Episode 2.19

michelle2010

• 5 years later...

That episode was so much fun.

Loved that part here:

Penny: Okay, new topic, please. Hey, did you hear the people upstairs in 5A are moving out?

Leonard: Shh-shh-shh!

Sheldon: What?

Penny: The people upstairs are moving out.

Leonard: No!

Sheldon: The horror!

Leonard: Why would you just say something like that?

Sheldon: No, no, no, no, no, no, no…

Penny: How else was I supposed to say it?

Leonard: Slowly, like putting a new fish in a tank. You don’t just drop it in, you let the bag sit in the water a while.

Sheldon: The horror!

Penny: Sheldon, I’m sure it’s going to be fine.

Sheldon: No, it’s not going to be fine, change is never fine. They say it is, but it’s not.

Penny: Okay, honey, did you even know the people that are moving out?

Sheldon: I never met them. That’s what made them perfect, there were no awkward hellos in the halls, there was no clickety-clacking of high heel shoes on hardwood floors, they may as well have been a family of cats just jumping around from drape to drape without that annoying ammonia urine smell.

Penny: Well, I’m sure the new people will be just as quiet.

Sheldon: You can’t know that. How can you possibly know that?

Penny: You’re right, I can’t. You know what? Anyone could rent that apartment now, an opera singer, the cast of stomp, yeah, a tap-dancing pirate with a wooden leg.

Leonard: Why are you making it worse?

Penny: I tried making it better, he wouldn’t go for it.

So hysterical *LOL*

And the funny fight with Howard and his mom:

Howard (voice from inside): Enough with the guilt, ma, we’ll still see each other. I’ll come over every night and have dinner with you.

Howard’s Mother (voice): The hell you will! What am I running here, a fancy restaurant? Does this look like Olive Garden?

Howard (voice): Okay, I get it, you’re angry. You don’t want to see your little bird leave the nest.

Howard’s Mother (voice): Little bird? You’re almost 30, fly, for god’s sake!

Howard (voice): Fine, I’ll stay! You happy, crazy lady? I sure as hell hope so, because you’re ruining my life!

And I kinda liked that Alicia. Loved that Sheldon asked her all those weird questions *LOL*

And Sheldons mimicry of that admiral from Star Wars was so amusing *LOL*

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It just occurred to me that perhaps the fact that Alicia's great success is getting the part of Dead Hooker is a comment on the roles available to women in TV (or the stereotype of such roles). If so, I think that's the only time the writers had a joke with the audiance not through the characters.