Jump to content

The Flight Attendant (Kaley)


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Well she made it! Nominations for Critics Choice, Golden Globes and SAG.....wow amazing!!

Totally awesome !!!!!!!

I’m a little bit curious how they plan to arrange all of these award shows due to the Covid virus. I highly doubt that all nominees and other people can be at the same place at the same time 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From US Weekly Kaley Cuoco Talks Being ‘Challenged’ on ‘The Flight Attendant’: ‘I Feel Like I Can Do Anything’   Source

From TV Line  <full article in the link> Performer of the Year: The 20 Finalists In a year when we wanted to spend as little time in the real world as possible, there was certainly no

(4 pictures)  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Swedish Chef said:

Totally awesome !!!!!!!

I’m a little bit curious how they plan to arrange all of these award shows due to the Covid virus. I highly doubt that all nominees and other people can be at the same place at the same time 

For The Emmy Awards (September 2020) the host, Jimmy Kimmel and a few guest were live at the very large and very empty Staples Center in LA.  The nominees were mostly seen via remote camera setups from their homes where you got to see their reactions live.   

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

Totally awesome !!!!!!!

I’m a little bit curious how they plan to arrange all of these award shows due to the Covid virus. I highly doubt that all nominees and other people can be at the same place at the same time 

As I understand the Golden Globes will be on Feb. 28, Critics Choice on Mar. 7, and SAG awards on Apr. 4 Don't know if these will be with a live audience or on a virtual transmission

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mario D. said:

As I understand the Golden Globes will be on Feb. 28, Critics Choice on Mar. 7, and SAG awards on Apr. 4 Don't know if these will be with a live audience or on a virtual transmission

 

Probably virtual, seeing they're being held in California.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, vonmar said:

For The Emmy Awards (September 2020) the host, Jimmy Kimmel and a few guest were live at the very large and very empty Staples Center in LA.  The nominees were mostly seen via remote camera setups from their homes where you got to see their reactions live.   

Thanks a lot for your answers @vonmar @Mario D.  @chucky

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kaley Cuoco finally gets the awards recognition she deserves with 'The Flight Attendant.' She joins Gold Derby editor Christopher Rosen to discuss her recent Golden Globe and SAG Awards nominations.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, vonmar said:

Kaley Cuoco finally gets the awards recognition she deserves with 'The Flight Attendant.' She joins Gold Derby editor Christopher Rosen to discuss her recent Golden Globe and SAG Awards nominations.

Nice to hear Kaley's thoughts about "The Flight Attendant" and the nominations. 

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

153103771_256829789297363_65926649880634

variety:  During 12 seasons on #TheBigBangTheory, Kaley Cuoco became one of the highest-paid actors in the history of television — but for her 6.4 million followers on Instagram, she gives away content for free. There, on the day of the #GoldenGlobes nominations, she posted a video of herself watching the announcement on her phone. As she hears her name in the actress in a musical or comedy category for “The Flight Attendant,” she turns to her husband, Karl Cook, her face collapsing with happiness, and starts to sob. Along with a second video when she learns that #TheFlightAttendant was also nominated — just Cuoco screaming, really — it was a moment so pure it went viral.⁠

As the 35-year-old Cuoco says more than once over a Zoom interview, she has been in show business for 30 years. Which is why she was shocked on the day of the Globe nominations to hear a press outlet call her a “newcomer.”⁠

“And I laughed!” Cuoco says, shaking her head and, yes, still laughing. “I was talking to my two managers and I go, ‘You guys, they just called me a newcomer.’ I go, ‘I’ve been here for 30 years.’”⁠

Link to the story... How Kaley Cuoco Soared to New Heights in ‘The Flight Attendant’

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vonmar said:

153103771_256829789297363_65926649880634

variety:  During 12 seasons on #TheBigBangTheory, Kaley Cuoco became one of the highest-paid actors in the history of television — but for her 6.4 million followers on Instagram, she gives away content for free. There, on the day of the #GoldenGlobes nominations, she posted a video of herself watching the announcement on her phone. As she hears her name in the actress in a musical or comedy category for “The Flight Attendant,” she turns to her husband, Karl Cook, her face collapsing with happiness, and starts to sob. Along with a second video when she learns that #TheFlightAttendant was also nominated — just Cuoco screaming, really — it was a moment so pure it went viral.⁠

As the 35-year-old Cuoco says more than once over a Zoom interview, she has been in show business for 30 years. Which is why she was shocked on the day of the Globe nominations to hear a press outlet call her a “newcomer.”⁠

“And I laughed!” Cuoco says, shaking her head and, yes, still laughing. “I was talking to my two managers and I go, ‘You guys, they just called me a newcomer.’ I go, ‘I’ve been here for 30 years.’”⁠

Link to the story... How Kaley Cuoco Soared to New Heights in ‘The Flight Attendant’

Additionally, there was a side story about how Kaley and the other co-stars received the news that TBBT will not be continuing for a 13th season. She states that they were all in shock that Jim Parsons did not want to continue as the consensus was for one more season. IMO, Jim did not want to continue because he felt there were no more stories for Sheldon and Amy. They were married, won the Nobel prize so there was not much else to go forward in their plotline. But here I think is the sticking point. Because TBBT focused so much on the Shamy storyline the last three years the other stars in the ensemble were left  aside and that is why they had to rush to at least give some closure to them in the last few episodes, especially Leonard and Penny. I think if they would have given some more time to Penny and Leonard, Raj and to some extent Howard and Bernadette the ending would have been much more memorable.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Additionally, there was a side story about how Kaley and the other co-stars received the news that TBBT will not be continuing for a 13th season. She states that they were all in shock that Jim Parsons did not want to continue as the consensus was for one more season. IMO, Jim did not want to continue because he felt there were no more stories for Sheldon and Amy. They were married, won the Nobel prize so there was not much else to go forward in their plotline. But here I think is the sticking point. Because TBBT focused so much on the Shamy storyline the last three years the other stars in the ensemble were left  aside and that is why they had to rush to at least give some closure to them in the last few episodes, especially Leonard and Penny. I think if they would have given some more time to Penny and Leonard, Raj and to some extent Howard and Bernadette the ending would have been much more memorable.

