The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
michelle2010

Episode 2.19

I have a theory based on observation. But as my warning level is already at 20, I dare not write it here!

BTW, there is already a thread for this episode. That is where you should direct questions like this, so as not to make the forum confusing.

That episode was so much fun.

Loved that part here:

Penny: Okay, new topic, please. Hey, did you hear the people upstairs in 5A are moving out?

Leonard: Shh-shh-shh!

Sheldon: What?

Penny: The people upstairs are moving out.

Leonard: No!

Sheldon: The horror!

Leonard: Why would you just say something like that?

Sheldon: No, no, no, no, no, no, no…

Penny: How else was I supposed to say it?

Leonard: Slowly, like putting a new fish in a tank. You don’t just drop it in, you let the bag sit in the water a while.

Sheldon: The horror!

Penny: Sheldon, I’m sure it’s going to be fine.

Sheldon: No, it’s not going to be fine, change is never fine. They say it is, but it’s not.

Penny: Okay, honey, did you even know the people that are moving out?

Sheldon: I never met them. That’s what made them perfect, there were no awkward hellos in the halls, there was no clickety-clacking of high heel shoes on hardwood floors, they may as well have been a family of cats just jumping around from drape to drape without that annoying ammonia urine smell.

Penny: Well, I’m sure the new people will be just as quiet.

Sheldon: You can’t know that. How can you possibly know that?

Penny: You’re right, I can’t. You know what? Anyone could rent that apartment now, an opera singer, the cast of stomp, yeah, a tap-dancing pirate with a wooden leg.

Leonard: Why are you making it worse?

Penny: I tried making it better, he wouldn’t go for it.

So hysterical *LOL*

And the funny fight with Howard and his mom:

Howard (voice from inside): Enough with the guilt, ma, we’ll still see each other. I’ll come over every night and have dinner with you.

Howard’s Mother (voice): The hell you will! What am I running here, a fancy restaurant? Does this look like Olive Garden?

Howard (voice): Okay, I get it, you’re angry. You don’t want to see your little bird leave the nest.

Howard’s Mother (voice): Little bird? You’re almost 30, fly, for god’s sake!

Howard (voice): Fine, I’ll stay! You happy, crazy lady? I sure as hell hope so, because you’re ruining my life!

And I kinda liked that Alicia. Loved that Sheldon asked her all those weird questions *LOL*

And Sheldons mimicry of that admiral from Star Wars was so amusing *LOL*

Probably she wanted to wear long pants, but the long pants have a hole. So she's covering them with the shorts.

It just occurred to me that perhaps the fact that Alicia's great success is getting the part of Dead Hooker is a comment on the roles available to women in TV (or the stereotype of such roles). If so, I think that's the only time the writers had a joke with the audiance not through the characters.