The Flight Attendant (Kaley)

spacer.png

themelissarauch:  Cannot say enough about how fantastic @flightattendantonmax is and how incredible @kaleycuoco is in it! If you’re not watching, do yourself the biggest favor and get over to @hbomax and start doing so now! Like, stop reading this and do it! Ok...ummm, why are you still reading this!?! Did you not hear me the first time? Get those eyeballs up on #theflightattendant

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From US Weekly Kaley Cuoco Talks Being ‘Challenged’ on ‘The Flight Attendant’: ‘I Feel Like I Can Do Anything’   Source

From TV Line  <full article in the link> Performer of the Year: The 20 Finalists In a year when we wanted to spend as little time in the real world as possible, there was certainly no

Posted Images

On 12/2/2020 at 12:34 PM, vonmar said:

Yes  I have watched all five episodes so far and she is just outstanding in the role.  Gorgeous as ever with that Penny funny side and brilliant dramatic chops as well. Try to watch it if you can.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Yes  I have watched all five episodes so far and she is just outstanding in the role.  Gorgeous as ever with that Penny funny side and brilliant dramatic chops as well. Try to watch it if you can.

I've watched the first episode and agree with your post.

4 hours ago, vonmar said:

spacer.png

themelissarauch:  Cannot say enough about how fantastic @flightattendantonmax is and how incredible @kaleycuoco is in it! If you’re not watching, do yourself the biggest favor and get over to @hbomax and start doing so now! Like, stop reading this and do it! Ok...ummm, why are you still reading this!?! Did you not hear me the first time? Get those eyeballs up on #theflightattendant

Great to see the support from "Bernadette"!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

I wonder what her chances are to pick up a nomination on Golden Globe for the show or herself as an actress. 

Hopefully she gets at least nominated for actress and producer. It would be great if she both as an actress and the producer. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

I wonder what her chances are to pick up a nomination on Golden Globe for the show or herself as an actress. 

Funny you should ask that. I was checking on when the Golden Globes, Critics Choice, and SAG awards nominations will be announced. 

Golden Globe nominations:  Feb.  3, 2021

Critics Choice nominations:   Feb.  7,  2021

SAG Awards  nominations:     Feb.  4 ,  2021

After watching the first five episodes I would say she has a great chance to be nominated for all three award presentations

Also, do not forget about Harley Quinn for which she received critical acclaim for her performance which could be in the mix.  And she is executive producer on both of these shows so her company could pick up awards for that as well. All things considered she could be looking at a bright awards season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Funny you should ask that. I was checking on when the Golden Globes, Critics Choice, and SAG awards nominations will be announced. 

Golden Globe nominations:  Feb.  3, 2021

Critics Choice nominations:   Feb.  7,  2021

SAG Awards  nominations:     Feb.  4 ,  2021

After watching the first five episodes I would say she has a great chance to be nominated for all three award presentations

Also, do not forget about Harley Quinn for which she received critical acclaim for her performance which could be in the mix.  And she is executive producer on both of these shows so her company could pick up awards for that as well. All things considered she could be looking at a bright awards season.

As I said, my fingers are crossed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chucky said:

As I said, my fingers are crossed.

Wouldn't it be a real coup for her that after all these years as a comedic actress she wins an award for her dramatic performance.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Wouldn't it be a real coup for her that after all these years as a comedic actress she wins an award for her dramatic performance.

I'd love to see that happen.

33 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

For The Golden Globes, The Flight Attendant is competing in the Comedy category.

• Like 2

From TV Line  <full article in the link>

Performer of the Year: The 20 Finalists

In a year when we wanted to spend as little time in the real world as possible, there was certainly no shortage of stellar TV performances that helped us escape.

For the past 12 months, our Performer of the Week column has honored the small screen’s most breathtaking work, recognizing actors from broadcast, cable and streaming series as they moved us to tears or brought on belly laughs. But now, we face a big question: Who’s the Performer of the Year?

In the list below, we’ve narrowed down this excellent year of acting to 20 finalists, which will double as a “ballot” of sorts.

On Friday, Dec. 18, we will crown one of the nominees (and only one!) our 2020 Performer of the Year...

Kaley Cuoco, The Flight Attendant

HBO Max’s adaptation of the Chris Bohjalian novel would not work if we weren’t on some level rooting for Cassie Bowden, the poster girl for extremely bad decisions. But to her credit, Cuoco makes the character as sympathetic as she is recklessly impulsive; Cassie’s near-constant anguish make us want to have the morally casual alcoholic’s back. On the lighter side, whenever Cassie tries to rationalize (or conceal) her exploits with gal pals Annie (Zosia Mamet) and Megan (Rosie Perez), Cuoco leans into her vaunted sitcom skill set and trades deliciously tart banter. First Class work, all around.

Flight-Attendant-1x03-1.jpg

• Like 5

On 12/2/2020 at 1:37 PM, chucky said:

Episode 1 was on WTBS on last Sunday night right after the last episode of TBBT ran that night. I really enjoyed it.

I just watched the  final episode of The Flight Attendant.  Kaley was magnificent in this role, a far cry from  playing Penny.  Without a doubt the best performance of her career. And if she does not get any recognition for it with award nominations then there is truly no justice in this world. I totally enjoyed every episode although after reading the book the finale was a little different. But it did not take away from the storyline or her dramatic acting ability. I am very glad to say I am a fan of Kaley Cuoco and after seeing this series there will be many more fans of her.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I just watched the  final episode of The Flight Attendant.  Kaley was magnificent in this role, a far cry from  playing Penny.  Without a doubt the best performance of her career. And if she does not get any recognition for it with award nominations then there is truly no justice in this world. I totally enjoyed every episode although after reading the book the finale was a little different. But it did not take away from the storyline or her dramatic acting ability. I am very glad to say I am a fan of Kaley Cuoco and after seeing this series there will be many more fans of her.

Totally agree! Hopefully when people view her in this, they will realize how wonderful of an actress she has become. She's not just a pretty face, she's an actress!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

On episode 6 atm. Great performance from Kaley as expected. Kind of hard getting used to her playing a non- comical role, but she is nailing it for me so far.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

There are touches of comedy mixed in with drama. She does great in both.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Yeah, you are right. Also touches of her great facial expressions did not go unnoticed.

For sure! I was going to acknowledge that, but forgot. Thanks for catching it. I've always loved her facial expressions!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

For sure! I was going to acknowledge that, but forgot. Thanks for catching it. I've always loved her facial expressions!
Loving it and hope there is a season 2. I i know its adapted from a book, but the character has so much potentials to grow.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1