The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dr_sheldon_ftw

who thinks raj should start talking?

Should Raj start talking?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Raj start talking?

If your meaning around females....which Im sure you are, absolutely not. It'd take away something that is actually very entertaining about his character.

Yes I mean in front of females. Because of the fact that there can't be ANY girls in the room for

him to talk, what his character can do is so limited! There can never be any funny scenes with

him and a girl unless he's drunk - I'm getting quite sick of this condition.

It'd be nice to see him actually have a proper conversation for once without any substance help!

No talk needed. I love Raj because he can be funny without talking!

The episode 1.07, Dumpling paradox, is the best example, in my opinion. In it, Raj gets left in the dark kitchen, whence he then exits, waving a goodbye to sleeping penny with his half eaten sandwich. No words, just brilliantly fun acting!:icon_cheesygrin:

As the series progresses I do think he should be able to talk at least around Penny. That would be good character development while also retaining his inability to talk with other women would still be a funny aspect of his character. Its the best of both worlds. .

also note: if raj learned to chat to women, then he would not need alcohol.

-and then we would not see any more of his charming ladies man -act.

indeed, if raj were able to talk to women when sober, he would be just like Leonard then. so it would not add to the show. but his inablitiy does add hilarity, and a lot of it. just remember the situation when raj was introduced to Sheldons twin sister, and was speecless and was forced to leave. and then he came back to take the shyness drug add from the noticeboard!

-one of the classic scenes of BBT:icon_cheesygrin:

Well, I do believe he should learn to speak to women. Even in yesterday's episode, Howard told him to ''go see a shrink and learn to speak to women''. That would be a good character development. However, I think it should be a slow and long process. Which would start by him being able to only say ''hi'' to Penny at first, then being able to talk when she's around, but not directly to her, then say only ''hi'' to other girls ('could be funny, imagine it: ''Hi' ''Hi, what's your name?'' ''...''), etc.

I just don't want it to happen too quickly. As Bill said, it could be a good character development. And even if it happens, he should remain somewhat shy around girls if he's not drunk! :p

Like I mentioned ....I look forward to Raj speaking when he's enibriated....very sexy....I get goosebumps... Yes, I'm a chick !

If he goes to a therapist, he could always get so comfortable with "her", they start dating and she speaks for him !! Ha...ha......

P.S. Finally got my Sheldon friend....double Ph.D.....to watch the show...he was always too scared he would see himself. He watched last week's episode first time...(first date) and he loved it. He said

it's interesting to see people living in a parallel universe.. whatever that means!!

I want Penny to sleep with Raj by accident lol. Picture the two of them being drunk together in Penny's apartment with no one else around.

Raj should start at least talking with Penny.

He should stay the same, except around Penny, and that should change slowly with just 'hello' and 'goodbye' at first.

He should stay the same, except around Penny, and that should change slowly with just 'hello' and 'goodbye' at first.

That's what I have been saying. As a therapist I know exposure therapy can work in reducing anxiety and phobias. Raj has been exposed to Penny for 3 years now and that should be enough for him to begin at least being able to communicate with her.

Guest Dianita

I love Raj just the way he is, that's what make him so unique! :D

That's what I have been saying. As a therapist I know exposure therapy can work in reducing anxiety and phobias. Raj has been exposed to Penny for 3 years now and that should be enough for him to begin at least being able to communicate with her.

I agree with the above. . . . .bein in close quarters with her for years, he would loose the shock and start seein her as just "one of the guys". The other possibility is to use meds. . . .as was done before. . . .and then have a field day with side effect possibilities. But i guess there is a reason Alcohol is referred to as "Liquid Courage"

He can talk to girls. With a little help of alcohol. And that is the magic of it all. In real life, he would probably take meds and go to therapy, but thankfully, BBT is not real life.

If Sheldon can get over his fear of human contact and hug Penny (which he has), and if Howard can stop exessively hitting on Penny (which he has), then Raj will be able to talk to Penny (and he will).

:D He's been around Penny for years now, and he'll get over it eventually. Of course he won't be able to talk to other women for a LONG time, so it would still be comedic gold. My guess is that he'll be able to talk to her sometime this season or the next.

One of the funny things about Raj is watching his facial expressions and mannerisms around women when he can't talk.

I'd be happy for him to be able to squeak out a "hi" or a couple of basic words to Penny with a lot of effort, but anything more than that would really be spoiling the character a bit.