Jump to content

Theory: Paige's Mom Will Become George Sr. Mistress


aeverett
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was questioning the purpose of Paige in Young Sheldon, other than as a rival to Sheldon.  However, in the last episode we saw her, she had given up on science and was behaving wildly.  After re-watching her 4 episodes so far, it struck me that her mother has had as big of a character arc as Paige and it got me wondering, what if that's the point.   

Think about it; the show has set up Sheldon's parents' marriage as a rock in the face of Sheldon's precociousness, so George Sr. just going out there and sniffing around would be out of character.  However, Paige's mom is a known quantity that is now single, a blonde, and has a gifted child like Sheldon.  She also seems to be on the party train, now that she's recently divorced, and envied George and Mary's marriage.   George and Mary may be having a few more issues in the last few episodes, but they came back together in the Season 3 finale.  It's gonna take a lot of movement to get George to where he needs to be when he has his second heart attack and dies.   Perhaps Paige was the red herring, to slip in the real threat to Sheldon's family, and it could also explain why Adult Sheldon's remembrance of her are colored with irritation.  

Edited by aeverett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
On 7/4/2020 at 9:44 PM, aeverett said:

I was questioning the purpose of Paige in Young Sheldon, other than as a rival to Sheldon.  However, in the last episode we saw her, she had given up on science and was behaving wildly.  After re-watching her 4 episodes so far, it struck me that her mother has had as big of a character arc as Paige and it got me wondering, what if that's the point.   

Think about it; the show has set up Sheldon's parents' marriage as a rock in the face of Sheldon's precociousness, so George Sr. just going out there and sniffing around would be out of character.  However, Paige's mom is a known quantity that is now single, a blonde, and has a gifted child like Sheldon.  She also seems to be on the party train, now that she's recently divorced, and envied George and Mary's marriage.   George and Mary may be having a few more issues in the last few episodes, but they came back together in the Season 3 finale.  It's gonna take a lot of movement to get George to where he needs to be when he has his second heart attack and dies.   Perhaps Paige was the red herring, to slip in the real threat to Sheldon's family, and it could also explain why Adult Sheldon's remembrance of her are colored with irritation.  

It's plausible, I guess, and an interesting theory. However, why would Paige's mom betray Mary Cooper, ,and want George after having a trim doctor?. Also, why would Sheldon transfer the anger of his dad's death, onto Paige? That would be like hating Baron Trump for the transgressions of his father. At most Paige would be like a pawn in Sheldon and Paige's chess game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Are we getting close to George Sr's infidelity?  Are his comments about not being happy anywhere and "Amarillo by Morning" playing in the background foreshadowing  trouble in the Cooper household?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Ron1959 said:

Are we getting close to George Sr's infidelity?  Are his comments about not being happy anywhere and "Amarillo by Morning" playing in the background foreshadowing  trouble in the Cooper household?

If the infidelity really happened and it wasn't just one of Sheldo's stories, I suppose we'll eventually find out,that's if the series goes on for long enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Well, Young Sheldon isn't 100% consistence with Big Bang Theory. They will remain the same on the major storyline, but as for minor details they won't always be the same. So, it is possible in this version Sheldon's father won't cheat. Considering in this version Sheldon's dad is portray as a really nice guy and a family man. 

If they are going to create a storyline in coalition with the Cheating, my guess is that it would be some form of misunderstanding. Maybe he injured his back taking his shirt off and the woman is helping him, but he accidentally fall on top of her, just as Sheldon came into the room, so mistaken it as sex. 

My guess is that there are two possibility, either it is Paige's mom. Or it might be Paige. 

It is pretty obvious right from the beginning of the series, Paige and Sheldon got chemistry. And a lot of chemistry. By the way the story progress, it should just be a matter of time till they get together. But in Big Bang Theory, Sheldon ended up with Amy. A misunderstanding like this, might be just what is needed to make sure, Paige and Sheldon never ended up together. Although, I hope they won't do something like this. I do hope they got a storyline where Sheldon and Paige did ended up together, but only needed to split apart due to reason, not of their decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2021 at 9:33 PM, Peter565 said:

My guess is that there are two possibility, either it is Paige's mom. Or it might be Paige. 

It is pretty obvious right from the beginning of the series, Paige and Sheldon got chemistry. And a lot of chemistry. By the way the story progress, it should just be a matter of time till they get together. But in Big Bang Theory, Sheldon ended up with Amy. A misunderstanding like this, might be just what is needed to make sure, Paige and Sheldon never ended up together. Although, I hope they won't do something like this. I do hope they got a storyline where Sheldon and Paige did ended up together, but only needed to split apart due to reason, not of their decision. 

Paige is a child. Roughly the same age as Sheldon. What you're suggesting would not simply make George a cheater. It would make him a pedophile and a criminal.

Sheldon made it abundantly clear that Amy is his first girlfriend. That eliminated Paige as a romantic possibiltiy.

Edited by HeWolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.