The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jacqui

Cute Fact

My brothers and I are HUGE fans.  My brother was watching the movie HIGH NOON and realized that Grace Kelly's character was named AMY FOWLER!!! Is this a coincidence??? Pretty cool.  As I'm new to this site, this could have been stated years ago, but if not, please enjoy!!

I love and miss the show immensely!! And now watch re-runs WHENEVER they come on.  I also LOVE Young Sheldon.

Hope the BBT guys do a reunion show in the future.. That would be pretty awesome. 

• Penny Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, jacqui said:

Hope the BBT guys do a reunion show in the future.. That would be pretty awesome. 

I agree completely.

47 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I think they probably called the Big Bang Theory character Amy, because Mayim is an anagram of I'm Amy.

Possible, but will we ever know for sure?

• Like 1

They explained Amy's name at Paley Fest a few years ago.  The name was decided upon during a writers meeting.

She's named Amy because it means "beloved".

Chuck Lorre added the middle name Farrah because he liked the way the two names sounded together.

They then decided on the last name of Fowler because it's an old English surname (one who catches birds or fowl) and it would match Cooper which is also an old English surname (one who makes barrels or buckets).

The name was decided upon before they even hired Mayim.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, why would she be named after a character with zero things in common with Amy Farrah Fowler?