I think you're spot on with this  :good2:

20 hours ago, vonmar said:

153103771_256829789297363_65926649880634

variety:  During 12 seasons on #TheBigBangTheory, Kaley Cuoco became one of the highest-paid actors in the history of television — but for her 6.4 million followers on Instagram, she gives away content for free. There, on the day of the #GoldenGlobes nominations, she posted a video of herself watching the announcement on her phone. As she hears her name in the actress in a musical or comedy category for “The Flight Attendant,” she turns to her husband, Karl Cook, her face collapsing with happiness, and starts to sob. Along with a second video when she learns that #TheFlightAttendant was also nominated — just Cuoco screaming, really — it was a moment so pure it went viral.⁠

As the 35-year-old Cuoco says more than once over a Zoom interview, she has been in show business for 30 years. Which is why she was shocked on the day of the Globe nominations to hear a press outlet call her a “newcomer.”⁠

“And I laughed!” Cuoco says, shaking her head and, yes, still laughing. “I was talking to my two managers and I go, ‘You guys, they just called me a newcomer.’ I go, ‘I’ve been here for 30 years.’”⁠

Link to the story... How Kaley Cuoco Soared to New Heights in ‘The Flight Attendant’

A really nice story. 

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

On Sunday (Monday for us on this side of the pond) we will finally know if Kaley gets any Golden Globes. 

Well many critics are picking her as a sleeper in the nominations. Variety magazine itself stated that Catherine O'Hara is the favorite but do not rule out Kaley from winning. Hope they are right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Well many critics are picking her as a sleeper in the nominations. Variety magazine itself stated that Catherine O'Hara is the favorite but do not rule out Kaley from winning. Hope they are right.

Here's hoping for her well-earned awards.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

From Variety

The Producers Guild of America announced its nominations for the motion picture and television categories for the 32nd PGA Awards.  The 2021 PGA Awards will be taking place virtually on Wednesday, March 24 at 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PT.

Danny Thomas Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television – Comedy

  • Curb Your Enthusiasm” (HBO) – Season 10
    Producers: eligibility determination pending
  • The Flight Attendant(HBO Max) – Season 1
    Producers: Greg Berlanti, Kaley Cuoco, Steve Yockey, Meredith Lavender, Marcie Ullin, Sarah Schechter, Suzanne McCormack, Jess Meyer, Raymond Quinlan, Jennifer Lence, Erika Kennair
  • Schitt’s Creek” (Pop TV) – Season 6
    Producers: Eugene Levy, Daniel Levy, Andrew Barnsley, Fred Levy, David West Read, Ben Feigin, Michael Short, Kurt Smeaton, Kosta Orfanidis
  • Ted Lasso” (Apple TV Plus) – Season 1
    Producers: Bill Lawrence, Jason Sudeikis, Jeff Ingold, Bill Wrubel, Liza Katzer, Jane Becker, Jamie Lee, Kip Kroeger, Brendan Hunt, Tina Pawlik, Joe Kelly
  • What We Do in the Shadows” (FX) – Season 2
    Producers: Jemaine Clement, Taika Waititi, Paul Simms, Scott Rudin, Garrett Basch, Eli Bush, Stefani Robinson, Sam Johnson, Marika Sawyer, Derek S. Rappaport
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2021 at 3:39 PM, Mario D. said:

Additionally, there was a side story about how Kaley and the other co-stars received the news that TBBT will not be continuing for a 13th season. She states that they were all in shock that Jim Parsons did not want to continue as the consensus was for one more season. IMO, Jim did not want to continue because he felt there were no more stories for Sheldon and Amy. They were married, won the Nobel prize so there was not much else to go forward in their plotline. But here I think is the sticking point. Because TBBT focused so much on the Shamy storyline the last three years the other stars in the ensemble were left  aside and that is why they had to rush to at least give some closure to them in the last few episodes, especially Leonard and Penny. I think if they would have given some more time to Penny and Leonard, Raj and to some extent Howard and Bernadette the ending would have been much more memorable.

That's really not true about Jim thinking there were no more Shamy stories. He said 'no more stories' in general. He didn't even know his character would win the Nobel when he decided not to continue with show. He was never focused on just his own character.CL could have continued but he pulled the plug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's really not true about Jim thinking there were no more Shamy stories. He said 'no more stories' in general. He didn't even know his character would win the Nobel when he decided not to continue with show. He was never focused on just his own character.CL could have continued but he pulled the plug

There is no such thing as “no more stories”. There may be stories where interest is low. Stories that people and actors and writers and producers and segments of audiences don’t care about. But. There is always a story.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:


There is no such thing as “no more stories”. There may be stories where interest is low. Stories that people and actors and writers and producers and segments of audiences don’t care about. But. There is always a story.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, sure if you don't mind them being crappy. Why proceed if the quality is low? So they can go out on a bad note? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.