Kaley broken leg

Hi William,

Kaley did indeed break her leg this past saturday in a riding accident. I got word earlier that she's on day four of being in the hospital and is still in a lot of pain.

It made me very sad :(

Guys, I got concrete information on what happened.

The day of the accident Kaley was at her stables, one of her horses accidently stepped on her leg. It broke two bones in her calf and they shot out of her ankle. She was in surgery for a least 6 hours this past Friday that I know of.

Just thought I'd update everyone. If I find out more later I'll be sure to let you guys know

They are writing caley out? Why?

I mean think about the opportunity here: The nerds could visit caley/Penny in the hospital in several episodes!

Just think about the great scenes in offer:

-Howard visits Penny in hospital, for romantic purposes!

-Leonard visits Penny in hospital, for romatic purposes too!

-Sheldon visits and demands Penny to return to work, as he cannot stand the other waitresses there!

-Raj visits, but gets nervous at the door. so he just waves from the door, and leaves, in good old raj style!

I think these hospital scenes would work treat, and add to the show. and they would explain why penny is not at home.

Glad to see Kaley is now out of hospital word has it she is being allowed to use crutchs by the end of the week

She's already been up on crutches some. I guess seeing how she'd get around with them.

Thank god! But when you broke a leg or a foot you can`t really walk for six weeks. But instead of this its great, that Kaley won`t be out of the show so long.

I mean she can do sitting scenes and she`ll get good rehabilitation she`s famous man so that´s ok. She`ll be fine soon she´s young so it will heal well.

• 9 months later...

Found this thread up the back of the archives.

Did Kaley end up missing the two episodes? Or did they get around it when they had her standing behind the bar at the Cheesecake Factory?

I didn't really pay too much attention when this all happened. I remember reading the vanity card at the end of the ep where it mentioned her accident.

She missed 2, and for the others, was kept behind the bar at the Cheesecake Factory. Pretty good incorporation too, since it didnt even register with me when i watched the episode that she was injured.

You can also notice it in The Justice League Recombination and other episodes. You can notice the cast and that she hobbles a bit - check out the way she jumps when she hears that they won the contest.

There are all sorts of places. In the 21 second exceitation, when Penny gets up after losing truth or dare, you can see that she starts to stand up, but then they cut to a shot of a body double walking into her room. In the boyfriend complexity they do the same thing after she gets grilled by her dad for lying and does a lot of leaning on doors etc when talking to Leonard and Sheldon about the changes to the roommate agreement.

I actually think they did a great job. I knew about the accident when I watched those episodes so I was looking for it.

What I am really blown away by is how quickly it healed given what happened. Hopefully it won't cause too much trouble when she gets older.

I see that it was eps 4 and 5 when the accident occurred, and then the couple of eps after that when she is kept in shot from the waist up.

I read up on her official site just how much damage she did.. there was talk of possibly amputating the leg at one stage... so yeah, the recovery time would have been fairly lengthy I would assume.

The producers did very well with hiding it from view on screen.

Will be sure to go back and pay a bit more attention to the latter eps. Will now be on the look out for the body double.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know of the episodes Kaley missed was penny going to have a major part of the episodes and the writers had to redo the script or was penny just in the episode but not a major part of the storyline?

Does anyone know of the episodes Kaley missed was penny going to have a major part of the episodes and the writers had to redo the script or was penny just in the episode but not a major part of the storyline?

I don't know if we will ever know that answer but that would be a great question to ask Bill or chuck.

• 7 months later...

:icon_cry: Get better soon please.

She is better. This happened during a previous season

If you notice during the episode where the guys are making an app, there is sign of Penny limping a bit when she gets up from the chair and walks out of the flat