The owner of the comic book store in Pasadena

In Season 1, Episode 14, Leonard wants to get rid of all his collectibles after an argument with Penny. He says he’ll sell his entire lot to Larry at the comic book store.

I know of Lonely Larry, but it seems unlikely an individual would buy an entire collection, and that the deal will take place in a store.

Instead it seemed like Leonard is selling his stuff to the owner of the store. So is this the same comic book store that Stuart owned? Was the previous owner called Larry? Or did the guys frequent another comic book store in season 1?

14 hours ago, AdrianXavier said:

In Season 1, Episode 14, Leonard wants to get rid of all his collectibles after an argument with Penny. He says he’ll sell his entire lot to Larry at the comic book store.

I know of Lonely Larry, but it seems unlikely an individual would buy an entire collection, and that the deal will take place in a store.

Instead it seemed like Leonard is selling his stuff to the owner of the store. So is this the same comic book store that Stuart owned? Was the previous owner called Larry? Or did the guys frequent another comic book store in season 1?

I think he said Stuart as he was the owner of the Comic Book Store! Lonely Larry was just a customer as was Captain Sweatpants.

• 6 months later...
8 hours ago, silkscale said:

In my experience, individuals are far more likely to buy entire collections than store owners. I'm reasonably sure it was Lonely Larry.

Disagree. Individuals usually pick and choose what they want. The set may contain items that is already owned by the individual. So why then buy the set? Whereas the shop owner will buy the set to resale them. Lonely Larry never looked like he could afford more than a few comic books. Of course that's just my humble opinion.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1