The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

4.03 The Zazzy Substitution (Oct. 7)

Do you notice that the cats names change from when he introduces them in the living room to Leonard and when he introduces them to his mother.

@convict: true, but there are lots more cats in Sheldon's room when his mother visits.

In the previous loungeroom scene with Leonard, Sheldon has 5 cats.

I can see at least 9 cats in Sheldon's bedroom.

Sheldon's mother interrupts him during the introduction to the cats "yeah, you got a lot of cats" iirc.

The white cat on the back of the couch was Robert Feynmann so of course he was so chill....lol He did acquire the entire Manhattan Project.

Should be interesting, judging by the photos. Sheldon, who is allergic to cats, sitting on the couch surrounded by 25 fluffy cats ...

Steve

The Wiki

That is (IMO) the hidden humane side of Sheldon: he is so zaaazzzy....

In the game "Counter Factuals", invented by Sheldon and Amy in this episode, to the question, if humankind was ruled by a giant intelligent beaver, what food would no longer be consumed? Leonard answered, cinnamon, because beavers eat bark, and cinnamon is a bark. It occurred to me that cinnamon is not the only bark that humans have used for food or medicine: willow is another one, which yields the chemical now known as salicylic acid or aspirin. A quick google search revealed that cinchona, cottonwood and slippery elm barks are also used medicinally. Fascinating.

Leonard calls himself a scientist.  :icon_rolleyes:

When they're playing Counter-Factuals, Leonard says the only tree bark, which humans consume, is cinnamon.

Really?

Where does he think Maple Syrup comes from?

In one of the earlier episodes, doesn't Sheldon state he is allergic to cats?

That being the case, how is he able to have half a dozen cats around the apartment?

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Leonard calls himself a scientist. :icon_rolleyes:

When they're playing Counter-Factuals, Leonard says the only tree bark, which humans consume, is cinnamon.

Really?

Where does he think Maple Syrup comes from?

In one of the earlier episodes, doesn't Sheldon state he is allergic to cats?

That being the case, how is he able to have half a dozen cats around the apartment?

Maple syrup is made from the tree's sap, not the bark. (sorry....the Canadian in me demanded I reply, lol).

I believe the bark of the willow tree was also consumed by humans as a medicine. It acts similarly to aspirin.

Because he wasen't himself that is why, that vixen Amy got under his skin :p. Some do take these characters at face value, and are surprised when they do things out of character, or get out of their comfort zone, but it happens but doesn't mean theirs a mistake in writing.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

By bringing cats into the apartment, isn't Sheldon in breach of the Roommate agreement?

Also, I notice Amy isn't wearing her signature, heavy woollen stockings.

As Amy says "you're mother said you were losing your mind over me" I don't think Sheldon really cared about the RA ... well not when he's the one braking the rules! 

If only he knew what was coming haha