The fellowship is broken, and with that, the series

Sherminator

to me, the most horrible thing about season 3 was the realization that the fellowship of the geeks is broken.

Explains: In seasons 1 and 2 the nerds did everything together. this funny foursome, and their different reactions to situations was what made the show so great to me. They had a true fellowship, and no matter the situation, the four nerds held together.

But in season 3, this fellowship is rudely broken.

In season 3, the nerds disperse. they do things is ones (nerd+girl) and twos. Very rarely are the foursome together.

And this really messes up with the show.

I mean take the Warlords of Ka-a tournament: in the old times, they would all have been there, but now, only raj and sheldon attented. and so, the game became a mad sheldon show.

So, the fellowship is broken, and I do not think they will mend it in future.

And mostly for this reason i can no longer be a fan of this series. It is no longer the series I fell in love with.

And so with this post, I bid you all a very fond farewell. since I am no longer a BBT fan, there is no point hanging about this site, eh?

Well, to me you seem as a person with a very strong opinion which is rarely, if ever, changed by others, so I guess when you say you don't like the show, you really don't like it. But I believe the show still has a lot to offer. True, the guys don't hang out together as much as they did before, but as long as they're friends and share the same interests (nerdiness :D), the show will be awesome.

I think the show had to change as the show is about 5 people not just 4 geeks and a girl and I for one think the show is as good now as it's always been and it go's to show how the show as grown that the last show was still great without Penny (poorly leg) but thank god she is now ok and back taping the show

I just think they've become more comfortable with everything. They know they've got hardcore fans, and the ratings show that, (I mean, come on, the show's even showing here in Wales), and they decided to experiment etc.

Well you have a point. And I agree the group dynamics are much better and funnier. Season 1 & 2 are the best. But still, the show makes us laugh and I still want to know what will happen to Leonard and Penny.

I just noticed that.. but yea, the whole thing is about Sheldon.

I don't know about the top few people and their "Hey man, I know the show kind of sucks now but it's better than ever before!" type of deal but seriously, the show kind of sucks now.

I'm just being serious. I only watch the show because I'm always waiting for a funny moment which is few and sometimes disappointing.

To me, the chemistry between actors seems to have gotten sour. What others said about season 1 and 2 is true. They are both the seasons that made TBBT a hit.

I'm sorry I just don't see where "the show kind of sucks now" is coming from yes the end of season 3 was a bit mixed up what with the break up and all, but season 4 has started off great again things have had to change with Kaley breaking her leg but I think the show is as good as ever.

I'm sorry I just don't see where "the show kind of sucks now" is coming from yes the end of season 3 was a bit mixed up what with the break up and all, but season 4 has started off great again things have had to change with Kaley breaking her leg but I think the show is as good as ever.

I agree i think the show is just as good as it ever has been. The ratings are high so I think the majority of the people still like it.

I think this season has started very well and is continuing the quality of the previous three seasons. I do see all of the characters evolving and changing to some degree and that is positive because if they all acted the same and stayed in the same place it would get old, stale, boring and repetitive. But their growth as characters has placed them in funny situations and it is enjoyable watching them grow.

Hi

Seeing all those comments, I thought to put some additional thoughts to this post:

Breaking of the fellowship is not the only reason i stopped watching the show, althought it is the biggest.

Other reasons are the fact that there is not much nerdy stuff on the show any more.

-I mean in S 1 and 2 the show was all about nerdy things, with few relationships thrown in. but in season3 and onward, the show is all about relationships, with some nerdy stuff thrown in.

And i'm up to here with romantic, relationship driven comedies. The nerdy humour was what made the show, but now it is put aside, and the writers concentrate, for some weird reason, in romances and relationships.

more personal reason for not liking the show anymore is Penny. (if you are Penny fan, it might be a good idea to look away now!)

-In S1 and 2, Penny was backround. nessessary backround, but still just backing vocalist, so to speak, to the nerdy band.

-But now there is more Penny than ever. She gets just as much screen time as the nerds, and maybe even more than some of the nerds. and seeing her (censored) mien makes me sick to my stomach.

But hey, it's a romantic comedy now, people, so we need girls on screen!

Well, that's all I'm going to say! Bye bye!

Season four is very uneven so far. Last Thursday's episode, Iris Pub Formulation, was wonderful. The week before, however, was a travesty -- barely watchable. To be fair, the same can be said for the beginning of season three. And sticking it out was well worth it when episodes like Adhesive Duck Deficiency came along.

I won't stop watching the show just because some of the episodes are very poor. I'll be disappointed when they fail to live up to the high standards they set in seasons 1 and 2, but I'll keep watching. As someone else posted, it's still the best sitcom on TV (okay, tied with HIMYM). And even in a poor episode like Desperation Emanation there are still great moments.

I mean, seriously ... I've been a Star Trek fan since the 1960s. Some of those episodes were beyond horrible, but I still love the show. Being willing to point out with fairness and affection the mistakes and flaws is part of what it means to be a fan, I think.

Steve

The Wiki

Season 4 seems a bit disjointed so far and not enough Penny. By far the funniest moments are the interactions between Sheldon and Penny. I used to look forward to new episodes and although I still watch the anticipation isn't there anymore.

Season 4 seems a bit disjointed so far and not enough Penny. By far the funniest moments are the interactions between Sheldon and Penny. I used to look forward to new episodes and although I still watch the anticipation isn't there anymore.

Well. it didn't help Penny's screen time, when Kaley used her leg as a cushion for a horse.. :icon_cheesygrin:

I still enjoy the show very much, however I will say it seems that Penny has changed Leonard so much since the first season. Leonard was much more geeky in the first season then in any other of them. It's all Penny's fault :p

I thin the tension and relationship is part of why a lot of people watch the show.. For me especially I look forward to see where that is going while Sheldon cracks me up!