Would Penny Make a Good Mother?

Molecules

To me there are pros and cons to this topic. Pro- Penny is a caring person. She has raised Sheldon, that 'big baby'. She shows compassion. She can sing 'soft kitty'. Cons-Penny has a drinking problem. Sometimes it is partially genetic, and runs in families, like her brother the manufacturer and dealer. We never did learn what color trash they are. She was neglectful of Cinnamon and the chocolates. Had she followed Raj's suggestion of a doggy audience, Cinnamon might have been saved. If a vet feels good that she did not have a dog, should she be trusted with a child? She did not want a child, even when Zak was asking Leonard to donate. Any thoughts?

12 hours ago, Molecules said:

To me there are pros and cons to this topic. Pro- Penny is a caring person. She has raised Sheldon, that 'big baby'. She shows compassion. She can sing 'soft kitty'. Cons-Penny has a drinking problem. Sometimes it is partially genetic, and runs in families, like her brother the manufacturer and dealer. We never did learn what color trash they are. She was neglectful of Cinnamon and the chocolates. Had she followed Raj's suggestion of a doggy audience, Cinnamon might have been saved. If a vet feels good that she did not have a dog, should she be trusted with a child? She did not want a child, even when Zak was asking Leonard to donate. Any thoughts?

Penny will make a great mother. All she needs is to read Beverly's books on child rearing, to know what not to do when bringing up a child. Her drinking has been reduced. Her brother did not have a drinking or a drug problem. Just a manufacturing and a getting caught manufacturing problem.  So what that she waffled on having children or not. Women, men and couples do that all the time. Cinnamon, well that was one time. Howard and Bernadette are great parents and they lost Cinnamon when they were watching her. That business with Cinnamon matters not when raising a child. Yes, she can be trusted with a child. Again Howard and Bernadette did trust her with Halley. Zack, don't get me started on him.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 11:13 AM, chucky said:

Penny will make a great mother. All she needs is to read Beverly's books on child rearing, to know what not to do when bringing up a child. Her drinking has been reduced. Her brother did not have a drinking or a drug problem. Just a manufacturing and a getting caught manufacturing problem.  So what that she waffled on having children or not. Women, men and couples do that all the time. Cinnamon, well that was one time. Howard and Bernadette are great parents and they lost Cinnamon when they were watching her. That business with Cinnamon matters not when raising a child. Yes, she can be trusted with a child. Again Howard and Bernadette did trust her with Halley. Zack, don't get me started on him.

Penny's brother was also a user of Methamphetamine. Remember when he said to his mom 'Thank you for my new teeth'. Meth users usually rot their teeth. Also, the family stated that he recently got his 10th one month sober chip. Wyatt has a drinking problem, 'Like father, like daughter'. Beverly's books may be more do as I say (write), not as I did.   

Edited by Molecules
more stuff

58 minutes ago, Molecules said:

Penny's brother was also a user of Methamphetamine. Remember when he said to his mom 'Thank you for my new teeth'. Meth users usually rot their teeth. Wyatt has a drinking problem, 'Like father, like daughter'. Beverly's books may be more do as I say (write), not as I did.   

Wyatt had no drinking problem. So he drinks a beer or two. The hard work he puts in on the farm each day, says he deserves a beer or 2 or 3. George Sr. Sheldon's dad, had the drinking problem. Beverly wrote about her parenting skills and the results of said skills.

Edited by chucky

On 8/7/2020 at 9:14 PM, chucky said:

Wyatt had no drinking problem. So he drinks a beer or two. The hard work he puts in on the farm each day, says he deserves a beer or 2 or 3. George Sr. Sheldon's dad, had the drinking problem. Beverly wrote about her parenting skills and the results of said skills.

Addictive behavior can be familial. I believe Wyatt's wife scolds him about having more beers. If he had no 'problem', she would have not chastised so loudly, and in public. I believe Sheldon avoids booze, because his dad died from alcohol abuse. They had to get him the extra large coffin, probably from ascites (beer belly). In season 12, Leonard's mom admits his whole life is her ongoing experiment. What son longs to hear his life was his mom's experiment. I believe euphemisms like drink, or play, instead of alcohol consumption, or gambling, lessens the problem in someone's mind, but nowhere else. No one 'deserves' a beer, or 3. Prohibition occurred as a failed attempt to halt the destruction caused by booze. Hard work should be its own reward, along with the financial compensation, not an excuse to drink alcohol.

