The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Molecules

Penny's Bra

TBBT fandom please help. I obtained a bra utilized by Kaley Kuoco (Penny), in an episode of TBBT. The bra came with a detailed label, and a Certificate of Authenticity from Hollywood Prop Supply, off e-bay. Hollywood Prop Supply is not sure in which episode the garment was used. My plan is to hopefully eventually have it processed into TBBT wardrobe cards, and auctioned off for breast cancer research. As a certified nerd, I have limited experience with bras, and I have never had this much trouble with one. Knights, and ladies, please help me in my noble quest. Help me, obi-wan. Your my only hope. Thanks, Molecules

P.S. I think I remember an episode where Penny had 2 similarly red/pink colored straps showing, but I can not remember the exact episode.

penny bra.jpg

Edited by Molecules
mas informacion

Posted (edited)

The reason for a paucity of replies to this topic  has just  dawned on me. First, I am a nerd, and have always been so. I have the requisite collection of sci-fi collectibles, ad nauseam. As nerds, things like a woman's bra are not often in our vocabulary. I am convinced that my fellow nerds  and are too shy to respond, especially if they knew the episode in which it was used. It would have been easier for early Raj to tell Penny something. Plus Raj would have more likely worn it.

Edited by Molecules
[sp]
  • Like 2

Episode 7.11 Penny is shown in a bra. Don't think it's the same one.

57 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

In 9.01 Sheldon had a bra of Penny's.

952425389_02TheSeparationOscillation-0007.jpg.a09e8694b57b55c9b26d28d33e0c5842.jpg

If you mean this scene (taken from the next episode S9/The Separation Oscillation), this bra doesn’t correspond to what we are looking for (and I'm no expert in such fashionable finesses 😁).

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for all the efforts. It is not PC, but this search almost gives permission to stare a a woman's bra. It is not staring, if you are trying to solve a riddle. It is hopefullyfor an ultimate good cause. FYI, this bra was apparently never washed, per Hollywood Prop Supply, and contrary to Howard's comment, Penny does not smell like a cheese cake scented goddess, but more like cinnamon (and I do not mean Raj's dog). Forgive me, if I offended anyone, as Bernadette might state about Howard, much of what I write is intended to be humorous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Molecules said:

Penny does not smell like a cheese cake scented goddess, but more like cinnamon (and I do not mean Raj's dog)

Now that's funny!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Molecules said:

Thanks for all the efforts. It is not PC, but this search almost gives permission to stare a a woman's bra. It is not staring, if you are trying to solve a riddle. It is hopefullyfor an ultimate good cause. FYI, this bra was apparently never washed, per Hollywood Prop Supply, and contrary to Howard's comment, Penny does not smell like a cheese cake scented goddess, but more like cinnamon (and I do not mean Raj's dog). Forgive me, if I offended anyone, as Bernadette might state about Howard, much of what I write is intended to be humorous.

I have no idea how talking about bras in this day and age would be offensive. When I first wore them they were called brassieres. (In 9.14 Meemaw caled them that.)  I think the very sound of the word made them something for children to giggle at, even girls.  Around the time the word was shortened they became so much more pleasant that they were advertised on TV, which was where I first heard the word 'bra'.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Molecules said:

It is not PC, but this search almost gives permission to stare a a woman's bra.

I don't think there's anything wrong with staring at bras, or indeed the persons underneath them.

Woman are beautiful, and nothing wrong with looking at beautiful things.

ETA: If I had to choose my favourite Penny in a bra image, this would be it.

penny.jpg.0bec9b49f582078ab0481372734c69f1.jpg

:heat: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with staring at bras, or indeed the persons underneath them.

Technically that's a bikini top. But basically there're the same thing,😏

On 3/10/2020 at 8:14 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

If you mean the scene in the laundry room, I already checked and, no, it's nothing like it.

spacer.png

That's a full bra!

5 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Definitely agree   I have always thought that this episode "The Focus Attenuation"  S8 E5 was the best she looked in the whole series

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Definitely agree   I have always thought that this episode "The Focus Attenuation"  S8 E5 was the best she looked in the whole series

She does look great, but, I prefer the long hair Penny.

7 minutes ago, chucky said:

She does look great, but, I prefer the long hair Penny.

She has hair in that picture? I hadn't noticed. 😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

She has hair in that picture? I hadn't noticed. 😁

Yeah, it took me a few minutes to get my eyes above the bikini top. Her hair is short, but not as short as in Season 7.

Edited by chucky

Posted (edited)

If it helps in the hunt, this is a padded bra, so I am thinking it was used before she had enhancement surgery. It may have been used in earlier episodes. Perhaps only the bra straps were seen on TV.I am grateful, and encouraged by all the responses. As with Penny, my cup runeth over.

Edited by Molecules
[sp]

7 hours ago, Molecules said:

If it helps in the hunt, this is a padded bra, so I am thinking it was used before she had enhancement surgery. It may have been used in earlier episodes. Perhaps only the bra straps were seen on TV.I am grateful, and encouraged by all the responses. As with Penny, my cup runeth over.

You could be right but I think she had her enhancement surgery well before she ever appeared on TBBT. I believe she had the surgery when she was 18 yrs. old.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mario D. said:

You could be right but I think she had her enhancement surgery well before she ever appeared on TBBT. I believe she had the surgery when she was 18 yrs. old.

Agreed!

• Like 1

To me, the early episodes, especially the first episode, show less of a load, than later episodes. Just trying to give extra clues. I think?

She had the enhancement surgery between seasons two and three of "Eight Simple Rules",  three years before she started on Big Bang.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Tensor said:

She had the enhancement surgery between seasons two and three of "Eight Simple Rules",  three years before she started on Big Bang.  

I was thinking she had it done during her time on "Eight Simple Rules".

Yes, I read that, but I think she upgraded, again. Just go to the web images, and look at side by side photos. She did not need this push-up padded bra later in this series of TBBT. Each surgery has to allow for tissue expansion, before another size upgrade is safely possible. Just ask Pamela Anderson.

9 hours ago, Molecules said:

Yes, I read that, but I think she upgraded, again. Just go to the web images, and look at side by side photos. She did not need this push-up padded bra later in this series of TBBT. Each surgery has to allow for tissue expansion, before another size upgrade is safely possible. Just ask Pamela Anderson.

How a woman's breasts look can be changed by what they are wearing over the bra,  the type and size of their bras, whether it's a push up or not, how low the cut of what they are wearing is.  I can find some some photos from season one that make her look much bigger than photos from the last season.  You would pretty much have to make comparisons from similar clothes, and similar shots and angles to prove anything.  I really can't see any kind difference between early seasons and later seasons.   Not to mention, having rather openly admitted to having enhancement surgery, there would be no reason to hide a second such surgery.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Tensor said:

How a woman's breasts look can be changed by what they are wearing over the bra,  the type and size of their bras, whether it's a push up or not, how low the cut of what they are wearing is.  I can find some some photos from season one that make her look much bigger than photos from the last season.  You would pretty much have to make comparisons from similar clothes, and similar shots and angles to prove anything.  I really can't see any kind difference between early seasons and later seasons.   Not to mention, having rather openly admitted to having enhancement surgery, there would be no reason to hide a second such surgery.

My opinion exactly.

15 hours ago, Tensor said:

I am no expert but my wife has informed me that enhancement surgery does require some tweaking after so many years. Since she had the surgery at 18 maybe she did have to get some treatment to keep the girls up. But to me I really do not see a difference from season one and season 12