407. The Apology Insufficiency (Nov. 4)

Tripper

"The Apology Insufficiency" - Sheldon's answers during an FBI interview put Wolowitz's security clearance in jeopardy, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Nov. 4 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Eliza Dushku ("Dollhouse") guest stars as the agent interviewing Wolowitz's friends.

Episode Guide | Wiki

I was so surprised to see Neil DeGrasse Tyson in the episode!!! I was wondering if he'd ever be in one! He is my favorite astrophysicist (I must be a nerd if I have a favorite astrophysicist). All in all it was a great episode. Although it was good to see Penny back her scene felt somewhat detached.

Oh, no, I loved the Penny scene... Well, which one are you talking about: The one where she discusses with Sheldon about Star Trek metaphors, or the one where she wins a bet with Leonard about how much time Sheldon could stand to be outside of his ''spot''? :p

Nah, I'm guessing the bar scene, which was absolutely awesome! They are ''nerding'' up Penny somewhat! That doesn't happen often, so I'm always glad to see such references from Penny's mouth! Althought it didn't beat the ''raise the shields'' comments from that ''Dead Hooker'' episode! :p

The rest of the episode was also awesome! Eliza played a great FBI agent! And she had to face Sheldon's crazyness... TWICE! Poor her... Althought I'd be very interested to hear what she has to say about playing a role in that episode! :D Anyone has an interview of her about that, or something?

The one thing I didn't liked, however: Raj reading Twilight! And actually enjoying it! He dropped in my esteem there! :( Nah, kidding, it's just a TV show, so that made it funny! :p

Actually I expected more from this episode but anyway. I did enjoyed it. The manly impersonation of Leonard was funny (I wonder if they will do a makeover episode for the guys. That would be interesting) Sheldon's talk with Penny and the spitting of the tequila was weird and funny. I was waiting for Eliza and Howard's scene but nothing. Oh well.

Looking forward for the next episode...

• 1 year later...

The opening part where Leonard says he needs to be more confident, that doesn't make you look like you're confident it makes you look a little creppy. Of course Eliza dushku in it was great, now how was raj able to talk to the female FBI agent by eating cake.

The opening part where Leonard says he needs to be more confident, that doesn't make you look like you're confident it makes you look a little creppy. Of course Eliza dushku in it was great, now how was raj able to talk to the female FBI agent by eating cake.

It was Rum Cake, so we assume that even the fact that it may have just the tiniest amount of alcohol in it allows him to talk, but then again the fake beer worked well for him previoulsy.

• 2 months later...

The apology is definitely one of Sheldon's standout human moments.

No wonder Raj cried. :p

HA! I think it's funny when Raj is about to watch a chick flick and he's got his box of tissues & he's like, "oh, I'm already about to cry!" lol.

(in Season 5, the Love Car Displacement)

The apology is definitely one of Sheldon's standout human moments.

No wonder Raj cried. :p

HA! I think it's funny when Raj is about to watch a chick flick and he's got his box of tissues & he's like, "oh, I'm already about to cry!" lol.

(in Season 5, the Love Car Displacement)

Yes, Bridget Jones. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

does anyone else think that Sheldon asking/demanding for his spot back at the end of the episode, kinda ruined the apology? to me, the apology made the whole episode.

alternate ending: instead of Sheldon demanding his spot back from Howard, they could have just ended the episode sincerely (since Sheldon's apology WAS sincere), and resume the next week's episode with Sheldon back in his spot.