking, and I just knew what would happen... GOLD!

Awesome episode! I would've liked to have seen more of Sheldon and Amy's conversation during their date though. My mom watched the show with me and thought that the robot problem involving Howard was "nasty." My mom's very conservative though. I thought the whole situation was classic.

I LOVED the episode! Howard and his robotic arm were brilliant, especially the scene where he, Leonard and Raj are entering the hospital, it totally cracked me up :)! I did expect more from Amy character, she can do better, but maybe I just have to adapt to her, since she is a new person on the show. I am so looking forward to new episodes!!!

I live in Australia and I want to find out when (or if) the Big Bang Theory is on. Help?

At the moment on Nine they've been playing season 2 (I believe they're up to 2x05) on Tuesdays at 8-ish. It's also on Go! on mosts nights but they're playing season 1 again. I think on Wednesdays they play new episodes, but I'm not quite sure. Check your TV Guide if you want to know the times (:

The scene in the Hospital when the Doc asked where the rest of the 'robot' was, and Howard said he just built the arm and she answers 'Cos thats ALL you needed, right!' Priceless :D

• Like 1

Shermator if you want to see a fat chick go out with one, it would ruin the show, besides most actors/actresses are healthy looking.

I don't see why if Sheldon liked women would be a bad thing, because what guy doesn't have desires remember what Leonard said in the pilot he's a semi-pro.

What's with them trying to make it sound like penny is a slut, and making sheldon imply that she is one, there was some holes in sheldon's theory of penny, first he needs to take in account that she's 24-25 started dating 14 just broke up with Kurt after 4 years and dated Leonard close to a year so unless when she was single and went out close to every weekend and brought home a guy and slept with them would that even come close she'd have to have almost 6 a year for sheldon's "math".

I'm convinced Sheldon has had sex at least once he talks about being unsanitary and messy he wouldn't know that if he hadn't done it before

I have an issue with Sheldon's math, he has know Penny for 3 yrs and she's been single for has seen her with 17 men, she's dated around 10 years wouldn't that make his math 80 something not twice or a little over that, now I have no idea what a bell curve has anything to do with anything, know why minus 21 why not 20 or 22, where does .18 come into account, did he forget to add Kurt to his equations.

It makes me laugh when people complain about the relationships on the show, that's a focal point of this show and sitcoms.

lol, don't worry, Shermy! At least he's not in a date with Penny, and he is actually seeing someone... of his species, if I may say so... It might actually be funny to watch! You know, like watching the interaction between two members of a nearly-extinct species, or something!

Basically, what I'm saying is we'll just wait and see how it will turn out! It might be hilarious in the end!

Althought, I too hope they will keep the nerdy/geeky world around! This is what makes this sitcom the best, after all! :)

Well that wouldn't be a bad idea if Sheldon and her went out.

Given how anal the writers/producers are when it comes to getting the science in the show spot on, I reckon they would have got the math right too.

Could definitely benefit by googling what a bell curve is as it looks like this is what makes that particular piece of math work.

Well if it was a math or science problem yes but not what this is, they probably just thought up some numbers and put them together.

The scene in the Hospital when the Doc asked where the rest of the 'robot' was, and Howard said he just built the arm and she answers 'Cos thats ALL you needed, right!' Priceless :D

Poor Howard..! :lol:

I LOVED the episode! Howard and his robotic arm were brilliant, especially the scene where he, Leonard and Raj are entering the hospital, it totally cracked me up :)! I did expect more from Amy character, she can do better, but maybe I just have to adapt to her, since she is a new person on the show. I am so looking forward to new episodes!!!

Loved this episode too with Howard and the robotic arm! :p