Be aware, earlier this year an English publication, The Guardian (existing over 200 years), published an Oxford study of over 25 thousand subjects by Anya Topiwala et al, , that has shown there is no safe amount of alcohol consumption "Any amount of alcohol consumption is harmful to the brain." Lower grey matter density occurs. Nearly every part of the brain is affected. The more you drink , the worse your brain.   Cheers! 

Edited by Molecules
more stuff

12 minutes ago, Molecules said:

Addictive behavior can be familial. I believe Wyatt's wife scolds him about having more beers. If he had no 'problem', she would have not chastised so loudly, and in public. In season 12 Leonard's mom admits his whole life is an ongoing experiment. What son longs to hear his life was his mom's experiment. No one 'deserves' a beer, or 3. Prohibition occurred as a failed attempt to halt the destruction caused by booze. Hard work should be its own reward, along with the financial compensation, not an excuse to drink alcohol. Cheers! 

We have different views on this subject and will probably continue to disagree. In my opinion, Penny's mom reacted to Wyatt's drinking in that manner so Beverly wouldn't think he had a drinking problem. As I said your opinion is different than mine.

Edited by chucky

4 minutes ago, chucky said:

We have different views on this subject and will probably continue to disagree. In my opinion, Penny's mom reacted to Wyatt's drinking in that manner so Beverly wouldn't think he had a drinking problem. As I said your opinion is different than mine and I don't feel like discussing this subject any further.

Agree to disagree. That is a good reason for a Forum. If we all agreed, this would be boring. I fully respect you. Be well.

Edited by Molecules
more stuff

2 minutes ago, Molecules said:

Agree to disagree. That is a good reason for a Forum. If we all agreed, this would be boring. I fully respect you. Be well.

I also respect you and your position. Be well and take care.

• 1 year later...
On 8/6/2020 at 10:30 PM, Molecules said:

The vet did save Cinnamon. Cinnamon didn't die.

• Confused 1

On 10/21/2021 at 9:59 PM, TLW said:

Agreed. I never wrote 'die'. I wrote 'saved', as in saved from a near lethal end. Chocolate can be lethal to dogs. The vet had to use charcoal to adsorb the doggy toxic chocolate  swallowed. If Cinnamon was the audience for Penny and Leonard's sexual exploits, as Raj suggested, then Cinnamon would not  have been able to attack the chocolate. Funny, I always thought Cinnamon and chocolate mix well together.  Ultimately, 'fast as lightening' Leonard ended quickly enough for Cinnamon's benefit (less exposure time to the ingested chocolate), but to Penny's unsatisfactory conclusion. Lucky for Cinnamon, Sheldon and Amy weren't involved. Otherwise, by that conclusion, Cinnamon would be dead, and, at least, partially mummified, as well: A doggy cinnamon stick.

Edited by Molecules

1 hour ago, Molecules said:

Agreed. I never wrote 'die'. I wrote 'saved', as in saved from a near lethal end. Chocolate can be lethal to dogs. The vet had to use charcoal to adsorb the doggy toxic chocolate  swallowed. If Cinnamon was the audience for Penny and Leonard's sexual exploits, as Raj suggested, then Cinnamon would not  have been able to attack the chocolate. Funny, I always thought Cinnamon and chocolate mix well together.  Ultimately, 'fast as lightening' Leonard ended quickly enough for Cinnamon's benefit (less exposure time to the ingested chocolate), but to Penny's unsatisfactory conclusion. Lucky for Cinnamon, Sheldon and Amy weren't involved. Otherwise, by that conclusion, Cinnamon would be dead, and, at least, partially mummified, as well. 

I had to read your joke at the end there twice to get it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2021 at 9:59 PM, TLW said:

Correct! Saved, as in saved from poisoning. I never wrote death. 

On 10/22/2021 at 9:59 PM, chucky said:

Just for your info, Cinnamon survived the chocolates adventure.

Correct! Saved, as in saved from poisoning. I never wrote death. Still Confused?

6 hours ago, Molecules said:

Correct! Saved, as in saved from poisoning. I never wrote death. 

Correct! Saved, as in saved from poisoning. I never wrote death. Still Confused?

To be truthful, I've lost interest in that post,

• Like 1