The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
morat

The Guy with the Glasses

I've watched all episodes and I'm starting to get annoyed. Could you please, oh please give this guy with the glasses a personality? He is just a whiner and totally drags the game.

Isn't he supposed to be a witty character fascinated about experimentation? The series dynamics only evolves around Sheldon without a strong counterpart who would balance him. Don't get me wrong, I love Sheldon, and the indian guy and the engineer - it's just that it's getting old.

Actually I think Leonard have all the reason to whine. What he only wants is to be love. I don't know if you notice, but he never actually have felt to be loved by his family and/or someone (I guess except for his friends) especially when he was growing up. And I think his just discovering new feelings and emotion. I do feel bad for him but at some point the character gets kinda annoying. Still I hope the Leonard character will grow more. And will come to a realization... :)

I've watched all episodes and I'm starting to get annoyed. Could you please, oh please give this guy with the glasses a personality? He is just a whiner and totally drags the game.

Isn't he supposed to be a witty character fascinated about experimentation? The series dynamics only evolves around Sheldon without a strong counterpart who would balance him. Don't get me wrong, I love Sheldon, and the indian guy and the engineer - it's just that it's getting old.

You claim to have seen ALL episodes yet you don't know anyone's name except Sheldon?hmmmmm.....

I actually love Leonard as the Woobie. I didn't like in season three where he got all full of himself in front of the other nerds. :icon_frown:

Bring back Woobie Leonard: the one I want to hug because he had to invent a hugging machine in his youth. :icon_wink:

Sheldon is portrayed to be 'whiny' because of his up bringing. I mean if you lived with someone who never accepted you or gave you any appriciation you wouldn't really be a very happy fellow. Its called Method acting. He is getting into the character, becoming the character to create this person. Also if you live with someone as anal as sheldon you wouldn't be jumping for joy now would you? I love the characters , they are all unique in their own way. They work off eachother.

Leonard- 'Whiny'

Sheldon- Really anal xD

Raj- Shy towards women

Howard- Perpetually horny xD

I love this show <3

In their own ways, each character is very "whiny", it's the nature of the nerd and the entire premise of the show. Leonard whines when love in his life seems unobtainable. Sheldon whines when his normal routine is interupted somehow. Raj whines when his handicap of selective mutism is brought into light. Howard whines when he is yelling at his mother throughout the house. I hope they never loose the whine, its what makes it fun.

Leonard is generally known for his somewhat sarcastic personality. However, I do not consider him annoying and whiny at all. And I agree with DIEKillerRobotDIE (nice name, btw).

I think it's hilarious that the guy who posted this thread dislikes Leonard so much that he hasn't even bothered to learn his name !!

lolz.... a true hater.

@Tracer: yeah... agreed... someone else hints at it in post #3.

I shall refer to the thread starter as "angry man" from hereon.

Ok.. looked it up.

A "woobie" is another name for a child's security blanket.

It has in turn become urban slang for "a baby".. like my term "sooky la-la" I guess.